• 59(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin
BlueCop Wrote:this isnt needed for the eden betas. they included an updated library.

Thanks for the confirmation no update is needed for the eden beta.
Hope that everybody have a great day

I am having a issue where I cannot see the video (only a black screen but when I go to the main page I can see the video playing in preview mode on the skin I am currently using Axeon MQ3 in the main window of xbmc on the (in the skin mentioned) small screen where you can see the what is playing now I will see the video running smoothly and clear ONLY IN FULLSCREEN VIEW will not play.

The log is
http://pastebin.com/p5AT80A3

As you will noticed the problem lies in This error
Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't
As previously mentioned in this thread in trying to replace the librtmp with the librtmp3 file and cannot find is location to save my life. I hope someone can point in the right direction,,,

Have try to locate the file in the following directories
C:\users\usernam\program files (x86)\XBMC\*
Also when to %appdata%\roaming\xbmc\addons* this also means that I look must places could not find meaning all directiories and foldres that I can think of to no avail.

In case It matters this is the configuration of my laptop
Win 7 sp1 64 bits
I7Intel 820Qm
16 gb’s ram
Dual Intel x25 160gb’s raid 0
HP Envy beats limited edition

Thanks in advance for any help,
Pgeek: have you tried pressing tab to make it full screen? I have never used the skin. It seems to be an issue there if it isn't starting full screen.
Hi I installed Hulu on my Apple Tv 2 4.4.4 untherered. but It will play a commercial then exit. It also asks you to select quality but it is just a blank box. I live in Canada and wonder if this is the reason it won't work.

thanks
correct It will not work in canada. You would need a vpn or something similar.
Quote:Hi I installed Hulu on my Apple Tv 2 4.4.4 untherered. but It will play a commercial then exit. It also asks you to select quality but it is just a blank box. I live in Canada and wonder if this is the reason it won't work.

thanks

Hulu will actually work as I got it to work. What I did was when I got the exact error and stupid commercials was go to settings in Hulu or configuration and I believe I changed two settings. One commercials set to 0 instead of two and second ask video quality. Try different ones out and which works.

If it still doesn't work because I too live in canada try getting a VPN or somehow disgusting your ip address so it's American but I believe with apple tv when you do it the zip way it's not necessary. If you were to use the server upnp then you would.

Am I right ?
BlueCop Wrote:this isnt needed for the eden betas. they included an updated library.

Just as an FYI, as stated earlier in the thread, I updated to the latest Eden Nightly to resolve the problem. Doing so did not fix the problem, and the actions performed my last post were necessary for the Hulu plugin to work properly. I am assuming it did not include the updated library.

This may not be the case with other users, or with the official betas. User experience may vary. No guarantees implied. Batteries not included.
Not to sidetrack the thread too much. but...

Is there documentation on how to install this, and other Bluecop, plugins properly?

I've given up on installing anything from the repo through the XBMC interface. I'm actually quite surprised at the inconsistencies getting this to work across differing home computers (ie - not AppleTV).

Shouldn't people at the same installed XBMC version, regardless of platform, have the same Hulu plugin install methods, results, within hardware limits (gpus, cpus, ram, etc.), at getting this to at least work despite performance?

Anywho...

I've downloaded the latest plugins from the bluecop svn repo, and simply transferred the "plugins.video.hulu", "plugins.video.cbs", and "plugins.video.nbc.universal" folders to my XBMC plugins directory. Hulu shows in the menu. It can be navigated, but won't play with the default settings. The CBS, and NBC, plugins don't even show in the XBMC Videos->Addons menu.

Before I go any further, I need to know two things.

- Do I need to transfer in addition to the above any of the scripts from the Bluecop svn repo?
- Is there a common, consistent across platforms, way to install plugins from this repo?

Once I know that I didn't install it incorrectly, I can start to troubleshoot playback issues.
peebs Wrote:Just as an FYI, as stated earlier in the thread, I updated to the latest Eden Nightly to resolve the problem. Doing so did not fix the problem, and the actions performed my last post were necessary for the Hulu plugin to work properly. I am assuming it did not include the updated library.

This may not be the case with other users, or with the official betas. User experience may vary. No guarantees implied. Batteries not included.

STOP POSTING WITHOUT LOGS!!!!!!

if you want to complain go somewhere else. No one cares because you aren't helping anyone.

I REPEAT DO NOT POST HERE ABOUT A PROBLEM UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING POST A DEBUG LOG.

DON'T RESPOND TO THIS. POST A LOG OR SHUT UP.

All cdns work with the patch from this post. I guess you missed it when you were insulting me.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=999...tcount=850

NobodyHere: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

That covers how to install repositories

You can then install them from there. Post a log to pastebin of any problems and I can help fix them.
Hey BlueCop, I just wanted to say thanks. This and the other repos you've created make XBMC much more enjoyable. With as fast as things change, I understand that it's hard to keep everything updated. After the last few pages, I thought you needed a little appreciation and respect. There's a reason we don't all have our own repos, and people should realize how much work you freely put into this stuff.
there is another very happy bunny here too Big Grin

thanks blue cop Wink
BlueCop Wrote:STOP POSTING WITHOUT LOGS!!!!!!

if you want to complain go somewhere else. No one cares because you aren't helping anyone.

I REPEAT DO NOT POST HERE ABOUT A PROBLEM UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING POST A DEBUG LOG.

DON'T RESPOND TO THIS. POST A LOG OR SHUT UP.

All cdns work with the patch from this post. I guess you missed it when you were insulting me.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=999...tcount=850

NobodyHere: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

That covers how to install repositories

You can then install them from there. Post a log to pastebin of any problems and I can help fix them.

...what the hell is wrong with you?

I'm informing and helping people, not complaining, and I didn't post logs, because they're entirely irrelevant, as I'm not asking for support.

If you had actually taken the time to read my posts, we'd all be on the same page. Everything is working now, as I had stated previously, and I posted the process that got me to that point.

That helps people.

Screaming at people, and acting like an insolent child doesn't help anyone, and there's no excuse for it.
You do not know what is relevant.

If you posted Logs before then we would know exactly what your problem was immediately. Otherwise we have no idea. We can only guess and speculate.

We need logs to know for certain. That is why they are important. You have to know exactly what the problem is to be able to fix it.

Do you get it now?

Your post about how that something isn't enough for your problem is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT because we never knew the problem.
Bluecop how would I go about posting a log on my apple tv? I am clueless. Also what would the log show and how could I look at it and know the problem

Also you said above
Quote:All cdns work with the patch from this post. I guess you missed it when you were insulting me.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=850

Ok I am a Canadian. How would I go about doing this patch? Could you or someone be able to give me directions not just sending me to a page I don't understand...
BlueCop Wrote:You do not know what is relevant.

If you posted Logs before then we would know exactly what your problem was immediately. Otherwise we have no idea. We can only guess and speculate.

We need logs to know for certain. That is why they are important. You have to know exactly what the problem is to be able to fix it.

Do you get it now?

Your post about how that something isn't enough for your problem is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT because we never knew the problem.

Oh, cool. So are we bros again? Because I'd really like to be bros again.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin1