• 6(current)
Realan E-I5 A6-3500 build
(2012-07-30, 21:19)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 20:33)Zenith Wrote: Look at this just popped out. Is the other 3d build...nearly impossible to find ( sold only in Japan)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137183

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Brand-New-Mini-IT...4168bde4cb

I saw this... and that case is looking so good.. i am so willing to ditch my E-i5 build for this case if it was available.. lol

If Dougie Fresh imports this... oh man.... oh man...

Ditch your E-i5? No Wink

I really like the look but I don't like that's it plastic. I'd be more likely to get the Realan E-Q8 which looks similar but is made from aluminum. That's just me though -- I am a small aluminum chassis freak Smile.

But, yeah, I meant the PCCooler S85 Smile.
Ok, inquiry in with the manufacturer for the plastic case shown here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137183. I'll let you know what I hear Smile.
Oh it's plastic? awwwwww im not a big fan of plastic either.. lol

nvm. E-i5 it is hehe
I get asked about that little plastic mini-itx case a lot so I am motivated to finally look into it Smile
I bought basically the same setup, but different RAM and I'm using an OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD. I haven't even installed the OS yet and I looked in the BIOS and it shows the CPU at 55C. Any ideas? Should I change the CPU fan to something else? It is set to Automatic and to 45C and Level 9 for fan speed.
(2012-08-01, 04:24)Breakingcustom Wrote: I bought basically the same setup, but different RAM and I'm using an OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD. I haven't even installed the OS yet and I looked in the BIOS and it shows the CPU at 55C. Any ideas? Should I change the CPU fan to something else? It is set to Automatic and to 45C and Level 9 for fan speed.

I actually have the same problem. In Bios it goes up to 50. I think it's because without drivers apu don't run optimized. After I installed windows and drivers, the temp doesn't really go above 35 under windows.

But when I go into bios it still goes over like 50
In bios mode there is no power saving/ cpu throttling feature that is managed by the OS. Cpu runs at max speed max voltage.
Load the OS and check again.
If anyone is interested in any of these cases, i have a few in stock. PM me
(2012-08-01, 05:39)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 04:24)Breakingcustom Wrote: I bought basically the same setup, but different RAM and I'm using an OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD. I haven't even installed the OS yet and I looked in the BIOS and it shows the CPU at 55C. Any ideas? Should I change the CPU fan to something else? It is set to Automatic and to 45C and Level 9 for fan speed.

I actually have the same problem. In Bios it goes up to 50. I think it's because without drivers apu don't run optimized. After I installed windows and drivers, the temp doesn't really go above 35 under windows.

But when I go into bios it still goes over like 50

What were you using to gauge the temps in Windows? I was using HWMonitor and it was showing 49-50C. I bought some new thermal paste since the stuff I used was old and I think I put a little too much on. So I'm going to redo the heatsink once it comes in. What I really hope is Ecosmartpc has plugs to cover the 4 back holes I don't have any need for the SATA and external power although I thought about putting my SSD in an external case and leaving it outside of the case to see if that helped with temps.
i really wouldnt worry about the apu being 50 deg. Well within specs. I have one of my servers with a passive cooler on running 24/7 at around 65 deg.
(2012-08-01, 14:10)Breakingcustom Wrote: What were you using to gauge the temps in Windows? I was using HWMonitor and it was showing 49-50C. I bought some new thermal paste since the stuff I used was old and I think I put a little too much on. So I'm going to redo the heatsink once it comes in. What I really hope is Ecosmartpc has plugs to cover the 4 back holes I don't have any need for the SATA and external power although I thought about putting my SSD in an external case and leaving it outside of the case to see if that helped with temps.

I used HWMonitor.
50C is an excellent temperature for a small PC case like the E-i5. If you were seeing 80C that would be something else. Those temperatures are perfectly within operating range.

Of cool, small and quiet you can have 2 of the 3 and the goal is small and quiet which means "warm" but not "hot".

The manufacturer doesn't provide any plugs for the hole in the back of the case (the 2 COM ports, SATA and molex). Pretty much all their cases have these ports in the back (usually the DB9 ports would be used in signage or other industrial applications). Since the CPU fan draws air down and out, they will not affect the airflow of the case -- the flow will be from the top vent and those ports down and through the side vents. That said, I'll have a look around and see if someone at least makes DB9 covers that might fit at least the empty COM ports.
(2012-08-01, 15:23)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 14:10)Breakingcustom Wrote: What were you using to gauge the temps in Windows? I was using HWMonitor and it was showing 49-50C. I bought some new thermal paste since the stuff I used was old and I think I put a little too much on. So I'm going to redo the heatsink once it comes in. What I really hope is Ecosmartpc has plugs to cover the 4 back holes I don't have any need for the SATA and external power although I thought about putting my SSD in an external case and leaving it outside of the case to see if that helped with temps.

I used HWMonitor.

Yeah, mine was showing 48-50 last night after Windows was installed. I just updated the BIOS to the latest. What do you have your fan settings set at in the BIOS?
(2012-08-01, 18:26)Breakingcustom Wrote: Yeah, mine was showing 48-50 last night after Windows was installed. I just updated the BIOS to the latest. What do you have your fan settings set at in the BIOS?

My setup is Automatic, Level 1, and Temp 50
(2012-08-01, 22:42)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 18:26)Breakingcustom Wrote: Yeah, mine was showing 48-50 last night after Windows was installed. I just updated the BIOS to the latest. What do you have your fan settings set at in the BIOS?

My setup is Automatic, Level 1, and Temp 50

Same for me and never a problem. I was initially hesitant to back the fan speed down to 1,..but beer talked me into it,..and I'm very happy with the performance of the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100).
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realan E-I5 A6-3500 build0