• 6(current)
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI
(2015-10-17, 14:40)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 13:32)salitre Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 22:26)sidvicio Wrote: Thank you for the plugin.
I am testing and works. I will try play a video bigger than 9 GB to test.
Thank you very much.

Works with big files? For me not Sad

Yes, it works for me when I test 14.5GB mkv.

Then I don't undestand why for me not... any ideas? I have an avi file of 5gb and neither...
(2015-10-17, 15:31)salitre Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 14:40)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 13:32)salitre Wrote: Works with big files? For me not Sad

Yes, it works for me when I test 14.5GB mkv.

Then I don't undestand why for me not... any ideas? I have an avi file of 5gb and neither...

I have to figure out how to enable shared linkes so that you could share the link with me to test, but it doesn't look like the Amazon Cloud Drive API supports it.
Hey dmd, I've noticed one other issue with this add-on, but no one else seems to be having it so I recognize that it may be an issue with just my setup.

Anyway, the issue I'm having is that if I log in to my account with the add-on, everything works fine for a while. But after some time passes (usually, when the machine is sitting idle), it's like the add-on loses the connection to my cloud drive. When this happens, if I try to play a movie or TV show from within my Kodi library, I get an error that says "Can't find a next item to play". I can resolve this by opening the add-on and then logging into my account. Simply doing this re-establishes the connection and I can play movies and shows again. Occasionally, it will even lose the connection while I'm in the middle of a movie and stops playback suddenly. The same process of logging into my account fixes this as well.

It's only a minor issue, but is there anything in the add-on itself that would account for this behavior, or is it more likely to be an issue with some other link in the chain (kodi install, computer, network, ISP, Amazon etc.)?
(2015-10-17, 19:48)deceptijon Wrote: Hey dmd, I've noticed one other issue with this add-on, but no one else seems to be having it so I recognize that it may be an issue with just my setup.

Anyway, the issue I'm having is that if I log in to my account with the add-on, everything works fine for a while. But after some time passes (usually, when the machine is sitting idle), it's like the add-on loses the connection to my cloud drive. When this happens, if I try to play a movie or TV show from within my Kodi library, I get an error that says "Can't find a next item to play". I can resolve this by opening the add-on and then logging into my account. Simply doing this re-establishes the connection and I can play movies and shows again. Occasionally, it will even lose the connection while I'm in the middle of a movie and stops playback suddenly. The same process of logging into my account fixes this as well.

It's only a minor issue, but is there anything in the add-on itself that would account for this behavior, or is it more likely to be an issue with some other link in the chain (kodi install, computer, network, ISP, Amazon etc.)?

How are you adding the content to your library, through Save to STRM? It should be fetching a new token if during kick off of the stream the token is deemed expired.. I have a pretty good idea why it may not be doing it, and if my hunch is right, it is easy to fix. If my hunch is right, expect a fix tonight.
(2015-10-17, 22:07)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 19:48)deceptijon Wrote: Hey dmd, I've noticed one other issue with this add-on, but no one else seems to be having it so I recognize that it may be an issue with just my setup.

How are you adding the content to your library, through Save to STRM? It should be fetching a new token if during kick off of the stream the token is deemed expired.. I have a pretty good idea why it may not be doing it, and if my hunch is right, it is easy to fix. If my hunch is right, expect a fix tonight.

That's correct. I use the Save to STRM feature and then set the folder where the STRMs are saved as the source for my Kodi library. If it turns out to be an easy fix, that would be awesome as it would remove the only remaining issue I'm having with the add-on. Works perfectly in all other aspects!
(2015-10-18, 02:24)deceptijon Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 22:07)dmdsoftware Wrote:

That's correct. I use the Save to STRM feature and then set the folder where the STRMs are saved as the source for my Kodi library. If it turns out to be an easy fix, that would be awesome as it would remove the only remaining issue I'm having with the add-on. Works perfectly in all other aspects!

I believe 0.1.5 will take care of this problem.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.1.5.zip

Version 0.1.5
- fix: token timeout with playback via STRM
I can't create STRM's , it shows up "register error" Sad.
(2015-10-18, 21:09)salitre Wrote: I can't create STRM's , it shows up "register error" Sad.

What country is your amazon cloud drive registered with?

Are you right-click, save STRM on a file or folder?
(2015-10-18, 21:09)salitre Wrote: I can't create STRM's , it shows up "register error" Sad.

I PMed you about your other issue, to test, please get back to me when you have a min.
Some people report issues with large files. It is probably not necessarily the fact the file is big, but the way it is coded. People have PMed 5GB (AVI) links that won't playback but 15GB (MKV) links do playback.

There might be some tricks around those files that don't play that can be done (pre-caching more of the file etc), but further digging will need to be done.

This is where Google Drive is more handy with it's breadth of trancoding.
The add-on stopped working? Or is just me?
Problems again with Amazon? Downloading is like 30KB/s...
Tested just now, working for me.

I noticed earlier this afternoon when trying to sync files across on a VPS server, it couldn't resolve Amazon.com. Assumed it was a server DNS problem, didn't have time to check further. Perhaps they suffered some issues today?
I have been testing Amazon Cloud Drive and yesterday I made so many connections they limited me. All fine now.

I'm testing a Windows App called Netdrive and found this similarity. Watching mkv x264 files.

Your Add-on has no problem. Amazon has Sad How can we surpass this?
(2015-10-23, 18:15)tim4k Wrote: I have been testing Amazon Cloud Drive and yesterday I made so many connections they limited me. All fine now.

I'm testing a Windows App called Netdrive and found this similarity. Watching mkv x264 files.

Your Add-on has no problem. Amazon has Sad How can we surpass this?

All videos are not made equally Smile Some people have shared with me a 5GB that won't playback -- btw, I'm testing out that feature to playback shared files, etc. Amazon account has no way of linking in shares, so I have something under the works to assist users.

I've got a 15.4GB MKV that playsback just fine. I've shared it with a user who was having problems with that 5GB file, and it played back for them as well (without sound as it looks like they don't have the required codec).

I believe the key issue is caching. Some videos are going to need more information downloaded before the video can start, and KODI is returning an error before that can actually happen. One way around this that has worked for other plugins is to bypass KODI and download the file (disk cache mode). But you need the space to accommodate this, and if you run out of content, the video stops (although you can resume it).

There are so many kinds of video containers and codecs, and some stream better than others. That's why a lot of streaming services transcode and playback a stream-friendly version. Google Drive is best for this as they reuse their YouTube API for this. OneDrive transcoding is horrible (horrible quality) and the streams are not KODI-friendly. Amazon doesn't have any for content > 20 min. Google Drive plays back nearly anything, and that is why I end up spending most of my time there Smile

In November I'll be offering beta testing of a new free service to allow Amazon Cloud Drive users free trancoding service (provide my service access to the video and it will either provide you transcoded versions or upload them directly into your Amazon Cloud account). Even then, it only be instantaneous.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Amazon Cloud Drive for KODI7