• 6(current)
Video playback drops back to menu after 30 seconds (approx)
calvinf Wrote:Did both of you have the problem before? What do your debug logs say?

I had this problem before SVN 16103 and was hopeful that it would fix it, but it didn't. I don't have debug logs right now, but hopefully I can try to get it tonight.

The weird thing is I have XBMC on a separate build (I have 2 HTPC machines) that had the same problem previously. Both builds are Vista32SP1. One of them streams the file fine, while the other has this problem.

The working one, that had this issue before, the only thing I changed was install VLC and gave it a static internal network IP. It also has an Nvidia video card.

The problem machine won't play the file over wireless, wireless bridge, or wired. I tried the exact same steps, but no joy. This one has an ATI video card.

So I am not entirely sure what the problem is, but can try to get debug logs if that will help.

In the meantime, using MCE has really got me bummed out! :p
OK, so I tried it out again this evening and indeed the problem is still there - sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

Have no idea why it didn't happen last night - the only difference was that I'd used the PC for some web browsing for around an hour before testing XBMC, tried the usual file a couple of times, then one or two over SMB and presumed it was fixed.

So I reapplied the old workaround (replaced xbmc.exe and added the .diff file) and it's all working again and plays through at least a minute with no issues. I have no idea whether I'll experience any side effects of running the latest SVN with that patch of an older SVN version or not though.

ilikecl, have you tried the workaround? I know how frustrating MCE is and refuse to use it myself!

jmarshall, grateful if you could let us know how to get hold of the updated workaround? - afraid I don't really know the difference between 8.1 and linuxport branches and what that means for future releases...?
Vista Home Premium, Core2Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M GT, 2GB RAM
He already mentioned that he put it in the 8.10 branch.. Not in the linuxport branch.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:He already mentioned that he put it in the 8.10 branch.. Not in the linuxport branch.

Understand that, but I don't really have a grasp of what the difference is (I thought that linuxport was the basis for all versions, including Windows?)...

What confused me was jmarshall's note on TRAC that it had gone in prior to SVN 1603, hence I assumed that SVN 1603 would contain the workaround, since it's essentially an early build of the next release?

From your comments, I'm guessing that the SVN 1603 downloaded from the other thread is not based on branch 8.10, but the next release will be? So is what RickDeckard's last post said the case?

Apologies, as I clearly don't know how everything fits together and am sure there are others reading this forum that would benefit from a better understanding too.

Final question - have any devs been able to glean anything from the logs posted in this thread? if not, how can we help to move this forward by providing info to get to the root cause? I really would like to help get this resolved instead of installing XP, as for anyone experiencing this XBMC is not usable...
Vista Home Premium, Core2Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M GT, 2GB RAM
calvinf Wrote:ilikecl, have you tried the workaround? I know how frustrating MCE is and refuse to use it myself!

I have not tried the workaround with SVN 1603 yet, but I tried it with an earlier release and still had the same problem.

I will try the workaround with SVN 1603 tonight and report back. Thanks!
A new branch was recently created for 8.10. The change jmarshal did went into that branch and not linuxport branch. Not sure how much clearer that can be...

You would need to checkout that new branch to have it.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ilikecl Wrote:I have not tried the workaround with SVN 1603 yet, but I tried it with an earlier release and still had the same problem.

I will try the workaround with SVN 1603 tonight and report back. Thanks!

Still didn't work with the workaround from jmarshall. Here's my logs attached. Hopefully someone can make heads or tails of it!

Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/m6d4c745b
Two points:

1. That's not current SVN (built oct 20 according to your log).
2. This is not the issue that I addressed. Yours is dereferencing a NULL pointer - quite a different scenario. Possibly reproducible based on the video - I don't know.

jmarshall Wrote:Two points:

1. That's not current SVN (built oct 20 according to your log).
2. This is not the issue that I addressed. Yours is dereferencing a NULL pointer - quite a different scenario. Possibly reproducible based on the video - I don't know.

Hi jmarshall,

That log was from the workaround exe that was posted here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4520

I also tried SVN 16103 from here, but don't have a log: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452&page=13

Neither fixed the issue. Are these the right files I should be trying with?

Thanks!
As I said, it's no surprise it didn't fix your issue, as your issue is something entirely different. You need to get it reproducible, then find out WHY it's happening (is it dependent on the video? Is it dependent on what you do when you play the video etc. etc.)

jmarshall Wrote:As I said, it's no surprise it didn't fix your issue, as your issue is something entirely different. You need to get it reproducible, then find out WHY it's happening (is it dependent on the video? Is it dependent on what you do when you play the video etc. etc.)

It happens with every video I try to play, regardless of the format. It is reproducible, happens every time without fail. It happens on clean installs as well. I do not do anything particular before playing the video. Happens in both file and library mode.
Here is a build from the 8.10_Atlantis-linux-osx-win32 branch. It's my first build from source ever, but for me it works.

XBMCSetup-Rev16102.exe
And here is an actual svn build from the main tree with added workaround from jmarshall (link).

XBMCSetup-Rev16136.exe
I am also experiencing this issue. Vista Ultimate 64bit. Please let me know what i can do to help.
If someone interested, there are newer builds in my MediaFire folder (look at my signature). All build with jmarshall's workaround Smile.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback drops back to menu after 30 seconds (approx)0