• 60(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Hello,

I'm experiencing some tearing at the bottom of the screen only. I'm not sure if this is really tearing, because it appears only at the bottom. Well, it looks like normal tearing and appears only when there's lots of motion.

I've enabled VSync in renderersettings.xml and XMBC's settings (guisettings.xml). If I disable either one, the whole picture gets teared. I've also enabled all the flushes in the renderer settings. This is the way I've set the renderer settings in MPCHC and it works very well.

Using Win7, r31520, the MPC codecs and some 720p video. I'm yet to test this with 1080p videos.

Oh, btw, people getting juddery playback with A/V sync, disable desktop composition using the DisableDesktopComposition setting. Took me a while to find this out Smile
Maybe somebody here can help me. I've been working at this for a few hours now with no luck.

I'm trying to set up profiles in ffdshow settings. I want nothing but resizing to 1920x1080 done to my hd resolution movies (1280 and 1920-profile name HD), and the full processing selections done to everything else (profile name-nonHD. No matter what conditions I set up, it just loads whichever one is alphabetically first. So, using my above profile names, it always loads the HD profile. If I change the names to 01 nonhd and 02 hd, it always loads the nonhd profile.

My nonhd files are a mix of avi and mkv, and all my hd are mkv, so filename match won't work. And I can't seem to figure out how to set it so that it looks at the resolution and loads the hd file if width is 1280 or 1920, and loads the nonhd for anything else.

Can anyone help me out here?

Edit: And of course right after I posted, I figured it out. Ignore me now
i mean that i will render exactly like windows does with out using the xml?
the reason is that it will be easier for a lot of user because than they will be able to use programs like shark007 to decide build there own decoding graph
When i activate webserver, xbmc crashed. Same problem on Win7-32 and 64bit. I use r31520. How can i start the webserver?
Wulfman Wrote:When i activate webserver, xbmc crashed. Same problem on Win7-32 and 64bit. I use r31520. How can i start the webserver?

I had the same issue. I read on the trac site that an uninstall and reinstallation would take care of it...it doesn't.

I was able to resolve this though by running XBMC in XP SP3 compatability mode. I already had it set to run as administrator, but for some reason with this build I need to run as XP SP3.

As an FYI, I am running Windows 7 x64. Build is same...R31520

Also, one thing I did notice was that in the newer builds of Dharma it seems as though the webserver has its own directory under XBMC directory. I looked at the files and can only assume that one of those DLL's is causing an issue in Windows 7.

Anyways, I hope that works for you.

peeklay
Jani Wrote:Hello,

I'm experiencing some tearing at the bottom of the screen only. I'm not sure if this is really tearing, because it appears only at the bottom. Well, it looks like normal tearing and appears only when there's lots of motion.

I've enabled VSync in renderersettings.xml and XBMC's settings (guisettings.xml). If I disable either one, the whole picture gets teared. I've also enabled all the flushes in the renderer settings. This is the way I've set the renderer settings in MPCHC and it works very well.

Using Win7, r31520, the MPC codecs and some 720p video. I'm yet to test this with 1080p videos.

Oh, btw, people getting juddery playback with A/V sync, disable desktop composition using the DisableDesktopComposition setting. Took me a while to find this out Smile
I did some further tests with r32558. Both 720p and 1080p videos tear at about 20px. This tearing happens with both, MPC and FFDShow DXVA decoders. I'm using ATI HD4800 Series graphics card with 10.5 CCC. DXVA Compatibility is set to skip all checks. Any ideas, anyone? MPCHC is fine with the same settings. I guess I'll try updating my graphics card drivers tomorrow.
I hate to ask such a noobish questions, but I really cannot tell from either the monster threads or the WIKI, what is the correct location and name of the filters & medias config files?

I ask because in this thread there have been many references to dsfiltersconfig.xml.

Is this filename correct & current, or are people referencing the filtersconfig.xml file configured for the dsplayer? Is there a matching dsmediasconfig.xml file?

Second:
The location specified for filtersconfig.xml, and mediasconfig.xml file is typically given as system/players/dsplayer. I am assuming this is in the c:\Programs\XBMC\... directory.

I am assuming that references to app data\... are telling me to go to c:\Documents & Settings\[user] ... Application Data\...
lhwidget Wrote:I hate to ask such a noobish questions, but I really cannot tell from either the monster threads or the WIKI, what is the correct location and name of the filters & medias config files?

I ask because in this thread there have been many references to dsfiltersconfig.xml.

Is this filename correct & current, or are people referencing the filtersconfig.xml file configured for the dsplayer? Is there a matching dsmediasconfig.xml file?

Second:
The location specified for filtersconfig.xml, and mediasconfig.xml file is typically given as system/players/dsplayer. I am assuming this is in the c:\Programs\XBMC\... directory.

I am assuming that references to app data\... are telling me to go to c:\Documents & Settings\[user] ... Application Data\...

There is no more dsfiltersconfig.xml. That file was splitted in two, filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml.

You're right for you second point. You can store the xml file either in system/.. or in your userdate folder.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
blinkseb Wrote:There is no more dsfiltersconfig.xml. That file was splitted in two, filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml.

You're right for you second point. You can store the xml file either in system/.. or in your userdate folder.

See, I am not insane, you did it again, \userdata exists in both c:\Program Files\XBMC and in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\XBMC\ Smile

Thanks Seb, I'm pretty sure I understand. It seems like userdata usually referrs to the c:\Docs & Settings\ ... \userdata directory. Thanks again
lhwidget Wrote:See, I am not insane, you did it again, \userdata exists in both c:\Program Files\XBMC and in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\XBMC\ Smile

Thanks Seb, I'm pretty sure I understand. It seems like userdata usually referrs to the c:\Docs & Settings\ ... \userdata directory. Thanks again

Yep, but it depends how you use XBMC. In portable mode, UserData is in the root folder of xbmc (c:\Program Files\...), but, in shared installation (by default), it's in AppData (C:\Documents and Settings... or in Wn7 C:\Users\...)

Typically, you need to put your file in the second UserData, unless you start xbmc with the '-p' parameter (portable)
Hey tiben/seb,

Does dsplayer support .sup subtitles yet?

Thanks
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey tiben/seb,

Does dsplayer support .sup subtitles yet?

Thanks

Try & see Wink But if it's not supported by mpc-hc or only supported a few weeks ago, chances are probably null.
I already had, on 2 machines! Problem is i'm sure it worked on one and not the other!! Or maybe not... it may have been the trunk that it worked in. I'm having one of those days! Eek

I'll check again later.

Thanks seb.
Hey guys,

I'm having troubles setting dsplayer as the default player. I did what the wiki suggested, creating the advancedsettings.xml and adding the line of code yet whenever I start a movie, it loads with DVDPlayer.

I'm using Windows XP, and I put it in C:\Documents and Settings\data\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

That is the correct place right, not directly in the XBMC folder?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0