• 61(current)
CCM for Helix
(2015-02-23, 22:55)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 20:44)wpbpete Wrote: hey,

I can't seem to get to the Home button from any of the screens, it just keeps opening the slide menu.

Wrong Skin Big Grin Convergence or Hybrid can do that or I could put it in when I get the chance.

Or, I can just keep hitting the back button Rofl No worries brother, thank you for all that you've done Smile
(2015-02-24, 00:41)Manicfof Wrote: I notice that there is radio tab on the skin. Im assuming this to set up live radio streams like the live tv option. I set up my live tv but cant figure out how to set up the radio. I download a list of radio streams from California that i would like to add on there but dont know how. All the stations i have all end with .strm. Can you please give me a hand?

The Radio tab is for on-air Radio stations, If you want to add a .strm file then you must use the "Streaming" If you choose "Streaming Media" in the add menu item options - you should be able to browse to your file and select it.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2015-02-23, 22:55)Mudislander Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 20:44)wpbpete Wrote: hey,

I can't seem to get to the Home button from any of the screens, it just keeps opening the slide menu.

Wrong Skin Big Grin Convergence or Hybrid can do that or I could put it in when I get the chance.

Yes, please add this. I think it is an essential part of CCM and actually I thought all these basic features of the old CCM were carried over to CCM for Helix? Should we now be using a different skin to get the equivalent old features in Helix? Maybe I'm a little confused... Blush Huh
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
It was the plan to port everything over, but with a new crowd of users, some stuff has gone by the wayside and new things introduced. I've no problem in bringing stuff like the "Home" and "Back" buttons into CCM-Helix. Although trying to adhere more to the "True to Confluence" statement with CCM than I used to.

Newest features will be going into "Convergence" first as she is my favourite ATM as I'm able to move a bit further from default Confluence and closer to Hybrid type views which I prefer. so which skin to use is up to you.

Ok thanks, but isn't Convergence a vertical menu? And Hybrid for Helix still only at WIP status?

Maybe it just happened like that, but it would seem that for continuity's sake it would make sense if CCM for Helix continued in the tradition of previous CCMs, and Convergence and Hybrid continued to be the platforms for new and 'different' features?

For me at the moment there seems to be almost no options to upgrade Confused and continue with a similar feature set. CCM for Helix hasn't yet had the basic old features added, Convergence is a vertical menu, and Hybrid for Helix isn't fully formed yet.

Or am I confused still?

Anyway, my 2 cents and all that... No offense intended Angel
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
PS: part of my reason for enjoying the previous version of CCM so much is that it was one of the only skins that could be used across multiple OS platforms/devices, as well as with both a remote or a touchscreen. This is enormously beneficial for those of us with multiple different devices who like to have the same skin everywhere.
Convergence has a vertical or horizontal menu, but does utilise the same panel for addons and widgets so ATM only one or the other shows.

I'm quite willing to bring across the old CCM features to the Helix version, but only if someone wants them and of course that we can line them up with Confluence eg: the floor buttons are from Confluence, just work differently - so no probs there.

I see what you're saying, but from my side CCM was getting a bit stifling with some users not wanting something's to change too far from Confluence - so therefore the revival of Convergence, I spend a wack of hours doing this MOD and if I can't keep myself satisfied then at the end of the day - there's no point in doing it. I'm not there yet and no threats but it is a fact.

Yes, i understand, this is what I was wondering too, because now it seems you will have 3 skins to maintain again and I know its always a lot of hours that you put into this for us all.

Lets see how everything plays out I guess. I'm in no special hurry to upgrade to Helix, but by the same token I'm also reluctant to upgrade until I can also use a skin that is mostly similar to what I'm using now so that not too much disruption is caused. I guess that is one downside to having multiple devices and multiple users. This also prevents me from helping out here in any meaningful way too.

But thanks anyway for all your work Smile

PS: Ill look more into Convergence again if it has a horizontal menu too, and it now has more of the feature set of 'old' CCM. Maybe its the better direction for my purposes?
The three are really similar underneath (on purpose) the bigger differences are in the Home Screen Wink

WOW. thanks alot. it was just that easy. hahaha. Disabled those on the menu options instead of looking into them.. Ok so the radio options is for on air radio stations? How do i go about setting that up? theres a search option but nothing comes up.
Well its a toss up between CCM and Hybrid for me, I think Hybrid just about pips it, but this time tomorrow that will change im sure Wink
both are brilliant and the effort you put in appreciated, rest assured, once my paypal balance is back up from some sales on ebay, ill be donating, its least I can do

I do have one question if I may, and its possibly not even skin related other than im trying to add, using favorites, my own menus

Under movies I have managed, using favs and playlists, to add a menu called "random" which when selected will just play 1 of my films in the library

However im trying to do something similar for TV and combine it with suggested episodes

Suggested episodes list the next episode I have to watch of each show I have in progress (currently 12 shows)
What id like is to be able to create a "random suggested" option, that id select, like my random movie, which would just play the next episode of a random show in progress

Is this possible ? and how ?
Nevermind, Figured it out. Love this skin.
Got my Hybrid back! Yippie!
Still has alignment issues - let me know when you find them eg: thumbnail view.

Still looking very nice Mudislander! Any chance of certification ratings (G, PG, M etc) for Movies being added soon?

I'd also like to be able to breakdown my TV collection into seasons for various shows, eg 'Star Trek' ->'Season 1 -> ep1, ep2,' etc is this possible? It would make browsing through my collection a lot easier!

If it is can someone point me in the direction of how to do it please?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM for Helix11