• 62(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
(2016-02-23, 09:32)fritsch Wrote: You look for intel: Include [env] 858f6461: xf86-video-intel: bump to 371219c

Thank you. How often do they generally update the driver? It seems the current one was first included Jan 9th.
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver...intel/log/ <- sometimes daily, but I only update if it's needed.

Btw. most of the black screen issues are gone with kernel 4.5-rc5 :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-23, 09:45)fritsch Wrote: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver...intel/log/ <- sometimes daily, but I only update if it's needed.

That would be fantastic. I'll be keeping an eye open for a build including 4.5 then.

One last question (for now)... If I may... Last time I tried a Kodi 17 test build I had no IR control. That's always just worked with OE and my Mac Mini IR receiver, any thoughts on what I might need to do to get that working again on these builds.
No Debug Log no issue and nothing to solve :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-23, 09:52)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue and nothing to solve :-)

I figured Smile I'll get on that then when a 4.5 Kernel build is available. That will give me some things to test.
(2016-02-23, 09:54)VirtualRain Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 09:52)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue and nothing to solve :-)

I figured Smile I'll get on that then when a 4.5 Kernel build is available. That will give me some things to test.

Not really - as final OE 7.0 is aimed for 4.4 kernel ...
(2016-02-23, 10:29)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 09:54)VirtualRain Wrote:

Not really - as final OE 7.0 is aimed for 4.4 kernel ...

Ah... So refresh rate issues will persist for some time? That's a shame.

Edit, but OE7 will be Kodi 16... No? I'm waiting for a 17 test build with 4.5
We don't write kernel code ... as affected user No.1 it's a shame that you did not yet update your bugreport.
(2016-02-23, 09:45)fritsch Wrote: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver...intel/log/ <- sometimes daily, but I only update if it's needed.

How do you know? And what does mean "most"? Wink
(2016-02-23, 10:31)VirtualRain Wrote: Ah... So refresh rate issues will persist for some time? That's a shame.

Edit, but OE7 will be Kodi 16... No? I'm waiting for a 17 test build with 4.5

I'll update to 4.5 once all platforms are stable with it, this might be closer to 4.5 Final, so a few more weeks. In the meantime your problem could be fixed if you provide a debug log...

Note that these builds are more like OE8 (with Kodi 17) than OE7 (with Kodi 16). It's why they're referred to as "bleeding edge" builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello!

I've a very strange issue. Tried out 0207 thru 0221 with the same behaviour. When booting, OpenELEC randomly pulls one of two nvidia driver versions. If it pulls 352.79, everything's fine. Next time it's 304.131 pulled in, that isn't aware of my Nvidia 950 card, thus X does not start. It will take few reboots to get a right driver. Suggestions how to solve this are welcome. Thanks!
(2016-02-23, 14:15)kanyck Wrote: Hello!

I've a very strange issue. Tried out 0207 thru 0221 with the same behaviour. When booting, OpenELEC randomly pulls one of two nvidia driver versions. If it pulls 352.79, everything's fine. Next time it's 304.131 pulled in, that isn't aware of my Nvidia 950 card, thus X does not start. It will take few reboots to get a right driver. Suggestions how to solve this are welcome. Thanks!

Run the following and paste the results:

Code:
dmesg | paste
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | paste
lspci | paste
lspci -v | paste
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,
is it possible to upgrade from fritsch's devel-20160106165807-r21635-g66088ed to the newest milhouse build in this thread?

I have tested a lot of your builds to find one witch work with tv-headend and pvr.hts on a skylake architecture. The version above works for television but i have some bugs e.g my tv does not recognize the signal sometimes and so i have to restart the pc.
Yes you can upgrade. Whether it resolves your signal issue is another matter, there's a kernel bug that affects certain refresh rates - fritsch's latest build is based on 4.5-rc5 which might include some fixes.
(2016-02-23, 19:59)Milhouse Wrote: Yes you can upgrade. Whether it resolves your signal issue is another matter, there's a kernel bug that affects certain refresh rates - fritsch's latest build is based on 4.5-rc5 which might include some fixes.

Nope - I don't ship rc5, I just built manual kernels for Ubuntu.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4