• 67(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
new log
http://xbmclogs.com/psboqk0rr

been crazy like hell to get this work
at unraid forum they dont really helpl so guess im stuck
Ok, I decided to come back and try CV after giving up on it a couple months ago and going back to Cinema Experience, which is still hanging in there on Jarvis.

I uninstalled CV and the Launcher, then reinstalled both. Still get an error every time I try to launch it.

Log at http://pastebin.com/yVxivQcq
(2016-02-19, 23:38)Dave the Minion Wrote: I could do some write-ups but I'm not usually a great writer. MKV is just a container and doesn't affect file size or quality. All MKVToolNixGUI does is change the extension but does nothing to re-encode files at all. It does give you the ability to set options in the headers though for stereo field, audio stream, subtitles and things like that. It's almost the perfect container. The real issue is the lack of support from GPU manufactures for the HTPC market.

Doesn't really matter, sir. If you think of something that might be useful to someone, build out a guide for it. I can go through and clean it up as long as the steps are there and I half-way understand the process.

(2016-02-21, 19:18)Skank Wrote: new log

I really have no idea what's going on here, because we've got a few folks using unRAID without issue. It seems to be isolated to your unRAID configuration. I'm sorry those folks are being less than helpful, but you're not stuck necessarily. Have you thought about deploying a solution like FreeNAS instead of unRAID? The FreeNAS community is incredibly helpful and their support is very responsive. Not having an unRAID solution myself, it's really hard to help from our end. I feel like every time I try to help, we're just taking a shot in the dark which isn't actually helpful. I've also forwarded your log to our developer to see if he's got some ideas.

(2016-02-22, 00:12)jubilex Wrote: Ok, I decided to come back and try CV after giving up on it a couple months ago and going back to Cinema Experience, which is still hanging in there on Jarvis.

I uninstalled CV and the Launcher, then reinstalled both. Still get an error every time I try to launch it.

I've forwarded your log over to our developer and will let you know what's going on as soon as I know something useful.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2016-02-22, 23:54)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Doesn't really matter, sir. If you think of something that might be useful to someone, build out a guide for it. I can go through and clean it up as long as the steps are there and I half-way understand the process.

A guide would be pretty much what I wrote before. If you are able to follow along. Test it out youself even if you only have a 2D monitor. Use SBS material and set your Kodi 3D mode default to red/cyan and ignore all the naming conventions you know. It works. And it's awesome.

Well, you haven't really given us much info to go on.

Me and a bunch of others are using this with unraid with no issues.

All unraid does is, provide a samba network share that you can use on any other device

As long as that share is set up with the correct permissions (ie public write access, or if private, set up the passwords.xml file in kodi) it should just work
(2016-02-23, 00:25)aptalca Wrote:

All unraid does is, provide a samba network share that you can use on any other device

As long as that share is set up with the correct permissions (ie public write access, or if private, set up the passwords.xml file in kodi) it should just work

Just ask me what you want to know?
I've setup a share especially for cinemavision
I can write to it or read it, all the same...
anything in the log?
cause i dont see a sequence in there..
All folders are created by the addon bu tno sequence in it
i just get error... see log lol
(2016-02-23, 09:45)Skank Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 00:25)aptalca Wrote:

anything in the log?
Go into the sequence editor, create one and save it in that folder

I created one called basic and it saved a file basic.cvseq

Then in settings, select that file as the default sequence and also update contents
(2016-02-22, 23:54)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 00:12)jubilex Wrote: Ok, I decided to come back and try CV after giving up on it a couple months ago and going back to Cinema Experience, which is still hanging in there on Jarvis.

I've forwarded your log over to our developer and will let you know what's going on as soon as I know something useful.

Thanks!
Hey Scott, have you guys (or anyone) had any issues with CV causing a Raspberry Pi2 to hang and reboot constantly at various points in the sequence? Just went through 2 hours of troubleshooting while trying to make sure things were running smoothly as they had been, briefly, to no avale. After trying all sorts of settings tweaks I found the CPU temp to be kind of high so packed some ice on the little bugger dropping the temp to a cool 31C and the sequence worked perfect so we figured the Pi was just overheating and shutting down for protection. But then, nope, still the same random death. Monitoring the CPU usage showed the cores were barely taxed and the temp stayed down so I'm just lost.

What would you be looking for in a log that could signal the failure and need for a self reboot?
(2016-02-25, 16:44)Dave the Minion Wrote: Hey Scott, have you guys (or anyone) had any issues with CV causing a Raspberry Pi2 to hang and reboot constantly at various points in the sequence? Just went through 2 hours of troubleshooting while trying to make sure things were running smoothly as they had been, briefly, to no avale. After trying all sorts of settings tweaks I found the CPU temp to be kind of high so packed some ice on the little bugger dropping the temp to a cool 31C and the sequence worked perfect so we figured the Pi was just overheating and shutting down for protection. But then, nope, still the same random death. Monitoring the CPU usage showed the cores were barely taxed and the temp stayed down so I'm just lost.

What would you be looking for in a log that could signal the failure and need for a self reboot?

I have the RPi2 and it works perfectly fine. Do you have yours overclocked? If so, set it back to defaults and give it a try. Does it hang/reboot while doing other things outside of CV?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2016-02-25, 20:29)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I have the RPi2 and it works perfectly fine. Do you have yours overclocked? If so, set it back to defaults and give it a try. Does it hang/reboot while doing other things outside of CV?

The Pi is not overclocked. In fact sometimes after it self reboots it's clocked at 600 MHz for some reason.I thought it might need to be overclocked to fix the problem before.

There's always been issues with CV in 3D which I can only attribute to HDMI issues between the Pi, Onkyo reciever and the HDMI distance to the Panasonic projector. For the longest time playing back-to-back 3D movies without CV would result in the Pi hanging one of 2 different ways upon playing the second movie. I decided to put the GUI into 1080p 23.98fps SBS mode permanently and that seemed to fix the back-to-back playability because the Pi never changed playback resolutions and the projector only needed to change settings once when switching over to the Pi. That seemed to get CV running ok other than I had issues with CV not finding all the CV content over a network share CV folder. So I moved most of the CV content directly to the SD card in the Pi and remade the CV sequence directly on the Pi. That then seemed to be the fix.

Until the Pi started to hang and reboot itself for no apparent reason when running CV. It will do it at different points in the CV sequence seemingly at random. As previously mentioned I did some sluething and monitoring and thought perhaps it was overheating and safety shutting down. But even running 20 degrees cooler it was still hanging (after running perfect once making us think we'd solved it). So now I'm lost and frustrated.

The only thing this Pi is used for is 3D playback and most of the time it's with running CV. So if CV doesn't run it kills half the presentation. Everyone screams for logs, I know, but Pi logs tend to be huge and difficult to upload so I hope someone can tell me what to look for in the log to help me help them help me.

How is your system set-up? Just Pi to receiver to TV? Have you paid for the 2 codecs that don't seem to be talked about much for Pi users? Any special settings you've experimented with?

When CV works in 3D it's awesome. When the screen goes blank for 20 seconds followed by the Kodi logo....

I don't use the RPi2 for 3D. I use a 3D Blu-ray player to get full 1080p 3D. My setup is as follows:

MC: OpenELEC 6.01
Clock: Default
Control: Kore
Chain: RPi2 --> Receiver --> Projector
Refresh: 59.94 Hz
Library: All H264
MPEG2 License: No
VC1 License: No
CV Folder: On RPi2 16GB SD Card
CV Sequence Actions: Yes (Disable refresh upon start, enable refresh prior to feature)
CV Sequence Issues: None
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Thanks, but if you aren't using the Pi for 3D then it's not really possible to compare set-ups. The issue is playing CV on the Pi with 3D movies. Otherwise everything runs through the HTPC.
(2016-02-23, 11:02)aptalca Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 09:45)Skank Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 00:25)aptalca Wrote: Well, you haven't really given us much info to go on.

anything in the log?
Go into the sequence editor, create one and save it in that folder

I created one called basic and it saved a file basic.cvseq

Then in settings, select that file as the default sequence and also update contents

did that
heres the new log

http://xbmclogs.com/p9zuuaiuh
Hi all,

I've just made my donation on CinemaVision and now the webste page won't load (on 3 different PC). Do we have a problem with the website? I would really like to download from it.

Request Timeout
Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client.

or

the download window appear and the circle keeps turning forever without action

Thanks
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5