• 68(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
rasmuskarlsen Wrote:I cannot get this program to recognize any of my movies!?

I only have movie names like ex.

10000.BC.2008.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-hV

Can the program handle this!?

PS: I dont want to rename any of my movies!

It should be able to "handle" pretty much anything you throw at it, if your configuration is correct. First off, what do you mean by "recognize any of my movies"? It's not loading them in the list? Make sure you're adding the source(s) correctly and that the supported extensions list has the extensions for all your movies. Or do you mean that it's loading the files in the list, but it's not able to get results from the scrapers? If that's the case, either enable "Use Folder Name for Title" and/or "Use Title From Nfo"... if that's not applicable to your situation, you will need to add custom filters to clean the filenames to get proper movie titles. If all your movies are named just like the one you listed (<moviename>.year.otherjunk.ext) then you can add the following to the filters list (without quotes, and in this exact order):

"(\.\d\d\d\d.*?)$"
"(\.)[->] "

Note the space at the end of the second one. The first one will remove a period followed by 4 numbers and everything after it, and the second one will replace any remaining periods with spaces.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this will not rename your files, just filter the names when loading into the db. Also, be sure you rescan media after changing any of these settings.
nul7 Wrote:It should be able to "handle" pretty much anything you throw at it, if your configuration is correct. First off, what do you mean by "recognize any of my movies"? It's not loading them in the list? Make sure you're adding the source(s) correctly and that the supported extensions list has the extensions for all your movies. Or do you mean that it's loading the files in the list, but it's not able to get results from the scrapers? If that's the case, either enable "Use Folder Name for Title" and/or "Use Title From Nfo"... if that's not applicable to your situation, you will need to add custom filters to clean the filenames to get proper movie titles. If all your movies are named just like the one you listed (<moviename>.year.otherjunk.ext) then you can add the following to the filters list (without quotes, and in this exact order):

"(\.\d\d\d\d.*?)$"
"(\.)[->] "

Note the space at the end of the second one. The first one will remove a period followed by 4 numbers and everything after it, and the second one will replace any remaining periods with spaces.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this will not rename your files, just filter the names when loading into the db. Also, be sure you rescan media after changing any of these settings.

Thank you Smile I have downloaded info for some movies now... But no trailers is downloaded Sad I ahve tried the movies "10.000 BC" , "21" But no trailers is downloded!? And i cannot find any option for trailer download!?

I have downlloaded the newest version from this thread (First page)
rasmuskarlsen Wrote:Thank you Smile I have downloaded info for some movies now... But no trailers is downloaded Sad I ahve tried the movies "10.000 BC" , "21" But no trailers is downloded!? And i cannot find any option for trailer download!?

I suggest waiting for the next build which will probably be released very shortly.
rasmuskarlsen Wrote:Thank you Smile I have downloaded info for some movies now... But no trailers is downloaded Sad I ahve tried the movies "10.000 BC" , "21" But no trailers is downloded!? And i cannot find any option for trailer download!?

Trailer downloading is not supported in the version in the first post... it's in the SVN version (which, as rausch101 mentioned, will be released tonight... we're just doing some final testing/tweaking on it).
nul7 Wrote:Trailer downloading is not supported in the version in the first post... it's in the SVN version (which, as rausch101 mentioned, will be released tonight... we're just doing some final testing/tweaking on it).

Allright Smile Thanks!
Wow! This program is excellent! It's very easy to use and pretty damn quick.
Have to agree with others, nice interface, flashy and quick.....Tried the other 2 programs to import data but this one wins hands down... Now just waiting for the update to fix the studio flagging....

congrats
uncertainty Wrote:Have to agree with others, nice interface, flashy and quick.....Tried the other 2 programs to import data but this one wins hands down... Now just waiting for the update to fix the studio flagging....

congrats

Coming in an hour or two. Wink
Question...
I am using R403. Everything working a dream just wanted to know.

Is it possible when tagging fanart to use as extrathumbs that it can refresh the extrathumbs screen when extrathumbs bookmark is selected eith that or an apply option.

example - I have some pretty dire screengrabs for a film, I go to fanart, tick the ones I use as extrathumbs, move to extrathumbs bookmark to pick and choose... not there. I have to OK then redit movie to see the extrathumbs I have added.

Also I seem to have probs with precached fanart, when I select them as extrathumbs (tick the box) the OK button remains greyed out.

Clear cache tells me it can't it's in use - maybe that's why?

once again very little picky things 'cos it's running like the dogs gonads at the mo. To think all the time I wasted trying to get trailers for 800+ films when this could have done the donkey work for me.

cheers

Brent
Update on using fanart for extrathumbs. It appears that if you don't select an actual item to use as fanart and just tick the extrathumb ones you want then the OK button remains greyed out. Selecting one (highlight in blue) for fanart and it will add to the extrathumbs too

Brent
meanstreak Wrote:Question...
I am using R403. Everything working a dream just wanted to know.

Is it possible when tagging fanart to use as extrathumbs that it can refresh the extrathumbs screen when extrathumbs bookmark is selected eith that or an apply option.

example - I have some pretty dire screengrabs for a film, I go to fanart, tick the ones I use as extrathumbs, move to extrathumbs bookmark to pick and choose... not there. I have to OK then redit movie to see the extrathumbs I have added.

Also I seem to have probs with precached fanart, when I select them as extrathumbs (tick the box) the OK button remains greyed out.

Clear cache tells me it can't it's in use - maybe that's why?

once again very little picky things 'cos it's running like the dogs gonads at the mo. To think all the time I wasted trying to get trailers for 800+ films when this could have done the donkey work for me.

cheers

Brent

There is a refresh button below the extrathumbs list. Wink

meanstreak Wrote:Update on using fanart for extrathumbs. It appears that if you don't select an actual item to use as fanart and just tick the extrathumb ones you want then the OK button remains greyed out. Selecting one (highlight in blue) for fanart and it will add to the extrathumbs too

Brent

The reason the button is greyed out is because it's the fanart selection dialog. lol It's expecting you to select a fanart.
grrr ok got me.

God is there nothing I can find wrong with this program?

Brent

nul7 Wrote:There is a refresh button below the extrathumbs list. Wink

The reason the button is greyed out is because it's the fanart selection dialog. lol It's expecting you to select a fanart.
r411 and Extras 08 are in the first post. This is our biggest update yet. Changes were made to every single file of the source. We tested the best we could, but with as many changes as there were, it's hard to account for all situations so I'm sure there will be a bug or two in there.

NOTE: You MUST update to Extras 08 for r411 to work properly. If you downloaded Extras 08 any more than 10 minutes before this post, please download it again as the package was changed and re-uploaded.

NOTE2: Unfortunately, due to some changes in the code, your old settings file will not be compatible. If you have a ton of custom filters, it may be a good idea to make a back up of your current settings before running r408 the first time. Then copy and paste the filters portion from the backup file to the newly created settings file.

zirytowany Wrote:EMM is the best nfo/media-manager. Works perfect for me! Do you have any donations-page or something like that? Thank you.

However, one question (sry if it already appeared in the 102 pages here): Any plans for better trailer-support so you just have to press a button and it downloads the trailers directly into the folders (e.g. moviemaze.de or something like that) in the future?

PS. Is it normal that EMM (besides the other managers) cant handle files with . (dots) in the title e.g. -> Kill.Bill.DVDRiP.MyOwn <-
I had to rename all of my files (took one of the many available rename-tools from the web) but now iam even more satisfied and excited with the results. LOVE IT!!!

Thanks! Trailer support (downloading or just saving to nfo) is in r408. You didn't have to rename your files. You just needed to add custom filters. Wink

meanstreak Wrote:grrr ok got me.

God is there nothing I can find wrong with this program?

Brent

I hope not, but if you do, let us know so we can fix it. lol
There is something wrong inside r408 i have lot of sources over the lan and there are ~ 950 movies but r408 see only 226. Under Filters Source: All is selected.

There is also a nasty bug while update from the older version. ALL settings are gone, include my regex for german folders. And that was not only (\.\d\d\d\d.*?)$ and (\.)[-&gt;] Sad
MrDVD Wrote:There is something wrong inside r408 i have lot of sources over the lan and there are ~ 950 movies but r408 see only 226. Under Filters Source: All is selected.

There is also a nasty bug while update from the older version. ALL settings are gone, include my regex for german folders. And that was not only (\.\d\d\d\d.*?)$ and (\.)[-&gt;] Sad

ah sorry, should have mentioned that.... due to changes to the settings old settings are not compatible any more. I'll edit the post above.

For the first issue, do you have a lot of multi-part movies? There is now an option to skip files that are smaller than a certain size. The default size is 300 mb. There is an option to skip the size check for multi-part files, so if you have a bunch of movies that are like 4 parts of 200 mb or something like that, either set the check size to 0 to disable it completely, or enable not checking of stacked files. Let me know if that solves it for you.

EDIT: Guess it would have been a good idea to just default it to 0 (disabled). *sigh*

EDIT2: Nevermind, it was a problem with the valid dir checking. Fixed (and also defaulted size check to 0), and uploaded r411. Sorry about that.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24