• 7(current)
PAPlayer (PAP) in XBMC CVS, what is it?
axavier: if you don't get the log output, you don't have an up to date enough version. upgrade.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@axavier, yes you have to have pcm passthrough checked to get all that buffer output in the log.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
if i have passthrough turned off i get just the zeros.

Quote:11-05-2005 14:53:45 debug paplayer: starting next track whilst already playing - killing our output buffers
11-05-2005 14:53:45 info mp3codec: loaded decoder at 00a3b010
11-05-2005 14:53:46 info pap player: new audiodevice created. chunklen 4120
11-05-2005 14:53:46 info pap player: playing smb://pg-server/music/2pac/greatest hits disc 1/02 2 of amerikaz most wanted.mp3
11-05-2005 14:53:46 debug paplayer: thread started
11-05-2005 14:53:46 debug playback has started
11-05-2005 14:53:46 notice start led control
11-05-2005 14:53:46 notice dim lcd on playback
11-05-2005 14:53:46 debug paplayer::output buffer size only 0 bytes. pcm buffer size 179712
11-05-2005 14:54:06 debug paplayer::output buffer size only 0 bytes. pcm buffer size 317684
11-05-2005 14:54:17 debug paplayer::output buffer size only 0 bytes. pcm buffer size 202868
11-05-2005 14:54:31 debug paplayer::output buffer size only 0 bytes. pcm buffer size 317660

playing 1 song, each zero at the pause.

whilst in the problem pause (not physical pause button) the system seems to crash if you try to do anything else. though ftp still working. tried starting another song. nothing new in the log.
(jmarshall @ may 11 2005,07:36 Wrote:axavier: if you don't get the log output, you don't have an up to date enough version. upgrade.
this is wierd jonathan..i'm using tortoise cvs to do the retrieval from cvs. and i just right click on the folder and select update....
again the dump question: what should i use to retrieve the cvs code? shouldn't tortoise cvs tkae care of all that?

i'll do a complete retrieval today frm scrathc to see if that changes anything.
the only thing i can suggest is you make sure you update the xbe you are running - ie the one on c: if you are running as dash.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i'm using evox as dash. so i don't think that is the issue. i'll get a newer version of tortise cvs, and do a check out with it,compile and see if i get the same thing, if not then i'll do a massive cvs update to see what happens.
i did a full cvs check out just to make sure that i have hte correct code. jonathan could this be an issue of using the cvs update from tortoise cvs instead of doign a checkout?
(axavier @ may 11 2005,13:22 Wrote:peter are you using pcm passthrough in the sound options? also, what is your debug level. i have mine set up at 0 and i do not get any buffer information in the logs. i'm not using pcm output to 2 speakers option though, could that be the difference?
axavier - i realised i hadn't answered your question fully (though i think people have pretty much filled in for me).

all my logs are with level 0 debug.

pcm off - gives no buffer logs other than when it's at zero - song starts and the pauses

pcm on - gives full buffer logs
thanks peter for your reply. i'll do a build today when i get home from work, test and share the results...

i think my issue is that somehow i do not know how to properly update my local cvs copy from the repository....
after downloading (again) the complete cvs repository and doing a build all i have to say is:

:bowdown:

for some reason (mainly me being dumb for not knowing how to use tortoise cvs to properly get the code) i was not getting the srouce properly.

after compilation i was able to play with no hiccups!!!! songs via the wireless network. not only that, but the playback was trully gapless (again a big :bowdown: to the xbmc dev team!!Wink.

live albums like the expedition (kamelot) and alanis mtv unplugged played with no pause between songs. i was able to play with no hiccups during a slideshow, although the playback was not gapless but i can live with that.

my recommendation to all of you who are having problems with paplayer, do a complete cvs checkout, compile and see how it goes....
cool - one down.

i'm rewriting the player at the moment in either case - hopefully it'll improve things a bit more plus will make gapless playback much easier (next track will be fully pre-cached before the current one ends).

got a bunch of design issues to sort out with hq resampling etc. etc. but i've got the basic design working ok now.

will probably still take a fair amount of time to finalize everything.

lastly: i don't really want to hear about issues with pcm passthrough enabled - the current player is not designed for it really - it will especially not likely be gapless with that output method. we may even decide to remove it completely, as we are not convinced that it gives any benefit for 2 channel pcm sources.

cheers,
jonathan

pcm passthrough switched off. will continue to test.

just a wild stab, but could there be any latency issues with the network packets? i've just had a bit of a fiddle with the server. limited movement, but i've just shifted it a few inches and moved the aerial. signal still sitting at 48/56 15-20db snr (as it was before), though during the file copy i'm getting much better response. throughput is fairly continuous, still dropping to 0 briefly, and not as good as server to other xp laptop, but maybe it has a higher tolerance?

no expert on wireless, but i guess you can be connected at 54m and have low latency and zero error packets, or could still have enough signal for 54m but find you have a percentage of error packets, which would then cause latency? a bit like broadband - i have loads more error packets now on a 3m rather than a 0.5m, but the general throughput is 3m.

shout if you want me to try anything else. i'm gonna pull the server much closer to the access point at the weekend and see what happens.
i did not experience packet collisions on my tests yesterday. my tests were also done with pcm output off and high quality resampling off...
not sure how i can test for packet collisions but maybe too late. onto my 3rd mp3 track and have flawless output. no pauses, no zero buffers in the log (other than track start).

as i said, i have moved the server/aerial slightly, though the link and snr has not changed. as i said throughput to other xp machines has not changed, though throughput and reliability to xbox has taken on a new lease of life.
@axavier, what version or date of in_mp3.dll are you using. i've tried the latest (april 28) and that didn't change anything for me.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAPlayer (PAP) in XBMC CVS, what is it?0