• 7(current)
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows
xyber,

Is it possible to just scrape and export to XBMC just one show? Right now if I manually adjust and nfo file on just one show, when I click "Export to XBMC", it will start exporting all of my shows. I just want to export one at a time every once in a while. Am I missing something or can this be implemented?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:xyber,

Is it possible to just scrape and export to XBMC just one show? Right now if I manually adjust and nfo file on just one show, when I click "Export to XBMC", it will start exporting all of my shows. I just want to export one at a time every once in a while. Am I missing something or can this be implemented?

Thanks,
Mark

If you have the latest build (2.0.8c) you will see options to export only certain items. So if you want to export one episode only, select it and then go export and you will see option to export only it. If you wanted to export more than one item, like a few episodes you will have to export the whole season or series by selecting it in the tree view before activating export from menu.

export 1 episode

export 1 show

export 1 movie
plyoung.com - my personal site where I blog about the projects I work on
Is it possible to just scrape one item?

For example, xmm2 has correctly found and scraped all my Benidorm tv series with the exception of the Summer & Xmas specials. How can I just run a scrape on just the summer special?

By the way, great progam. It's helped me immensely in the past few days and I'm probably about 90% done creating all the nfo's which, considering the data amounts to 1200 gig, is quite impressive given that I've spent only a couple of hours setting things up.
sgandtg Wrote:Is it possible to just scrape one item?

For example, xmm2 has correctly found and scraped all my Benidorm tv series with the exception of the Summer & Xmas specials. How can I just run a scrape on just the summer special?

By the way, great progam. It's helped me immensely in the past few days and I'm probably about 90% done creating all the nfo's which, considering the data amounts to 1200 gig, is quite impressive given that I've spent only a couple of hours setting things up.

I think you want to read this page Wink

To scrape and edit single individual items.

There is also an option to easily pick a season or episode from a list for TV Shows.

Perfect. Believe it or not, I had a good read of the help pages before I got started. What threw me, i think, was that the button I was expecting to use (the same one as shown in your first screen print) was greyed out and i couldn't figure out why - although it's obvious now. Many thanks.

Have made a small donation to show my appreciation - will no doubt make a similar donation sometime soon.
Thanks Wink

So you got that problem with the images sorted?
I was busy testing on my side to see what could be wrong but can't recreate the problem. When I close and start xmm again I can see the fanart, banners and posters I've manually added from the hard disk.
Yeah, although not quite sure how.

Thanks again for both the quick helpful responses and the program itself.
sgandtg Wrote:Yeah, although not quite sure how.

Thanks again for both the quick helpful responses and the program itself.

definitely, I think this is going to be the next big Media Manager Cool
I tried Ember but gave up trying to get my head round all the option when you first set it up. I'd had a few drinks so maybe that explains why it wasn't making sense to me.

With this though, it's really straightforward and most people will be able to load it up and do what they need to do without too much bother.
Can anyone advise how I go about deleting all the nfo and poster/fanart/banner files that xmm downloaded and linked to my files? I want to scrub everything and start again as I've noticed an error in the way some of my files were named that has affected the scraping.

For season one of the xfiles, my first episode was named 1x00 Pilot, followed by 1x01 blahblah, 1x02 blahblah up to 1x23 blahblah. However, they should have been named 1x01 Pilot, 1x02 blahblah, 1x03 blahblah, etc. The result being that all my episodes have the wrong info linked to them and I'm not sure how many others may be affected. It would be easy to just manually edit all the fanarts for season 1 but I'm not sure which pictures should be linked to each episode. I've renamed all the episodes so that they are now correct but it's the fanarts that are incorrect.

Hopefully, I've explained that well enough. Any ideas
sgandtg Wrote:Can anyone advise how I go about deleting all the nfo and poster/fanart/banner files that xmm downloaded and linked to my files? I want to scrub everything and start again as I've noticed an error in the way some of my files were named that has affected the scraping.

For season one of the xfiles, my first episode was named 1x00 Pilot, followed by 1x01 blahblah, 1x02 blahblah up to 1x23 blahblah. However, they should have been named 1x01 Pilot, 1x02 blahblah, 1x03 blahblah, etc. The result being that all my episodes have the wrong info linked to them and I'm not sure how many others may be affected. It would be easy to just manually edit all the fanarts for season 1 but I'm not sure which pictures should be linked to each episode. I've renamed all the episodes so that they are now correct but it's the fanarts that are incorrect.

Here is a quote from xyber when I asked the same question in the EMM thread. Smile

xyber Wrote:Go to explorer and search for the files Wink
*.tbn
*.jpg
etc and delete the search result.

Can also try the "Clear Exported Files" feature in xmm but that will only take care of nfo, jpg and tbn files.
sgandtg Wrote:Can anyone advise how I go about deleting all the nfo and poster/fanart/banner files that xmm downloaded and linked to my files? I want to scrub everything and start again as I've noticed an error in the way some of my files were named that has affected the scraping.

For season one of the xfiles, my first episode was named 1x00 Pilot, followed by 1x00 blahblah, 1x01 blahblah up to 1x23 blahblah. However, they should have been named 1x01 Pilot, 1x02 blahblah, 1x03 blahblah, etc. The result being that all my episodes have the wrong info linked to them and I'm not sure how many others may be affected. It would be easy to just manually edit all the fanarts for season 1 but I'm not sure which pictures should be linked to each episode.

If you wanted to get rid of nfo/images after an export you could go Menu -> Export -> Clear Exported Data, but I'm guessing you wanna fix it in the app itself.

If it is the case, while in edit mode, you could click on an episode and use the List option to select the correct episode. Check post #94 above, the second image shows the button you cna use for this.

This will pull the correct info and images for the apisode, so if you named is 1x00 and it should have bene 1x01, just select ep 1 in season 1 and xmm will fill the correct info.

When you are done with this you can right click on X-Files Show (in the tree/left panel) and select auro rename to rename all the eps correctly.
xyber Wrote:This will pull the correct info and images for the apisode, so if you named is 1x00 and it should have bene 1x01, just select ep 1 in season 1 and xmm will fill the correct info.

Yep, done that and all the info changes but the fanart didn't seem to change. It's hard to confirm this though as the fanart is just a screenshot of that episode so it's difficult to tell if it changed or not as I can't identify which pics represent which episode (hope that makes sense?)

I think I'll just search for the nfo and tbn files and then rescrape.

Thanks again.

Not sure whether this is something that you can implement or not (not even sure if there is any other program that does this) but how difficult would it be to add a feature that checks what episodes of tv shows you have and compares them with tvdb to identify episodes that you're missing? That way we could run a report on a weekly/monthly basis which would identify any new episodes that have been released.
sgandtg Wrote:Not sure whether this is something that you can implement or not (not even sure if there is any other program that does this) but how difficult would it be to add a feature that checks what episodes of tv shows you have and compares them with tvdb to identify episodes that you're missing? That way we could run a report on a weekly/monthly basis which would identify any new episodes that have been released.

It will be in version 3, which I am working on atm.
It is something I need myself Wink
You can rename the files manually in explorer and then go Tools -> Active Group -> Scan Folder so that XMM picks up on the changes and then go to the Show and for each Season you can select the season from that list mentioned previously and that will also update all that season's eps.

You might see some red marked items in the list after you did a rename of files and use "Scan Folders", in that case go to Data -> Clear Missing Items from List and they will be removed... might need to close xmm and open it again so that the internal memory refresh properly 9think I forgot to remove items from the lists in memory and only did it in the db).

Anyway, as long as your eps are numbered the same way as they are on TVDB you should be fine on fanart/thumbs.

[EDIT] THERE IS A BUG WITH IMAGES WHEN YOU MANUALLY SELECT EPS/SEASON FROM THAT LIST.
It was something introduced after I hacked at the app to add some previously requested feature that was not planned for.
@sgandtg I think this is related to the problem you where having with images.
I'll fix it quickly ...

[EIT] Fixed in Build 208d
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows1