• 71(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
@chrisss you provide no logs, how the hell do you expect help?

debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My widevine fix:

running isengard on w7PRO 64bit. 1.3.23~beta version of netflixbmc installed. Got the missing plugin error, please update in the chrome browser window. My fix was to check the "always allowed to run" box for widevine in chrome://plugins

I hope this helps somebody!

... now if only I could get my mce remote to send an alt + f4 to exit the browser window.... lots of suggestions here that I need to try but it appears that while the netflixbmc keymapping utility is running (the mouse disappears), it is not sending the correct sequence to the chrome kiosk window (pressing the mapped button on the remote does bring up the netflix video controls in the browser window, but nothing happens).
(2015-08-05, 05:33)Pixstrad Wrote: Hi there,

I really would love to use this addon as it would streamline my viewing into one easy piece of software.

However, I am definitely having an issue getting NetfliXBMC to work and I can't figure it out.

Whenever I attempt to start the addon, I get an automatic error that tells me to check log files.

Here is a link to a recent log file where NetfliXBMC failed: http://xbmclogs.com/pvmouvwfw

The following screen persists after attempting to cancel the addon loading: http://puu.sh/jpOTe/822f2112bf.jpg I must ALT+F4 out of Kodi and end the task from Task Manager.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

I'm having the EXACT same issue on Win 7 64-bit. This is a brand new install of Chrome, Kodi, and the Netflixbmc add-on. When this happens, the entire computer locks up until I go into task manager to forceably kill Kodi.

Looking for another way to run Netflix in Kodi instead. I don't have an older version of Chrome, and can't update Windows because I'm in the middle of a transition from Windows Media Center (used it for YEARS) to HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun DVR. There is no other interface for the HDHomeRun stuff right now.
You guys need to replace the libcurl.dll. Check post #965.
...or switch off "use advanced SSL" in netflixbmc advanced settings
(2015-08-12, 19:41)Sleuth255 Wrote: My widevine fix:

running isengard on w7PRO 64bit. 1.3.23~beta version of netflixbmc installed. Got the missing plugin error, please update in the chrome browser window. My fix was to check the "always allowed to run" box for widevine in chrome://plugins

I hope this helps somebody!

... now if only I could get my mce remote to send an alt + f4 to exit the browser window.... lots of suggestions here that I need to try but it appears that while the netflixbmc keymapping utility is running (the mouse disappears), it is not sending the correct sequence to the chrome kiosk window (pressing the mapped button on the remote does bring up the netflix video controls in the browser window, but nothing happens).

This fix wasn't definitive either. I just tried a fresh install on a different machine and this fix didn't work. I'm not sure yet what combination actually triggers everything but I've gotten two installs to work (using different documented "fixes") and am still testing on a third. Interestingly, once the problem goes away, it apparently is fixed for good.
(2015-08-13, 07:38)esoteradactyl Wrote: You guys need to replace the libcurl.dll. Check post #965.

Loading the libcurl.dll from @esoteradactyl's link worked to get past the loading error. Got into Netflix and browsed my list okay, so apparently it's accessing Netflix okay. But... if I try to play anything (ANYTHING), I get a black screen for a while, then a white screen, then ... that's it. Nothing ever plays.

(2015-08-13, 14:49)Sleuth255 Wrote: ...or switch off "use advanced SSL" in netflixbmc advanced settings

I did that, but it did not change the above behavior at all.

The white screen seems to be from chrome. The console there is trying http://cdn1.nflxext.com/package/4.2.2/web/[long guid]/ and has the error "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

I turned on debugging on the plugin setting, but I don't get much in the log, just this:

Code:
19:59:52 T:312   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Californication&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTVWatcher%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70140366.jpg&url=70140366
19:59:52 T:312   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Californication&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTVWatcher%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70140366.jpg&url=70140366) failed
Hi, I'm new to Kodi and obviously to this netflix app. I have a problem where the select whos watching window shows no names and no content gets downloaded. It just tells me to refer to the log file. Here is my paste: http://xbmclogs.com/p5duqoiin

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advnace.

pitchie
Ok, learning a lot about widivine and netflixbmc_utilituy.exe. From the widivine perspective, it really looks like the chrome launcher add-on needs to be set to use a unique profile, Next, initially set netflixbmc to not use kiosk mode so you can check extensions/plugins and get everything right the first time you launch it. You are quite likely to find that in chrome://components, the widivinecdm component has a version of 0.0.0.0 that can be fixed by updating the component. You may also find that the widivinecdm plugin is not always allowed to run in chrome://plugins. Correcting these fixed the issue for my test setup. In fact, if the "widivine needs to be updated" message re-appears, turn off kiosk mode to debug.

Next up: I really need to figure out how to get my hands on the source code for the netflixbmc_utility.exe program. I have a number of suspicions which I'm vetting out now.
(2015-08-14, 02:10)squ1rr3l Wrote: I turned on debugging on the plugin setting, but I don't get much in the log, just this:

Code:
19:59:52 T:312   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Californication&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTVWatcher%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70140366.jpg&url=70140366
19:59:52 T:312   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=Californication&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cTVWatcher%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70140366.jpg&url=70140366) failed

I'm not sure whether my problem is related to yours, but I get a similar error message (see log: http://xbmclogs.com/px4s0akja) - I'm running kodibuntu though. Using the browser.sh and script.sh does not allow me to play files. I do not get an error only "Waiting..." if I move my mouse, but nothing happens.

However, I can get Netflix to play without the scripts by adding
Code:
openbox &
to kodi-standalone. But the remote does not work, as the remote actions are done in kodi. If I add a line to the .lircrc file, for instance, the mapping in kodi is effected as well:
Code:
begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = KEY_PLAY
    repeat = 0
    config = Key space CurrentWindow
end

It seems chrome launcher and netflixbmc don't like kodibuntu or there is some connection missing. Hope you guys have some hints, as to why the shell scripts aren't working.

I hope this is somewhat clear, but I have been at this for days trying to get it to work flawlessly. Thanks in advance for any support and the great work corona!
Hello Folks,

I'm new to Kodi, was a longtime MB/Emby user and switched over recently because I like the support community and add-on variety better here.

just wanted to add an FYI here in case it may be helpful to the next person with issues, I was having some issues with the NetfliXBMC plugin, tough to get it to connect and once I did I had repeated Widevine errors. What worked for me:

Connecting:
just rotating through settings till hit on the right combination, for me it was:
single user account on
Advanced SSL off
ssl connection sslv23
and of course the correct user name and password

Widevine error:
Strange, every time I checked the plugin setting by viewing them in my chrome browser (started from my desktop) the settings/version were correct. I had to turn on the "dont use kiosk mode" button and then when the chrome window came up from kodi I checked the plugin settings in that window and found they all had versions 0.0.0, so I updated them and all worked well when starting the next time.

Reading through the wiki and this forum have helped me immensely while making my transition, To all those who post their knowledge, thank you for your effort it helps greatly!
My apologies if this was already asked... I have the app running fine on the latest build of Kodi, windows 8.1, when I select a file to play, chrome will start to play the file, then Kodi reappears in the netflix app, no more video, however if I exit Kodi, that same video is running in chrome. So it's like the app brings up chrome then sends it to the background.
Well, netflixbmc_utility.exe almost works. When I press the mapped exit key on my remote, the stream stutters and netflixbmc_utility.exe exits. It looks like something has changed with chrome and the exit commands sent by netflixbmc_utility.exe are no longer valid. I'm going to ping the developer to see if I can obtain source code since it appears that this fork only contains the object code. More to come...

edit:

I can work around this fttb with a powershell script that closes all chrome processes when it sees the netflixbmc_utility process quit. I'm testing this currently. Here's what the code looks like:
Code:
#simple script to close chrome windows when netflixbmc_utility.exe exits
$NetflixStreaming = $false
while (1)
{
    Start-Sleep -Seconds 2
    $test = Get-Process -processname netflixbmc_utility*
    if ($NetflixStreaming -eq $true -and $test.id -eq $null)
    {
        Stop-Process -processname chrome*
    }
    if ($NetflixStreaming -eq $false -and $test.id -ne $null)
    {
        $NetflixStreaming = $true
    }    
}

edit2:

I just tried it and it works as a proof of concept, but there's some cleanup to do:
  • get rid of the chrome crashed message by either modifying the profile or locating the kiosk process and only killing that (probably how I'll do it)
  • explicitly set the focus back to kodi (intermittently, the ps window gets the focus after chrome is closed

remember, if you are having the close issue running kodi for windows and want to try this script:
install it locally
in powershell allow unsigned local scripts: set-executionpolicy remotesigned
find a way to start it automatically when kodi starts
this works pretty good:
Code:
Add-Type @"
  using System;
  using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
  public class SFW {
     [DllImport("user32.dll")]
     [return: MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Bool)]
     public static extern bool SetForegroundWindow(IntPtr hWnd);
  }
"@

while (1)
{
    Start-Sleep -Seconds 2
    $test = Get-Process -processname netflixbmc_utility*
    if ($NetflixStreaming -eq $true -and $test.id -eq $null)
    {
        $test = Get-Process -processname chrome*
        foreach($proc in $test)
        {
           if ($proc.mainwindowtitle.length -gt 0)
           {
               [SFW]::SetForegroundWindow($proc.mainwindowhandle)# activate it
               [System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait("%{F4}") #send alt F4
           }
        }
        $proc = Get-Process -processname kodi*
        if ($proc.id -ne $null)
        {
               [SFW]::SetForegroundWindow($proc.mainwindowhandle)# activate Kodi
        }
    }
    if ($NetflixStreaming -eq $false -and $test.id -ne $null)
    {
        $NetflixStreaming = $true
    }    
}
Excellent plug-in. Coming from WMC since we know what is happening on Sept 15 dropping Netflix... All this is working great. I had a hard time finding a version of Chrome 43 since some seem to have problems with 44. Locked so Chrome is stuck at v43, and not updating.

Windows 7 x32
Kodi 14.2
Netflix and Chrome launch latest.
Launch Kodi from WMC add-on and Kodi launches Chrome/Netflix. MOST remote friendly/10 foot interface I can find. WMC also has 4 tuners and record local TV.

Trying to get the WAF very high, there is one thing wrong with my set-up. If I use the old Winows Control for remote, I can't map the pause or play buttons to pause/play. Only OK works. This is not idea as ALL of Kodi and WMC uses pause button on remote to pause. Pressing the button in the config utility results in no change to the blank-default entry. What Am I doing wrong? My remote is a Harmony with a Generic WMC-HP profile loaded.

Tried to switch to the "new" Chrome plug-in for remote. I loaded it like the WideVineCMD, where turned off Kiosk and loaded into the specific profile started from Kodi. It acts like the plug-in isn't working at all on my Keyboard. P, Volume, etc keys don't do anything, but CNTRL-P brings up the PRINT dialog in Chrome.

Again, what AM I doing wrong?

THANKS AGAIN! AWESOME JOB developers and support people on here.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217