• 73(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2022-06-18, 09:13)loubro Wrote: Picture SlideShow Screensaver from repository
Ok. Well to ensure there is no confusion, use the correct name. Your text below sounds like you are talking about two different addons.
(2022-06-18, 07:09)loubro Wrote: When I install this AddOn and go to configure it, the Picture Addon option for the Folders source does not appear on either config panel.

After I use the Picture Addon to see and display the images in the Picture Slide Show.

So you are trying to use the Google Drive Addon to provide the images to use in the Picture Slideshow Screensaver addon? Is that correct?
I think you best ask the developer of the Google Drive Addon if that will work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i have been able to reproduce the issue with being unable to select / unselect picture addons in the addon settings.
this is not related to the picture screensaver, but rather a bug in kodi.

the picture slideshow screensaver had no support for images provided through other addons,
so i've been digging into that as well...

this is a test version which has basic support for picture addons:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-6.4.0.zip

so far, i've successfully tested it with the Google Drive and OneDrive addons.
depending on the number of images you've stored in your online drive,
you might get the busy spinner for a while the first time the screensaver runs.
indexing all the images isn't as fast with online sources, compared to local sources.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I reported the disappearing Picture Addon to the Kodi Bug Tracker and they claimed it was an Addon issue.

Closed Issue #21569
@loubro i've reopened https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/21574
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks @ronie 

Installed and tested screensaver 6.4 with Google drive and its working.  Will do some more tests.

Thanks again

I took some images of the problem, but could not find a way of sharing them as I do not control a URL.  However I noticed this supports a video option so I installed Windows Xbox Game bar and was about to make a video when I noticed the issue was being addressed.

If I am reporting an issue in future I will make a video of the problem.
Hi @ronie

It works perfectly with my Kodi on my Laptop, but when I tried to install it on the media center devices I set up last year it fails to install because its written in Python 3 and my devices are using Kodi 18.9.  I tried to update them but it failed. The devices are using R Pi Zero 1.1 W.

Is it possible to get a Python 2 build of your Screen Saver 6.4?

I just ordered a Radxa Zero clone which is more powerful and more memory and like the Pi Zero it can use the USB on the monitor as the power source.

Thanks again Ronie 

This way I can turn all the displays in the house into digital pictures which magically become media centres by activating the Kodi remote.
Hi @ronie 

I have been getting weird behaviour, when I changed the Cloud image director to a different folder. The module could not find the newly selected folder. The next time I tried to change and test it, Kodi crashed when I clicked Preview. I restarted and selected the folder that worked previously, again when I clicked preview it crashed Kodi. Windows displayed the following message.

An unhandled windows exception occurred in [13404] kodi.exe

After one reboot it took ages to get the Picture Addon source option to appear in the source selection dialog. I accessed Google drive and displayed a slide show of the directory that had worked previously and also the new images folder without any problems. I tried numerous other source dialog boxes, finally it appeared and I was able to reselect the original folder which I had just tested.

I exited and restarted Kodi and waited for the screensaver, when it kicked in, the screen dimmed then the kodi application crashed.

I ran it again and this was the log

https://paste.kodi.tv/tidomuqira

I have only been using Kodi on this machine. However I recently installed a windows utility and it installed without my consent a Norton Security feature. I previously was only using Microsoft's defender. Could the security products be interfering with Kodi?

I had no problems with your new 6.4 version until I changed the source directory and since then it has not worked with Google drive again.

Lou
I looked through all my logs on the computer and found multiple references to Kodi error, here are two of them, the others are similar;

Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 19.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x62208c88
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1741, time stamp: 0x77755782
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a1fb7
Faulting process id: 0x345c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d883a2b5365677
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 1de76985-3a10-4ce7-935a-8b03873ba221
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Faulting application name: kodi.exe, version: 19.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x62208c88
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1741, time stamp: 0x77755782
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a1fb7
Faulting process id: 0x2b64
Faulting application start time: 0x01d883a263ec4fc9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 7ab155a1-e0f9-4364-b34a-abd23e2d2dfc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I tried lots of ways to try and capture more info but, it seems the crash was sudden and fatal.
@ronie 

I have done a lot of tests.

1.  The cause of the crash was due to a folder which had a mixture of images and various video files (flv, avi, wmv).

2. If I install 6.4 and point it at a Google Drive folder which only has jpg files, it will work perfectly.

3. If you then change the source folder to point it at a different folder on Google drive you will get the rotating circles and there is no error in the log file.
Hi @ronie 

Another issue, not sure but think it might be the OS.

I am using Libra-Elec OS.  I have the screensaver using a USB drive. However when I reboot the USB is no longer attached. I have to remove and replug it for it to be recognised.

Lou
BTW @ronie the 6.4 did not work with my USB drive just got spinning circles. I had to go back them working.
lost text in above message, its should read;

had to go back to version 6.3.5 to get them working.
@loubro thanx for the extensive testing of 6.4.0
i'm afraid i can not help you with a python 2 version of this addon.

the usb issues i can not reproduce, it does work fine on my end.

having videos inside a picture folder was indeed a problem,
this should be fixed in 6.4.1:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-6.4.1.zip

is you notice any problem with 6.4.1, please provide a Debug Log.
(a normal logfile is useless for troubleshooting).
@ronie

I just tried 6.4.1 and could not get it to work with either my USB or my C:\ drive.  I went back to 6.3.5 had no problems, this is the logfile.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ocumubozal

Thanks again
@ronie I noticed the different effects work best with different file sizes, image content may also require a different effect. I remember in Windows early days we had an .inf to configure folders. I thought a simple solution would be a naming convention for folder so that the images in that folder are displayed in a certain way. I think the first 6 characters of the folder name being the key;

First two characters are numbers and will be used for sequencing.

The next two characters are Capital letters which will be used to code the display.
The first character is the transition effect code N=none Z=zoom etc. The second character is the Background State 

The fifth character will set the duration. It must be a number greater than 0. There will be a set of values to correlate with the cardinal numbers.

The sixth character must be a space.

The numbers in positions 1,2, and 5. The space being in position 6 and finally the Capital Letters in positions 3 and 4 make it hard for accidental interpretations. Its easy to add an remove. 

If sub folders are not coded they behave the same as the parent.

Is this possible?
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4