• 73(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
VC1 not working is a known issue, according to Koying.
(2013-08-11, 22:26)mo123 Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 21:53)tinuz97 Wrote: Only thing i noticed on my samsung galaxy s4 that it is not working on android 4.3 ge (google edition)
If i put version 4.2.2. android on the s4 back it is working 100% with hw accelaration.

Tryed diffent builds but no luck, i get sound etc but no video.
Is this a android 4.3 bug i guess?
Or am i doing something wrong?

Thx !
Did you try the latest build here.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/
It should have the android 4.3 fix from 27/7 included if I'm not mistaken.

(2013-08-13, 13:36)Koying Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 13:30)Varming Wrote: Any specific build you'd like me to test? I've tried the latest test build from 5th of August (as well as others) and it decodes 720p MKV fine but only for about 30-40 seconds then XBMC crashes completely and I'm thrown back into the launcher in Android. I don't have logs but I can easily create some when I get home.
No specifics, any nightly would do.

Please, if you can, extract a log with "adb logcat" (see http://developer.android.com/tools/help/logcat.html) or use a tool like catlog (https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...gcat&hl=en, needs root).

Unfortunately, for XBMC crashes, we need a logcat to have a backtrace.

Installed the 27-7-2013 version, and works perfect now on my galaxy S4 with android 4.3 (jamal google edition rom from xda) woohoo, thx!
(2013-08-16, 08:39)vel2000 Wrote: xbmc-20130813-076844f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk
"Archos Platinum97"
Allwinner A31
J.B 4.1.1

All test-files ok, except "vc1_1080p_ap_l3_18mbps_ac3_hddvd.mkv", which stutters a bit.
Is a xbmc.log, or a logcat file from a working device, useful ?
If yes, I will add it here.
Otherwise, great work.

That is very interesting. Did you watch your test files for more than 1 min? Personally I'm curious about the XBMC log and the logcat to see what is different from when I played it with the MeLE box.
(2013-08-16, 08:39)vel2000 Wrote: xbmc-20130813-076844f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk
"Archos Platinum97"
Allwinner A31
J.B 4.1.1

All test-files ok, except "vc1_1080p_ap_l3_18mbps_ac3_hddvd.mkv", which stutters a bit.
Is a xbmc.log, or a logcat file from a working device, useful ?
If yes, I will add it here.
Otherwise, great work.

No way! I got an Allwinner A31 mele A1000G and it stutters even on 720p,and yours will run with 1080p with XBMC? No freakin way how the hell should be this possible? (Same kernel, same Android Version, same hardware).... if you got it, did you found a Video app which runs 1080p videos and allows fast forwarding for example in Video streamed via UPnP / DLNA?
(2013-08-16, 12:08)Varming Wrote: That is very interesting. Did you watch your test files for more than 1 min? Personally I'm curious about the XBMC log and the logcat to see what is different from when I played it with the MeLE box.

I used the test files from HERE
I attached a XBMC log, from playing the two movies "Birds" and "Monsters"

(2013-08-16, 22:47)Qefx Wrote: No way! I got an Allwinner A31 mele A1000G and it stutters even on 720p,and yours will run with 1080p with XBMC? No freakin way how the hell should be this possible? (Same kernel, same Android Version, same hardware).... if you got it, did you found a Video app which runs 1080p videos and allows fast forwarding for example in Video streamed via UPnP / DLNA?

First, my tablet is originally an "Onda V972", but I patched the Archos Platinum97 firmware to run on the Onda.
Look here too (german forum)
Libstagefright and the 1080p movies are working with this firmware only.
Seems, that Archos has patched the SDK successfully, to get the things running
I was never successful, to get stagefright fully working with any other/original firmware from Onda!
So it's not a matter of Soc, Kernel, hardware.....
PS: I've answered you (?) in your other thread. Fast forward works. Tested via UPNP and the above mentioned files.

LOGFILE
(2013-08-17, 02:44)vel2000 Wrote: First, my tablet is originally an "Onda V972", but I patched the Archos Platinum97 firmware to run on the Onda.
Look here too (german forum)
Libstagefright and the 1080p movies are working with this firmware only.
Seems, that Archos has patched the SDK successfully, to get the things running
I was never successful, to get stagefright fully working with any other/original firmware from Onda!
So it's not a matter of Soc, Kernel, hardware.....
PS: I've answered you (?) in your other thread. Fast forward works. Tested via UPNP and the above mentioned files.

LOGFILE

That is great news - it gives me hope for actually being able to use the MeLE box for something Smile
(2013-08-17, 08:34)Varming Wrote: That is great news - it gives me hope for actually being able to use the MeLE box for something Smile

Should be not too much work/black magic, to port the Archos Firmware to the Mele Box.
If somebody donates a Mele to me....Big Grin
If somebody knows another, stagefright compatible Firmware for the A31, please send me a link.
(2013-08-17, 09:21)vel2000 Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 08:34)Varming Wrote: That is great news - it gives me hope for actually being able to use the MeLE box for something Smile

Should be not too much work/black magic, to port the Archos Firmware to the Mele Box.
If somebody knows another, stagefright compatible Firmware for the A31, please send me a link.

Mele said they will bring out a new firmware in the next month including the newsest SDK from Allwinner, so lets see where it goes and what it will bring. But that is going to far off topic.
(2013-08-17, 09:21)vel2000 Wrote: Should be not too much work/black magic, to port the Archos Firmware to the Mele Box.

I will be happy to donate the MeLE firmware to you Tongue

The MeLE firmware seems to work with stagefright but from the log it seems like some codec buffer runs into problems and XBMC then crashes. You can easily see it in my logcat (posted in this thread).
(2013-08-17, 12:06)Varming Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 09:21)vel2000 Wrote: Should be not too much work/black magic, to port the Archos Firmware to the Mele Box.

I will be happy to donate the MeLE firmware to you Tongue

The MeLE firmware seems to work with stagefright but from the log it seems like some codec buffer runs into problems and XBMC then crashes. You can easily see it in my logcat (posted in this thread).

Yeah somehow XBMC seems buggy on the box anyway. Even external players dont work :/ But so far I´m happy with plex and Mizuu they do both a good job if not better (esp, mizuu)
(2013-08-17, 12:06)Varming Wrote: The MeLE firmware seems to work with stagefright but from the log it seems like some codec buffer runs into problems and XBMC then crashes. You can easily see it in my logcat (posted in this thread).

Exactly the same, when I am on the original Onda firmware.
I guess, that most if not all "Chinese A31 tinkerer" (except Archos), using the same, unpatched SDK/framework from Allwinner.
I personally, can't see any improvement in the Onda firmwares (regarding stagefright).
But they are great in cheating Antutu Benchmarks.....former firmware ~11000 points, latest firmware ~19-20000 points.Confused
(2013-08-17, 14:06)vel2000 Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 12:06)Varming Wrote: The MeLE firmware seems to work with stagefright but from the log it seems like some codec buffer runs into problems and XBMC then crashes. You can easily see it in my logcat (posted in this thread).

I guess, that most if not all "Chinese A31 tinkerer" (except Archos), using the same, unpatched SDK/framework from Allwinner.
I personally, can't see any improvement in the Onda firmwares (regarding stagefright).
But they are great in cheating Antutu Benchmarks.....former firmware ~11000 points, latest firmware ~19-20000 points.Confused

Who cheated? Mele? I still have ~10.000 (Samsung did the same by the way) and it might be because of optimizations? I don´t see why a quad core CPU and octa core GPU should´nt had a higher score...

Edit: And mele isn´t a small chinese firm hehe
Quote:Who cheated? Mele? I still have ~10.000
Onda. I got ~11000 with almost all firmwares until the new 3.2.1, which reaches a score between 19 and 20k..Tongue
But this OT now.

I wonder if it's possible to work with the MeLE ROM and add the Archos things in it somehow .. if only I knew how..
(2013-08-17, 15:41)Varming Wrote:

I wonder if it's possible to work with the MeLE ROM and add the Archos things in it somehow .. if only I knew how..

Thats what I thought to, hehe if there is a way to mix both roms Smile
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6