• 73(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2016-01-16, 16:17)Grippen Wrote: Does anyone here have kodi working like I mentioned above with an harmony remote or keyboard (since with keyboard doesn't work either, I tried).

If so can you please share the keyboard.xml file?

Thanks

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2205215).
Thanks working now Smile
anyone else having issues with intens flickering randomly?
sometimes i just have to take the power out of the shield to restart it, cause the picture just diaspears and flicker constantly on all resolutions in 4k, other times like right after a factory reset the picture is nice and stable. Have tried different cables and sources but its all the same :S

Is it my shield that there is something wrong with? :S
What are people using for emulation? I've been messing around with mugen64 and Dolphin, just getting my feet wet. I'd love to be able to launch that stuff from within Kodi, though. Same with all the apps, actually. I've got Kodi setup so nice that using the default Launcher is lame. Smile
(2016-01-16, 20:03)ECEC Wrote: What are people using for emulation? I've been messing around with mugen64 and Dolphin, just getting my feet wet. I'd love to be able to launch that stuff from within Kodi, though. Same with all the apps, actually. I've got Kodi setup so nice that using the default Launcher is lame. Smile
It's quite easy to do on android with xbmclauncher...not sure it will work with mashmellow tho
XBMC Launcher will not currently work. Google updated the leanback launcher a month or two ago, this stopped all third party launchers form working. If you go to settings, apps (system apps I think) find it and delete the update then XBMC Launcher should work. Make sure to turn off the App Auto Update option.
Good to know
(2016-01-16, 19:38)matsijatsi Wrote: anyone else having issues with intens flickering randomly?

A few times ive had the backdrops to the movies and tv shows screen on the aeon madnox skin flicker. To stop it i have to go into videos screen and then back out. Its not something I can easily replicate enough to send in a bug report as its very random.
My problem was constant when it first happend, in liberarymode in kodi the picture would tear horizontal, and in the main menu on the shield it would constantliy flash in and out as if it where changing resolutions almost but most it was just no picture Sad
Swapped out the shield wiht my gamingrig on 4k60, 4k50 and 4k24 no problems, so dunno what thats all about :/
guys

How do i get my Sheild to boot stright into Kodi on a powerup/restart of the system?
(2016-01-20, 13:31)tomcoleman Wrote: guys

How do i get my Sheild to boot stright into Kodi on a powerup/restart of the system?

You need to install XBMC Launcher, and uninstall updates for the Leanback Launcher, and thirdly you need to disable auto updates for all apps. Updating the Leanback Launcer disables the use for other launchers. When the SATV is updated to Android 6.0 Marshmellow, XBMC Launcher will most likely not work anymore, and we all loses the ability to boot directly to Kodi :-(
Got my SATV in yesterday. Super happy with it's speed. Zapping through channels in Live TV is superfast (almost instant) compared to Raspi 2. OpenElec using Synology ds214play TVHeadend/HDHomerun as the backend.
Resolution problem

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I'm having a hard time getting Kodi to show a 4K resolution on anything but v15.2 that I download from the Play Store.

My TV is Sharp Aquos that accepts 4K / 30fps signals and when I update to any other version, Screen Info shows my resolution as 1920x1080. I've searched the forums and everything says I should be able to set the resolution on the Display Mode page, but on all the installations I've tried, there is no option to change resolution.

I did check the debug logs:

v15.2
"NOTICE: Found resolution 3840 x 2160 for display 0 with 3840 x 2160 @ (5 different refresh rates)"

all other versions (16b5, rc1, v17a)
"NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ (5 different refresh rates)

Any idea why this would happen??

Not sure whether this should be posted in the main Android forum, since it's SATV specific.

Thanks in advance.
The GUI is always max. 1920x1080 - so it makes no sense to scale it up to 4k. Anyway, all versions play uhd content in 2160p.
Thanks. That makes sense and I did read about that a few pages ago on this thread.

I admit to being new to this and apologize for my ignorance on the matter.

The reason I was curious is because during playback of 4K material, it seems to be down-converting.
When I pull up the View Mode (left gamepad button) at 1st is says Normal Sizing: 3840 x 1616 -->1920 x 1803(zoom 1.0).

When I change to Original, the sizing is 3840 x 1616 --> 3864 x 1616 but the picture is blown up and oversized.

So based on this and the debug log, it just seems like the SATV thinks my TV only supports 1920 x 1080.

Very confusing
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6