• 73(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Smile 
exxelent work praise thy.,

buthow can 1 change the background for the weather.

waiting in vain for a answer

thank you in advance
djh_ Wrote:Couldn't have put it better myself. To those wondering about the lack of music views, they're next on my list. Once I've figured out how to do a fullscreen icon panel properly, that is.

exxelent work praise thy.,

but how can 1 change the background for the weather.

thank you in advance
rickos Wrote:exxelent work praise thy.,

but how can 1 change the background for the weather.

thank you in advance

you know you posted twice? you can't change the background for the weather as of now I don't think. at least not in the traditional way, perhaps though someone has a work around?
No need for a workaround - I'll just put the option in and release an interim build.
djh,
a few questions...

Can you make the text for the time/date and weather a bit larger?

Can you do a short version of the Date/Time? I'm pretty sure we already know what year it is Wink

What do you think about replacing the back timepanel with something like the one I created? I think it matches the glass theme better and also follows the other style cues you've built into the skin. I can provide the PSD if you want to use it. Here's the PNGs

Can you add a Weather.Condition Image to the weather display? A layout like this is nice and really easy to read... <condition text> <temp> <image>

thanks... cannot wait to see the 'mod' views integrated!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
This skin is so great now, cant wait until the new views for music are ready Smile
A bit anoying that we cant go up or down on the posterwall view... i understand that those actions are linked to the upper menu atm, but this should be done in another way i thing so u can go up and down. Maybe this is already considered?

anyway..keep up the great work

one more thing... when i start it stand on adult as default.. is there a way to set it to what we want?
jazzen Wrote:This skin is so great now, cant wait until the new views for music are ready Smile
A bit anoying that we cant go up or down on the posterwall view... i understand that those actions are linked to the upper menu atm, but this should be done in another way i thing so u can go up and down. Maybe this is already considered?

anyway..keep up the great work

one more thing... when i start it stand on adult as default.. is there a way to set it to what we want?

PosterWall: Can't be done, sadly. The only possibility would be to use a fullscreen icon panel instead, which presents so many problems of its own that I've simply dropped the idea for now. Jezz X kindly offered one possible solution - to have the outer icons zoom inwards to avoid going off the screen - but it just wouldn't have worked with the frames and was clearly a concession to the limits of the control. Even if that had worked, you'd have still had empty space where the icons ran out (because the view doesn't wrap) and I'm not even sure it would have scrolled smoothly. So the end result would have been unacceptable, imo. Like I keep saying, however, if someone makes it a mod, I'll host it.

Adult: I can see that being a problem. Big Grin Not much I can do about it, unfortunately. The skinning engine doesn't quite stretch to a completely user-definable Home page. Or if it does I'm not aware of it.

@ Affini: I won't be making any of those changes to the skin proper, though pack them together as a mod and I'll host them. Not sure how best to do that, mind - maybe just bung the altered XML into a zip file w/ instructions. Or, if you want insurance against the skin becoming incompatible, just describe the individual changes in a document. You could include any new graphics and just have ppl copy them to the textures folder - they can work outside of the usual .xpr file.
Ok... i hope u sort out some kind of poster view at a time... What about the other views for music? Coming soon ? having a party this weekend and wanna show the magic Wink
I'll drop in a generic Icon view and a variation of the PhotoWall - nothing enormously functional, but a bit of variety for the time being.
will this be a problem for the common user?

wont everyone have at least that many album to fill out the screen? Whats the point of having 4 albums.... then u can choose another view? this goes for the movies as well...

i want my poster view, but with scrolling up and down WinkWink

and did u say there is no way to trigger the onfocus on homescreen to start on movies, instead of adult as it does now? change id or something?
Hi,
Hope it's not a daft question....
I switched to the PM3 skin to setup my three weather locations becuase I couldn't find where to set them in Aeon, but I can't find how to switch locations... Is it already possible or is it in todo list ? Wink
Cheers.
P.S Great skin Smile
The only thing you can try is turning the other items on or off.

I only have Movies, TV Shows, Weather, Music and Pictures selected on mine and it defaults to TV Shows which is my most used anyway. If I add Games then it defaults to Movies, if I add Arcade it moves to the left again and defaults to Pictures. So try messing around with them.
XBLgamertag Wrote:Hi,
Hope it's not a daft question....
I switched to the PM3 skin to setup my three weather locations becuase I couldn't find where to set them in Aeon, but I can't find how to switch locations... Is it already possible or is it in todo list ? Wink
Cheers.
P.S Great skin Smile

To-do list.
Though a few of you might appreciate this:

http://www.aeonismine.com/downloads/misc/aeonmusic.zip

Again, it's an Ogg Theora file so you might need to download codecs.
To change the default home menu button, you need to rearrange the items in the homescrollers.xml file (wraplist, id=300) The content items are right below the focusedlayout section. The 4th visible item listed will be the default focused item.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24