• 73(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
got it now! thanks again.
Thanks - will do some testing when I get home in a couple of hours!
Did anybody find a way to support cyrillics?

BTW Looking wonderful. No annoying delays.

@MQ Don't know if you would want to add this, so if you can help in some way then I can add this on my own.

I would love to have a strip of buttons which are icons like confluence has on the home screen for "play disc", "favourites", "shutdown"... I hope it is clear what I am talking about. I am not picky about where it should be on the screen.

For some things small icon buttons suffice and recue the itmes on the main menu. Settings could also be repressented with a "spanner"

Thanks.
ndeshmukh Wrote:Did anybody find a way to support cyrillics?

BTW Looking wonderful. No annoying delays.

@MQ Don't know if you would want to add this, so if you can help in some way then I can add this on my own.

I would love to have a strip of buttons which are icons like confluence has on the home screen for "play disc", "favourites", "shutdown"... I hope it is clear what I am talking about. I am not picky about where it should be on the screen.

For some things small icon buttons suffice and recue the itmes on the main menu. Settings could also be repressented with a "spanner"

Thanks.

Just a personal opinion. The is one of the exact features I do not want. I feel it ruins the home screen. I think its best to keep it in the flow of existing menus. Why take up more space on the home screen and block more background?
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Got it! I never had a lot of complaints beforehand, but here are my observations.

BTW I am using Dharma official 10.0 and I deleted guisettings after installing the new Aeon.

I have not added/changed any menu options or enabled more views than I need (one for each right now).

Wait time from clicking MAIN MENU for the settings screen to show is 3 seconds. Wait time for MOVIES to display from home menu after clicked (380 movie library using MySQL) is also 3 seconds.

My machine is Windows 7 64 bit Core 2 6600 CPU with 4 gigs of RAM.

By the way are there another settings for Aeon stored outside of guisettings? I noticed some of my skin settings still held even after I deleted guisettings.
Well it would be a fairly innocuous strip of small button, which can maybe toggled on and off (does increase customization which i know is increasing being frowned upon), but most importantly it reduces some items from the main menu.

I sometimes just end up going many times around the main menu before find the thing i wanted. Maybe after a while I will get used to it.

Anyways, it is not too important. There are more pressing things like being able to remove the permanently stuck music info screen on top of the visualization, and maybe cyrillic support.

Anyways the ability to be able to customize the menu is enough for me to stick with this screen. Min you that pretty much exists in as much detail in the Influence mod, and Transparency, but they both lack some stuff.
MarcosQui Wrote:If this black screen that you refer to is the delay to load a custom image, or a delay between a black screen and the image appears, knows that it is anyway, one reason I use the .xbt file in skin !

nope,, im not referring to any delay here...

i repeat again...

try to change lets say the Movies main menu backdrop...

use an image from the net that you downloaded to your desktop...

now, shutdown XBMC, re-run it, there's a good chance your NEW

Movies Main Menu backdrop won't appear...

if it does, shutdown XBMC and re-run it a couple of times...

eventually, that backdrop wont appear....
The R92 update seems to work really well on my high-end desktop. I'll try it later this week on my Revo 3700 to check the speed.
MarcosQui, have a look at these 3 pictures i made for you to prove it,,,

Eskro, so I assume you are using the files uncompressed. The question is these black screens also were seen with the files in compressed XBT in the original file, or only happen once it came to use the files uncompressed?
Do a test, compress your files into a new file XBT and test, then tell me if the problem goes away.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
MarcosQui - there seems to be a problem with sliders used in settings, the labels do not show up. This can be seen when trying to adjust the settings for the Dim Screensaver.
giftie Wrote:MarcosQui - there seems to be a problem with sliders used in settings, the labels do not show up. This can be seen when trying to adjust the settings for the Dim Screensaver.

An example of giftie's statement:

The text looks fine in Confluence.
Wanilton Wrote:Eskro, so I assume you are using the files uncompressed. The question is these black screens also were seen with the files in compressed XBT in the original file, or only happen once it came to use the files uncompressed?.

both,,,, uncompressed XBT and compressed XBT...

i think those screenshots explain extremely well whats going on,,,,

this is a bug,,, and needs to be fixed!!!
You tell em eskro. I DEMAND THIS BE FIXED....amazing these people.

Have you tried any other pictured besides bmp files?
simmb Wrote:Looks like clearart on pause was kinda implemented but it did not work on mine. Edit DialogSeekBar.xml and go to line 240 and change :-

<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]../clearart.png</texture>

to

<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/clearart.png</texture>

Then delete the visible line:-

<visible>VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)</visible>

You should now get clearart on pause provided your clearart images are in the same folder as your tv shows. Make a backup of you DialogSeekBar.xml before changing just to be on the safe side. You can copy the clearart section from DialogSeekBar.xml into the appropriate place in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml if you want clearart to show on info as well.

The skin has obviously been updated with the settings above, however now I no longer see my clear art images!
The reason for this is if you remove the dots in the path above the skin looks for the clearart.png in the same folder as the episode you are watching, now this is fine if you store all episodes in the same folder but I don't. I store all my series in individual season folders like TV\Doctor Who\Season 5 and then I copy the clearart.png to the Doctor Who folder.

Most people store it in individual season folders right? If so it would seem logical to have the skin configured that way by default as well?

In addition to the above I think it would be cool to have the same clear art in the info view (DialogFullScreenInfo.xml) as well.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232