• 75(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Wow, that looks very slick. Out of curiosity are you planning on implementing a "real" movie info screen that will provide cast info, full synopsis, taglines etc etc. I think that most of the views are great at providing the most pertinent information when browsing movies but from time to time it is nice to be able to get all the nitty gritty details of a movie on one screen. I could see my self using the wall views much more if that info was available through the info button. Just a thought. Cheers.
It'll happen eventually.
DJH,

Just a minor picky thing from me, I was wondering if it were possible to have an image for when the play disc option appears. I use my xbox a lot for dvd playback and unlike the rest of the menu options "play DVD" has no background image. Should be a quick fix if you can find a relevant image. Big Grin
I've been reading and looking at screenshots for a while, but had been too lazy to copy it until today and I have to say.. I am completely blown away. The XBMC UI blew me away the first time, and the library is still awesome, but the way Xephyr wraps this all together is just amazing. Great work Smile

This is definitely *the* skin for the future. For an alpha skin, there aren't many bugs, I have a couple of minor ones with overlapping labels (either unexpected cases, or for example, the movie title is too long), but nothing major at all.

A couple of things I'm wondering about:
- When browsing my movies, the only non thumbnail I have is for the "..". Is there anyway to either.. remove this (I can use back) or give the specific genres an image etc in library view?
- When I go back to the menu, is it possible to keep the last location.
- Possible to show a button for lyrics from full screen visualization view? All my music has lyrics and it would be cool Tongue

Thanks for the skin, it has made XBMC even more awesome, something I didn't really think was possible Tongue
EvilDude Wrote:A couple of things I'm wondering about:
- When browsing my movies, the only non thumbnail I have is for the "..". Is there anyway to either.. remove this (I can use back)

Go into Settings and HIDE PARENT ITEMS. By default this is located in SETTINGS->APPEARANCE I think.

Quote: - When I go back to the menu, is it possible to keep the last location.
If you mean the home screen menu, this appears to be a bug in XBMC itself. I have the same issue with my skin. Sometimes it remembers it, sometimes it doesn't.
Ah thanks, I knew there was a hide parents somewhere, just forgot where completely a quick scan of the settings couldn't find it.
Broads Wrote:DJH,

Just a minor picky thing from me, I was wondering if it were possible to have an image for when the play disc option appears. I use my xbox a lot for dvd playback and unlike the rest of the menu options "play DVD" has no background image. Should be a quick fix if you can find a relevant image. Big Grin

Believe it or not, I didn't even know this worked until the other day. I'd put the option in and it had never none anything, then suddenly it popped up. But yes, I'm thinking of something to put in there.
Is there any progress with removing the black bar on the home screen when RSS feeds are disabled?

Not that this feature should have any priority over anything else, but I'm just on XBOX v1 hardware and switching tabs is much snappier with RSS disabled...
djh_ Wrote:Yup, playlists and Party Mode are both still to do. Won't be long, though.
Looking forward to it! Don't forget to sleep Smile
NotShorty Wrote:Is there any progress with removing the black bar on the home screen when RSS feeds are disabled?

Not that this feature should have any priority over anything else, but I'm just on XBOX v1 hardware and switching tabs is much snappier with RSS disabled...

I just did it! What are the chances?

Yay, I've been patiently waiting for that little extra, thanks.
man djh have you been holding out on us? where did those two backdrops come from? i want them. lol

keep up the good work.
That looks very nice Wink Can't wait for the new release!
love this skin, breathes new life into xbmc, i have it just about setup the way i like it after changin some font sizes and types. running on a 32" sony crt. looks cool.

lookin forward to the music views...

how about an rss feed to keep us up to date on the latest aeon releases??
djh_ Wrote:I just did it! What are the chances?

Wonderful Big Grin
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24