• 76(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4
Please have a look at the screenshot attached.

MPAA rating:
1) Would it be possible to remove the word "Rated" when displaying the MPAA rating? It is redundant, because in the first line it already says "Rating:", so adding another "Rated" in front of the actual rating makes it repetitive and redundant. Likewise, for the IMDB rating, you don't repeat it either.
2) Would it be possible to display other country's rating systems, for example, the German FSK system?

IMDB rating:
3) Would it be possible to display little stars or something indicating the rating?

So when will this skin be released for general public?
Yes,

Please remove the word RATED from English ratings.

It should say...

Rating:
PG-13

Thanks!
(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: Attention VIP user, you will opine on the changes that may occur until the final version.

1. I'll remove the VIDEOS menu, it will become submenu in MOVIES menu.
2. I'll move the SONGS menu to position 1.
3. In position 2 will enter a new menu: SETS. I have big plans for this menu in the future.
4. SETTINGS menu go to the menu botton beside the SHUTDOWN button.
5. Menu ADDONS can turn a submenu SETTINGS.
6. Menus: WEATHER, GAMES and IMAGES be unified into a single menu called FUN.

The intention is to leave the skin cleaner = a skin smoother for everyone.
Remember, less is more. Wink

Marcos, sounds good except for point 6.

I would prefer to have the games and images seperate. Images are all my personal family photo's and it really deserves a seperate menu item (it is on all the media centers). Games I use A LOT and would also like to keep it seperate.

Just my opinion...Apart from this I like all the other changes you propose ...
Effectively it would be great to have a nice view with banner and logo display without hiding the background fanart. I can try to handle one basing on the landscape view. But i 'm not a really good coder
Well, based in majority of the votes so far the menu will look like this:

1. VIDEOS becomes submenu/MOVIES.
2. SETS continues as submenu/MOVIES.
3. SETTINGS and ADDONS leave the main menu and goes to Bottom Menu.
4. WEATHER, GAMES and IMAGES remain where they are.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
I have a question, is it necessary that the game part is linked to rom collection browser because with rom collection browser if a game isnt scraped it isn't showed, no way to show it without artworks and edit artwork manually. If it can't scrape a game it won't be visible anywhere. (maybe i miss something)

Unless advanced launcher shows a blank game with no image when it doesn't find a game by scraping and you can add images manually so all games are visible.*

SO is it possible to have the same behaviour with rom collection browser or to link the game menu to something else than rom colection browser.

I love rom collection browser but it's a shame that i can see only 9 games of my 17 because all others aren't scrapped (i went to the websites of the scrapper and effectively those games aren't present)

Thanks for your reply
Marcos,

Is it possible create/SAVE a Playlist using MQ4?

I don't see SAVE anywhere

Thanks,

Owen
(2012-08-22, 13:08)MarcosQui Wrote: Well, based in majority of the votes so far the menu will look like this:

You know Marcos, I understand the will to keeping MQ4 clean, but why not give the user the choice to keep it clean or leave it as it is, like now. If someone does not want the settings in the main menu, we can simply hide it using the customizations. Ok, I have no problem with the settings and addons in the bottom, but why?
Also, VIDEOS, why should this be in the movie section? I mean, VIDEOS is more than just movies. They can also be TV SHOWS for that matter, or (in my case) HOME VIDEOS or something else. Is it really logic to put it in the movies section?

Just some thoughts, no criticism, whatever you eventually do, I will get used to it, I guess ...
One other question, is it normal to have update music library under the movie section in the home menu. and the same for update video library under the music section
I second sarahka63's request to include "update music" under MUSIC only and "update video" under MOVIES/TV only.

I'm not sure if this is possible though.

I've tried manually setting it up this way and if I remove either from one location, they disappear from both
Videos should be a submenu of BOTH Movies and TV Shows

st graveyard, if you have 100 menus on standby but never activate any, your skin will be as slow as that user that has all activated.

That means thousands of lines of code are there taking up space and forcing XBMC to work, even if not shown. Therefore, as I wrote before, less is more.

About menu VIDEOS:

Now, the VIDEOS menu will be called FILES and can stay in any of the menus, or even all, CONCERTS, MOVIES AND TVSHOWS, access is easy and simple.

If you want him back at the main menu just create a favourite and ready.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2012-08-22, 15:02)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 13:08)MarcosQui Wrote: Well, based in majority of the votes so far the menu will look like this:

You know Marcos, I understand the will to keeping MQ4 clean, but why not give the user the choice to keep it clean or leave it as it is, like now. If someone does not want the settings in the main menu, we can simply hide it using the customizations. Ok, I have no problem with the settings and addons in the bottom, but why?
Also, VIDEOS, why should this be in the movie section? I mean, VIDEOS is more than just movies. They can also be TV SHOWS for that matter, or (in my case) HOME VIDEOS or something else. Is it really logic to put it in the movies section?

Just some thoughts, no criticism, whatever you eventually do, I will get used to it, I guess ...

I am assuming but perhpaps Marcos will add Videos as a submenu to TV Shows as well.

What I do is create a favourite or even a playlist (if from multiple locations) for my home movies, you can then add that or any other source you may have as a seperate Main Menu or Sub-Menu Item, Much cleaner rather than having to navigate through the Videos menu.

Moving Settings and Addons to the bottom menu makes complete sense to me, after all how often do you access them? I certainly do not have them cluttering up my Main Menu. In fact I would be happy to not even had Addons on the bottom menu and just navigate to it via the Settings Menu.

Another assumption.... moving these items off the Main Menu is to reduce the amout of processing the skin has to do. Marcos has said before that more Main/Sub Menu items require more overhead. Moving itmes (which are not iused that often) off the Main Menu to where they can still be accessed easily should make the skin snappier.

EDIT: Looks like I took too long to type the is Marcos! lol! :-)
(2012-08-22, 15:28)MarcosQui Wrote: About menu VIDEOS:
Now, the VIDEOS menu will be called FILES and can stay in any of the menus, or even all, CONCERTS, MOVIES AND TVSHOWS, access is easy and simple.

NICE!!!! Big Grin
FILES is perfect!

Thanks Marcos
I agree less = more.
As much code you can strip out the better for the end users smooth performance.

You have to remember some people run XBMC on hardware that can barely be called hardware at all.
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 456