• 76(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-02-12, 01:53)libratiger Wrote: 3. I tried playing some 4K, 10 bit with DTS-HD via SPMC and I get video (AVR passthrough) with sound jutter.
4. Are there better video players than SPMC in google playstore?

Thanks in advance.
I take it you have manually selected in Android settings a 2160p60Hz Resolution before starting SPMC ?

This has to be done manually because the Android OS Apps cannot Resolution switch like you would see with Linux/LibreELEC.

I've heard there is this program called Kodi Krypton that may work Wink

Yeap. Manually selected via MiBox Android settings 4k2k@60 before starting SPMC.

If Kodi Kypton works, then version 17 of SPMC will work too... ;P
Is there any way to stop the mi box from switching the input on my tv back to previous input when I put the mi box into standby? Or make it switch back when I resume from standby? Annoying. Don't want to disable CEC.
Anyone have any luck pairing a mibox to an Amazon Dot so that you can use the mibox (and receiver it is connected to) as a Bluetooth speaker?

From what I have read, this SHOULD be possible. But after the devices have paired, the mibox shows the "headphones" symbol -- meaning that it is SENDING TO the Dot...whereas what I want is to have it go the other way around, and have the Dot SEND TO the mibox, so I can use the attached sound system rather than the dinky Amazon Dot speaker.

I have a Karaoke device that is paired to the mibox using Bluetooth, and the setup I describe works fine. But in that case, the paired Karaoke device shows a "headset" symbol, and sound is indeed sent from the Karaoke system to the mibox and then the sound system.

Anyone know if there is a way to make this work? Other suggestions?
Another update version 750 available for MiBox... Changelog say only about Sling TV...
(2017-02-12, 11:06)feathers Wrote: Is there any way to stop the mi box from switching the input on my tv back to previous input when I put the mi box into standby? Or make it switch back when I resume from standby? Annoying. Don't want to disable CEC.

That is a function of your TV's CEC control and not anything to do with the Mi Box, if you don't want to disable CEC and your TV doesn't offer the option in the CEC menu to change this behavior by a new TV that does allow those changes.
(2017-02-12, 22:52)ingbrzy Wrote: Another update version 750 available for MiBox... Changelog say only about Sling TV...

where I can find this firmwares and changelog ? any theard on MI forum ?
That Sling TV update was released two weeks ago, follow the conversation from that point to catch up:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2511923

And No Xiaomi do not release detailed changelogs, I wish they did.

Thanks wrxtasy for info!, hope someday they will fix add autoswitch to 24Hz Smile
(2017-02-12, 05:26)wrxtasy Wrote: I take it you have manually selected in Android settings a 2160p60Hz Resolution before starting SPMC ?

This has to be done manually because the Android OS Apps cannot Resolution switch like you would see with Linux/LibreELEC.

I've heard there is this program called Kodi Krypton that may work Wink

I tried Kodi Kryton and the same file plays with default options with no problems, but once I try to use the recommended settings in the forum with respect to video and audio then I get only sound without visual. Uninstall and reinstall will do the trick but no reverting back to defaults.
@all who own a 4K TV
Please check your display settings after you shut down your TV and MiBox by remote controller. I noticed, that the settings switch back to 1080i 60hz and deep color off after every shut down?! I have to switch to 4k60hz and deep color ON after every shut down? Seems like a bug. That even happens when i switch off TV only.

Another question in terms of kodi. I noticed that the maximum setting of the Menu Resolution in Kodi is 1080, even when i changed my display settings to 4K before I start kodi. Bug? Feature? Not yet implementet??

BTW, 4K movies play fine and even all sound formats work via passthrough, yeeey
(2017-02-13, 03:02)jakejm79 Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 11:06)feathers Wrote: Is there any way to stop the mi box from switching the input on my tv back to previous input when I put the mi box into standby? Or make it switch back when I resume from standby? Annoying. Don't want to disable CEC.

That is a function of your TV's CEC control and not anything to do with the Mi Box, if you don't want to disable CEC and your TV doesn't offer the option in the CEC menu to change this behavior by a new TV that does allow those changes.

I would love to have more granularity over HDMI CEC on my tv.

However I believe the mi boxs HDMI cec implementation can be improved. I believe it should wake the tv and switch to its input when resuming from sleep. If you begin chromecasting it sends the "switch to me" and can wake the tv from standby. Sometimes pressing any button on the remote will do this too and other times it doesn't do anything. Or am I the only one seeing this inconsistency?
I can turn my TV ON via HDMI-CEC control using the small Middle (Home) button when the Mi Box is asleep.

The Middle Home Button is the one to play around with.

Yep tapping the middle home button twice seems to work (first click wakes the box, 2nd click switches the tv on and switches to the correct input. If it's already on the mi box input when the tv powers on it no longer switches back to the previous input, so I guess this is a quirk of my tv.

Tapping the middle home button also triggers the "switch to me" command when the mi box is on and the tv is on another input.

Thanks @wrxtasy/@jakejm79
(2017-02-11, 09:43)alextav Wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to change the DNS settings in the mibox?

I use this one work very well.
Override DNS (a DNS changer)

from google play
- Beelink R89 RK3288.
- FTMC-16.1 Unofficial Fork.
- CUSTOM ROM: Wasser-Marschmallow-V4.0.1.0
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21