• 8(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
(2014-02-06, 12:08)opdenkamp Wrote: Regarding the title: I think it should be made visible indeed.
Regarding the back button / left: when you keep pressing left, every pvr view will take you to the view selection. Back is just a shortcut that's been added so you don't have to keep pressing left. A button called "back" that takes you back to where you came from, the view selection, is perfectly fine with me.

So, once these two usability issues have been addressed, what's the problem with this?

Issue
When press back on mce remote from timeline view it takes me to "view selection" just like it should. But on second press it closes timeline view and takes me to xbmc home meny with live tv running in the background (behind pictures, livetv, movies, music bar). Not always, but always from boot and if you stop and start live tv.

So what do i need to map in keymap.xml to always get right to full screen live tv from timeline view ? Or is it a bug ?

I would like it to be:
First press go to view selection
Second press close epg/timeline view and go back to fullscreen live tv
Third press with fullscreen live tv running, go to xbmc home meny (already works)
(2014-03-05, 19:12)Jönke Wrote: So what do i need to map in keymap.xml to always get right to full screen live tv from timeline view ? Or is it a bug ?

[TAB] will always take you to full screen video. On a MCE remote I have the LiveTV button mapped to it.
I have the green MCE button mapped so that it toggles fullscreen wherever you are.
Yeah i know that, already have my Green mce button for fullscreen, sorry if i wasn't clear but i want to use only one button (back) in this case.
Guess it is a xbmc issue and not a keymap.xml as it works the second time you do it.
I would pay real money to be able to type in a channel number on the EPG Screen... When you have a ton of channels, its a pain to have to scroll through them to get to the one you want.. You should just be able to type in 1232 and the EPG should go to that channel.
Will these features be in final Gotham release?
No , i think we have to wait for after Gotham
(2014-03-02, 00:21)Jönke Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 12:49)opdenkamp Wrote: Well you add one extra action that a user must perform to access the same thing. Context menu makes more sense I think, since we already got the code for it, and we access the functionality like that in the other epg windows too.

(2014-02-10, 22:07)xhaggi Wrote: i think we need this action on guide info osd, because of the less button remotes, which do not hold a context menu button.
anyway i don't like the idea of having a context menu on an osd window, which is only visible/accessible in fullscreen view.

Any news on this ?

no, this have to wait until after gotham.
Hell, it's done .. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4376

The titles of the first epg items are always shown at the left edge regardless of whether you scroll.

Nice xhaggi ! Hope you get this in for Gotham
(2014-03-08, 19:09)xhaggi Wrote: Hell, it's done .. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4376

The titles of the first epg items are always shown at the left edge regardless of whether you scroll.

Awesome Job.. Any chance you could add channel input on the EPG screen? Like let me type in 1232 and goto channel 1232?

Thanks!

Greg
Hey guys, so glad to see the timeline label fixed Smile

I have another suggestion to make the guide nicer to use - where there is a guide data 'hole' eg:
For channel 'x' I have guide data from 7pm-2am, then no guide data, then guide data again from 7pm-2am.

Instead of displaying 'no information available', have a label that says 'Programs resume at 7pm'
Hopefully this information could flow down to the 'TV Channels' view as currently if there is a guide data hole it always shows the next program (in the example above, if I view the TV Channels view at 3pm, it shows the current program as the one that actually starts at 7pm..

Edit - I should probably have pointed out, this is for channels that don't air 24 hours a day... channels that have no future guide data should still just display 'no information available' Smile
(2014-03-08, 21:39)Jönke Wrote: Nice xhaggi ! Hope you get this in for Gotham

it's merged so you can checkout todays nightly.
(2014-03-10, 08:02)xhaggi Wrote:
(2014-03-08, 21:39)Jönke Wrote: Nice xhaggi ! Hope you get this in for Gotham

it's merged so you can checkout todays nightly.

Phew, was beginning to think the Gotham epg would be a step back from Frodo...but this one is essential. Thanks
(2014-03-08, 19:09)xhaggi Wrote: Hell, it's done .. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4376

Just want to say thank you for fixing this. I just tested the latest nightly and it works very well. Excellent work!

/Marcus
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1