• 8(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
Not sure if it was directed towards me but there is no buffering on the RPI, it's simply stuttering as far as I can see with various increments. It never shows "buffering" or anything. It just freezes for a couple to several seconds before starting to play again.
(2014-12-11, 09:57)ironlung Wrote: A couple of side questions - Do you know if NBC and this addon show Champions League or any other type of football besides the Premier League?
And I am using the same VPN provider (PIA) on three different boxes; two NUCs and one Raspberry PI. The Nucs work great but the RPI is stuttering like hell unless I run it 900Kb/s SD mode. Can anyone please confirm or deny that the RPI (B and B+) can not run this addon in HD without stuttering like mad when using VPN? If anyone is using a Smart DNS, does this work in HD?

I have 2 raspberry pi's one wired and one wireless. The processor on the pi struggles with vpn encryption so you won't get download speeds over 800/900 kilobites p/s but the addon quality shows kilobits p/s so theoretically should have more than enough (if I understand this correctly) my wired pi has been running the golf channel @ 1400kbit and my wireless on @ 900kbit without stutter so will try again at the weekend

So do I understand correctly that the 2200kbit hd setting will need a 2.5 meg connection? If this is right my pi @ 700 kilobytes p/s has got 5.6 meg speed?? Smile

I to would like to know if anybody with a pi using smart dns can watch hd. As it should not slow down the speed like a vpn Wink
(2014-12-11, 10:28)FRAZEFAST Wrote: I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but I've had no buffering issues since upgrading to 14.0 Helix.

You may be correct, I have some other streams app on old builds and they dont load HD videos, but i just downloaded the Helix and the same videos loaded straight away and are smooth.
(2014-12-11, 09:57)ironlung Wrote: A couple of side questions - Do you know if NBC and this addon show Champions League or any other type of football besides the Premier League?

No champions league. Only EPL. Every game live/ replays.

ESPN 3 addon has champions league. Not all live games but most of them. You can watch all games in replay, though.
(2014-12-11, 18:48)Arse4life Wrote:

ESPN 3 addon has champions league. Not all live games but most of them. You can watch all games in replay, though.

Do you need ESPN3 login to view?
(2014-12-11, 12:09)YippeeKaiay Wrote:
And I am using the same VPN provider (PIA) on three different boxes; two NUCs and one Raspberry PI. The Nucs work great but the RPI is stuttering like hell unless I run it 900Kb/s SD mode. Can anyone please confirm or deny that the RPI (B and B+) can not run this addon in HD without stuttering like mad when using VPN? If anyone is using a Smart DNS, does this work in HD?

I have 2 raspberry pi's one wired and one wireless. The processor on the pi struggles with vpn encryption so you won't get download speeds over 800/900 kilobites p/s but the addon quality shows kilobits p/s so theoretically should have more than enough (if I understand this correctly) my wired pi has been running the golf channel @ 1400kbit and my wireless on @ 900kbit without stutter so will try again at the weekend

So do I understand correctly that the 2200kbit hd setting will need a 2.5 meg connection? If this is right my pi @ 700 kilobytes p/s has got 5.6 meg speed?? Smile

I to would like to know if anybody with a pi using smart dns can watch hd. As it should not slow down the speed like a vpn Wink

Thank you for the reply. I've been monitoring the streams and to me it seems they are fluctuating somewhat but I'd say 2.5Mbit/s is somewherein the correct ballpark for the HD ready 720p and probably around 3-5Mbit/s for the full HD. I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to say regarding theoretically should have more than enough.. But I can say that 1400Kbit is working OK too. I do get an ocassional stutter (though very seldom) while the 900Kbit/s is flawless. All my tests are wired and crosstested with the nuc using the same location. So I am going with your conclusion that wired can do 1400 and wlan will do 900 maximum at stable. It's kind of a bummer if so. Running full HD on the Nuc is so good..
(2014-12-11, 19:43)fe33er Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 18:48)Arse4life Wrote:

No, but ESPN 3 is only available to certain ISPs. My ISP (Comcast) is one of them.
Hi I have lots of issues with full replays watching the football. Is there any restrictions on this plugin.
Yes you need US VPN or SmartDNS.
(2014-12-12, 18:41)Arse4life Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 19:43)fe33er Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 18:48)Arse4life Wrote: No champions league. Only EPL. Every game live/ replays.

No, but ESPN 3 is only available to certain ISPs. My ISP (Comcast) is one of them.

Thanks mate, can you pm me a link to the up to date version of the plugin to give a bash?
Cheers
(2014-11-29, 17:36)Akki007 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 16:17)smokey666 Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 15:07)Akki007 Wrote: There no way nbc sports is free to all via the web, you need an appropriate cable subscription.

grr.Not commenting again after this.I`ll explain it a different way maybe then you will understand my point.

It`s no different to the people of America using the BBCi player as I have to pay a licence fee to watch the BBC channels & VOD content.Now do you UNDERSTAND!Plus they can use free tools as only the first request needs to be filtered through a proxy.With NBC the WHOLE stream needs to filtered though a one.Meaning you need a fast VPN or decent smartdns so for me the emphasis is on the user & not developer.

p.s I don`t personally care if login details are added Wink I support Chelsea so most of my matches are broadcast either on UK TV or other satellite feeds.I`m commenting for the supporters of the smaller clubs that DON`T get the chance to follow their team properly as tv rights are all screwed up & their games are hardly ever televised.

When NBC enforce login details then of course login details will have to be added.End of story.No more comments from me in this thread.

Only people I can actually see having problems with this are the scum of the earth(because they steal streams & sell them for their own) paid for streaming sites that claim to have ALL premier league matches.Are you perhaps a member of one of those?lol(joking of course)

Cheers,no drama needed.Just saying let peeps enjoy it whilst they still can.

I understand what you're saying, you're just wrong. NBCSN can only be accessed with a cable subscription. So the equivalent would be sky/virgin. It's free to access the online offer because you already pay for it via your cable sub, a la sky go. Now do you UNDERSTAND?

Just to clarify there are two separate services, NBC Sports Live Extra is free and available without a cable subscription. These are matches that are not broadcasted on the NBCSN channel. NBC Sports Live Extra works similar to the ESPN3.com website. Any matches that are broadcast on NBCSN are only available on-line if you have a valid cable subscription.
(2014-12-13, 19:30)redraymon Wrote: Just to clarify there are two separate services, NBC Sports Live Extra is free and available without a cable subscription. These are matches that are not broadcasted on the NBCSN channel. NBC Sports Live Extra works similar to the ESPN3.com website. Any matches that are broadcast on NBCSN are only available on-line if you have a valid cable subscription.

If that's the case why do I need to enter valid tv subscription details when trying to view anything on Live Extra other than The Golf Channel when viewing via the website or the Windows 8.1 app?
(2014-12-13, 15:54)fe33er Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 18:41)Arse4life Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 19:43)fe33er Wrote: Do you need ESPN3 login to view?

Thanks mate, can you pm me a link to the up to date version of the plugin to give a bash?
Cheers

Link to plugin? You can find both nbc sports and ESPN 3 in the Xbmc repo. Just search or look for it under video addons
Is this Add-on still working?

I could use it fine as recently as last weekend, but can't get any streams, or even old replays to load today. I've just renewed my DNS service with Unblock US and it says it's set-up properly, so it shouldn't be that.

[edit] Never mind, it seems to be working now, I think it's cos I had Zen Mate running on my browser so it was authorising Unblock US for the wrong IP.
I have recently added NBCLIVE EXTRA but i have been unable to watch most live sports and no replays.I sometimes get a box up saying "one or more items failed to play",can anyone solve this for me
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13