• 84(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
The HP fan does seem louder than I expected.

Is any sort of fan control possible?
(2014-09-03, 20:09)Matt Devo Wrote: I haven't gotten my hands on a HP yet, but the Asus is silent for the most part. I can get the fan make/model for comparison

I've seen your post on the thermal.c settings comparing HP/Asus/Coreboot.

Could we change them for HP ? Could I compile a custom fw with some other settings ?

PS : seems i got THE mce remote not working with this setup -__- Will do for FireTV.
If you're using my coreboot firmware, the HP/Asus are using the same settings/temp thresholds.
I'll PM you some commands to run to get more info on the IR receiver
Got the IR receiver working, than the harmony too using it \o/ (nothing to do just rebooted, unplugged, etc...).

Last gripe is the fan noise, there's definitely something *wrong* about the HP noise.
Hi
I`m trying to do the "Device Prep", but can`t get my HP to boot when I hold in the reset button at all. (I release it straight after I have pushed the power button)
It has not happen anything for about 5 minutes, is this normal or something I do wrong?

And, if I have understood this right, I don`t need to disable the write protect to handle dual boot? (I`ll manage to wait 30 sec at the start up)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
- It worked for me after several test, then had it every time. Shutdown by unplugging and try again. Should be instant don't wait for minutes
- I thought the same and finished with s non working openelec. Do it the right way the screw thing is easy.
- I`ll try some more.

- I`ll hate to let the guarantee go to waste really, on a brand new thing.
I don't see why it would void the warranty.
U do it calmly, and you can't notice the box has been opened, quite like a NUC bar the "tape" you have to remove (and reput).

I was in the exact same position as yours, and wanted the short path. it brought me troubles and I still had to do all the steps and open the box Big Grin
OK, then I`ll thing I will try.. Thanks for the help so far. :-)
so my problem with having no audio after waking from sleep seems to have corrected itself, not sure why but I am not complaining !

strange thing last night though, was playing a blu ray rip and every 10 minutes or so the video would stop for about 15 seconds while the audio was still playing. Then the video would do a fast forward and catch up to the audio.

Very strange and didn't get a chance to try another file so will try another tonight along with the same one and see what happens.

Anyone experience this before ?
(2014-09-04, 23:21)dchabby Wrote: so my problem with having no audio after waking from sleep seems to have corrected itself, not sure why but I am not complaining !

strange thing last night though, was playing a blu ray rip and every 10 minutes or so the video would stop for about 15 seconds while the audio was still playing. Then the video would do a fast forward and catch up to the audio.

Very strange and didn't get a chance to try another file so will try another tonight along with the same one and see what happens.

Anyone experience this before ?

are you using the recommended video acceleration settings as listed in the wiki? They are there specifically to address the issue you are having!
HP has a disassembly guide for the chromebox : http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizensh...521185.pdf

Let's see what happens if I unplug the fan Big Grin
(2014-09-04, 23:30)c0mm0n Wrote: Let's see what happens if I unplug the fan Big Grin
You overheat the box.
I didn't have the chance, I've not separated the two last parts but seems the fan is required to be plugged in for th box to boot.

Even if I unplug while running, it'll instantly shutdown.

Have to double check i'm taking off the good one, but there aren't that many options
So i've totally dismantled the HP and have it now running without the fan.

- Boot at 48° fan 0 rpm (i can see the fan now)
- Launch a 11mb Tv stream interlaced
- Cpu@50-60% and fan starts
- unplugged the fan at midnight.
- stream still ok.

By the time I had written this :
- Cpu is at 91° Big Grin
- Goes in degraded mode it seems, 80/90% load now, and tv stream not as smooth (probably some dropped frames).

Stopped the stream launched a 7gb mkv, temp went up to 94° and the device shutdown itself.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37