• 86(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Ok, trying one last time here: https://paste.kodi.tv/vowoguviqe.kodi

Set debugging to 1 in the advancedsettings.xml and turned it off in the gui.
Ok seems to be working now. I disabled PseudoTV, uninstalled the simple client, reinstalled simple client, reinstalled PseudoTV and then was able to move the location of where it's throwing the .xml and .m3u files onto a network drive and point pseudotv to the network drive. It worked.
I'm not able to get this working. I am on Kodi 20 (Libreelec 11.0.0), and have PseudoTV Live 0.40 installed, plus IPTV Simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am missing the Utilities options in the Miscellaneous settings in the PseudoTV plugin, so I can't do the step "Clean start is required. Use PseudoTV Live utilities found under Misc. Settings."
  • I get a PseudoTv Live Error when launching the addon
  • When I try to set the folder to "\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pseudotv.live\cache\" in IPTV Simple, I only see Settings.xml in the pseudotv plugin folder.
I tried uninstalling PseudoTV and IPTV Simple and reinstalling them. I have two different Kodi devices (both on Nexus), and get the same issue with both (though they are different hardware and different distros of Kodi). I previously had 0.38 installed, but got nowhere with that, presumably it was not compatible with Nexus anyway.

The part of the log that seems to be the problem is:

": EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'ImportError'> Error Contents: cannot import name 'Settings' from 'kodi' (/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kodi/__init__.pyc) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/default.py", line 21, in <module> from globals import * File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/globals.py", line 36, in <module> from kodi import Settings, Properties, Dialog, ListItems, Builtin ImportError: cannot import name 'Settings' from 'kodi' (/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kodi/__init__.pyc) -->End of Python script error report<--"

Full log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/elemademab
(2023-03-18, 12:29)djgreedo Wrote: I'm not able to get this working. I am on Kodi 20 (Libreelec 11.0.0), and have PseudoTV Live 0.40 installed, plus IPTV Simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am missing the Utilities options in the Miscellaneous settings in the PseudoTV plugin, so I can't do the step "Clean start is required. Use PseudoTV Live utilities found under Misc. Settings."
  • When I try to set the folder to "\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pseudotv.live\cache\" in IPTV Simple, I only see Settings.xml in the pseudotv plugin folder.
I tried uninstalling PseudoTV and IPTV Simple and reinstalling them. I have two different Kodi devices (both on Nexus), and get the same issue with both (though they are different hardware and different distros of Kodi). I previously had 0.38 installed, but got nowhere with that, presumably it was not compatible with Nexus anyway.

": EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'ImportError'> Error Contents: cannot import name 'Settings' from 'kodi' (/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kodi/__init__.pyc) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/default.py", line 21, in <module> from globals import * File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/globals.py", line 36, in <module> from kodi import Settings, Properties, Dialog, ListItems, Builtin ImportError: cannot import name 'Settings' from 'kodi' (/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kodi/__init__.pyc) -->End of Python script error report<--"

Full log:

I'm not sure why you're getting an import error, try reinstalling from my repository and rebooting your system afterwards. Thx

As for IPTV setup it's after PseudoTV builds channels. Otherwise you won't have files to set.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2023-03-18, 12:45)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm not sure why you're getting an import error, try reinstalling from my repository and rebooting your system afterwards.
Thanks for helping!

Unfortunately that didn't change anything. I uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed, rebooted. Same import error in the logs, same error message.
(2023-03-18, 12:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2023-03-18, 12:29)djgreedo Wrote: I'm not able to get this working. I am on Kodi 20 (Libreelec 11.0.0), and have PseudoTV Live 0.40 installed, plus IPTV Simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full log:

I'm not sure why you're getting an import error, try reinstalling from my repository and rebooting your system afterwards. Thx

As for IPTV setup it's after PseudoTV builds channels. Otherwise you won't have files to set.

Can you enable debugging level 1 in Kodi with debugging also enabled in PseudoTV and submit that log. Thx
(2023-03-18, 13:13)Lunatixz Wrote: Can you enable debugging level 1 in Kodi with debugging also enabled in PseudoTV and submit that log

Thanks again for helping with this. Here's the log with debugging level 1 enabled: https://paste.kodi.tv/anolofusiy
Congrats on the new release.  I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to refactor and we really appreciate it. 

After the update, shows are failing to play when PTVL transitions from the end of one to start the next.  I have the following client server set up and steps taken following the update:
  • Windows machine that runs kodi 20.1 24/7 to keep my "stations" full of content.  This is not used for content watching, just library and PTVL updates server.
  • Google TV built into my television running Kodi 20.1.  This is where I watch and where the log file is coming from in client mode.
After PTVL updated, I selected the "Clean Start" option in utilities.  I built my channel lineup on the windows machine and saved to a shared folder.  On my main TV running Google TV, I also ran the "Clean Start" after PTVL updated.  Everything seems to pull in as expected and I am able to launch content from the guide without issue.  I have attached a debug log following a failed transition between shows. If I can provide anything further please ask.

https://paste.kodi.tv/akaqehumoj.kodi
(2023-03-18, 18:44)mrdally204 Wrote: Congrats on the new release.  I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to refactor and we really appreciate it. 

After the update, shows are failing to play when PTVL transitions from the end of one to start the next.  I have the following client server set up and steps taken following the update:
  • Windows machine that runs kodi 20.1 24/7 to keep my "stations" full of content.  This is not used for content watching, just library and PTVL updates server.
  • Google TV built into my television running Kodi 20.1.  This is where I watch and where the log file is coming from in client mode.
After PTVL updated, I selected the "Clean Start" option in utilities.  I built my channel lineup on the windows machine and saved to a shared folder.  On my main TV running Google TV, I also ran the "Clean Start" after PTVL updated.  Everything seems to pull in as expected and I am able to launch content from the guide without issue.  I have attached a debug log following a failed transition between shows. If I can provide anything further please ask.

https://paste.kodi.tv/akaqehumoj.kodi
Try clearing the guidedata and channel cache data in Kodi's settings "PVR & LiveTV" then Restart Kodi
I was able to clear the guide, but I was unable to locate the channel cache you referenced. Any help locating this would be appreciated. Clearing guide data pulled in the expected channels on next kodi load but failed in the same way.
(2023-03-19, 06:55)mrdally204 Wrote: I was able to clear the guide, but I was unable to locate the channel cache you referenced. Any help locating this would be appreciated. Clearing guide data pulled in the expected channels on next kodi load but failed in the same way.

The failed playback is on your client setup? Does the server end function correctly?

Are you launching from a skin widget or the EPG guide?

You can clear in PVR Live TV by using first menu tab, clear data, click ok

::Update::

Reviewing your log, the issue is fixed by clearing Kodi LiveTV data... IPTV simple and in return Kodi's UI hasn't yet updated.

Your UI may show listings, however Kodis database is null.

I'm adding code now to prompt users to force reload the PVR when this error arises; THX

Please test v.0.4.0a, THX
Since my last reply I've only made the situation worse Smile  I'm attempting to remove all settings and addins to start from a fresh install of PTVL.  I know this isn't really testing your fix you put in for 4.0a and apologize for tinkering to the point of breaking that attempt before being able to test...    I'm installing right now and I noticed IPTV Manager is not part of the dependency addons being installed.  Is this addon no longer necessary as I believe it was part of the dependency list when I first installed PTVL.  I'm going to move forward as is and see what comes of it.

EDIT: 
Attempting to set up from as close to scratch as possible without uninstalling Kodi, my results were different this time.  I was able to configure my channels and the xml files were stored in the shared location as expected.  However, the channel lineup never populates in the TV section of Kodi. 
https://paste.kodi.tv/virahuhili.kodi

EDIT 2: This log was captured on the windows machine, functioning as the server. Channel line up was not populated on the server. I have not had a chance to reconfigure the clients yet.
(2023-03-19, 21:18)mrdally204 Wrote: Since my last reply I've only made the situation worse Smile  I'm attempting to remove all settings and addins to start from a fresh install of PTVL.  I know this isn't really testing your fix you put in for 4.0a and apologize for tinkering to the point of breaking that attempt before being able to test...    I'm installing right now and I noticed IPTV Manager is not part of the dependency addons being installed.  Is this addon no longer necessary as I believe it was part of the dependency list when I first installed PTVL.  I'm going to move forward as is and see what comes of it.

EDIT: 
Attempting to set up from as close to scratch as possible without uninstalling Kodi, my results were different this time.  I was able to configure my channels and the xml files were stored in the shared location as expected.  However, the channel lineup never populates in the TV section of Kodi. 
https://paste.kodi.tv/virahuhili.kodi

EDIT 2: This log was captured on the windows machine, functioning as the server. Channel line up was not populated on the server. I have not had a chance to reconfigure the clients yet.
Thanks fix in v.0.4.0b
However, the error in your log would not have kept your channels from building. It is important to make sure IPTV simple is setup to refresh the m3u entries.
(2023-03-17, 23:58)Lunatixz Wrote: v.0.4.0 releasing today!

Known issues:
  • Requires Kodi Nexus!
  • Clean start is required. Use PseudoTV Live utilities found under Misc. Settings.
  • IPTV Simple will require manual configuration due to its new multi-instance feature. Once Kodi's API is updated to support multi-instance the process will be automated (M3U/XMLTV/GENRE paths require configuration). Default path
    xml:
    \userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.pseudotv.live\cache\
  • Some TV based channels may display "Show" as a genre, Fix already created and is awaiting merge to Kodi.
  • There maybe unknown bugs; I have not previously encountered. If you can't accept this, please do not use this update! THX

New features:
  • Multi-Path Channels - Using the channel manager users can mix Kodi sources to create a single channel. Smartplaylist, plugins, etc; Complex content control is pending via advanced channel rules and the accompanying Web UI Channel Manager.
  • "Mixed" Smartplaylists - Users can now create "Mixed" Movie/TV Smartplaylist. Instructions can be found in the readme.
  • Channel bug position tool - Users can select the channel bug position; pending with advanced channel rules the position can be different between individual channels.
  • Idle background building - Low power devices (AndroidTV/AppleTV) can become taxed while building background channels and may yield poor channel changing performance. All PseudoTV Live library/channel updates now take place when the system is idle (ie. user is not navigating Kodi). Users interested in unlocking the true performance potential of PseudoTV Live are encouraged to use a PC or setup a PC PseudoTV Live server for channel building. See the readme for details.

Please submit all bugs with a full debug log; Suggestions, feedback and feature requests are encouraged... Enjoy!

Awesome for channel bug position and idle background building. I use andriod tv so hopefully it helps performance. Will try it out
Removing my message that clearly described how I did not follow directions. I manually set up the xml locations and my channels are now populating...because IPTV Simple knows where to find them.  Will follow up on how the testing goes via an edit to this message.

Edit:
I'm still not able to transition from the end of one episode to starting the next.  I did not receive an error prompt this time.  The static transition shows for a brief moment then playback stops.  

https://paste.kodi.tv/ohufemibob.kodi
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4