• 9(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
I am going to be cross posting this update to the Emby forums tomorrow for those of you that are over there as well. Given how long it's taking to complete work on 3.2.05 I have decided to implement further changes not initially disclosed as they weren't planned until 3.2.10:
  • IMDB250 Will Be Replaced with Skin Helper Function (Removing Further Legacy Code)
  • Rotten Tomatoes Ratings (Either via an already agreed upon use-of-code or via the built in Skin Helper Function [whichever looks better])
  • Final Backport of AZ:E (to ensure everything is where it should be)
  • Slipstream Updates of the AZ Base Skin (to further improve code compatibility and functionality)

An additional idea I have been toying with to further optimize the size of this skin is something fellow author @im85288 and @badaas had started doing and was replacing certain textures with font face icons. Depending on how integral I can be with this, it may replace the majority of the symbolization system within AZ:FA for flags like resolution and encoding, etc. The watch indicators will of course be returning back to base AZ's version.

With the way things are developing, 3.2.05 will become the "Spring Update" (released by end of April/start of May) and 3.2.10 the "Summer Update" (released by start of June).

Also, the Audio Suite which is in Kodi's official repository will be receiving a version bump from 3.0.01 to 4.0.00 to match the "Danvers" version line with the release of 3.2.05 so for those of you that watch the repository submissions you'll see me making those updates before I announce 3.2.05's release.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Looking forward to it! Especially the rotten tomatoe reviews!

Will this fix an error that I continue to receive....

Exception in ContentProvider
Unknown Kind "

I only get this when using AZ: FA
Kodi Jarvis
Artic Zephyr: From Ashes
Quantum Access PC Stick Atom (Quad-core) 1.33 GHz Z3735F processor.
Windows 8.1 2GB DDR3
8TB Storage
Hello, I really like this mod, but I would like it to be something more customizable, for example the logo of view or to put movie posters and fanart characters.

A greeting and thank you very much for the work
@Guardian Hope

Did you fix the Banner Info problem? If not, can you PM me? I have some questions I would like to ask you about.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T550
Awesome skin! I just installed it today but I love it so far.

Quick question... I've searched both the forum and the skin's settings, and I can't figure out how to change what I think is a fairly minor thing.

For the TV "Recently Added" widget, how do I display the main show thumb\poster and not the season thumb\poster? I know (I think) that in vanilla AZ it defaults to the show poster.

Any quick file edits I can make to accomplish this?
(2016-04-12, 20:30)quixote23 Wrote: Awesome skin! I just installed it today but I love it so far.

Quick question... I've searched both the forum and the skin's settings, and I can't figure out how to change what I think is a fairly minor thing.

For the TV "Recently Added" widget, how do I display the main show thumb\poster and not the season thumb\poster? I know (I think) that in vanilla AZ it defaults to the show poster.

Any quick file edits I can make to accomplish this?

I think I managed to figure this out by taking a stab in the dark and deleting the following line (at line 65 in Includes_Images.xml):

Quote:<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.poster)]</value>

No idea if this is the "right" way to do things but it seems like the posters have now reverted back to series posters rather than individual season posters.
Okay, for some reason the forum is not letting me multi-quote but I will address all of you (in order). However, first and foremost, the "Info Banner" has been put on the "back burner" for now as it is taking up way too much development time and I honestly can't figure out what's wrong with it and I have tried a variety of ways. The best I can get is the "black box glitch."

@Moor208: I wasn't even aware of this problem. When this issue occurs, are you performing a certain action?

@minus0: We chatted over PM about this but as I did say just now; the info banner is taking up way too much development time so I am shelving the feature request unless I or someone else can figure out why the heck it won't display but glitches out into a "black box glitch" even if you follow down the line of the extended old AZ:E version (2.0.13-2.0.15 were never meant for release but the code for them exists in an unstable state) and the base AZ skin.

@quixote23: As I knock on proverbial wood, this sounds like an easy request to fulfill to make it a user's choice. From Ashes is really going to need some more settings pages at this rate.

Now on a side note, some slipstream updates from the base AZ theme will be in 3.2.05 which as of now is 3.2.10 (summer will be 3.2.20) and should fix a bit of things that are broken (and probably break a few things too). Most updates will focus in the widgets and music areas which are areas I haven't touched in a long time.
Heads Up: For those that download via the Enterprise CDN file for the initial install; the Enterprise CDN will be undergoing maintenance this weekend meaning that at certain times the file will be inaccessible. I will update this thread when that normal operations of the Enterprise CDN resume.

3.2.10 (formerly 3.2.05) is also coming a long nicely now that I diverted my focus away from the info banner. @minus0 has taken up that cause and a little more customization options I believe (widget colors, etc.).

3.2.10 will be released by the end of this month before I leave to close on my new home in Moorpark, CA.
[quote='Guardian Hope' pid='2310817' dateline='1460659670']
Okay, for some reason the forum is not letting me multi-quote but I will address all of you (in order). However, first and foremost, the "Info Banner" has been put on the "back burner" for now as it is taking up way too much development time and I honestly can't figure out what's wrong with it and I have tried a variety of ways. The best I can get is the "black box glitch."

@Moor208: I wasn't even aware of this problem. When this issue occurs, are you performing a certain action?

It happens randomly, navigating menus, browsing movies, etc ... Also happens when switching from one TV series to the next.

Being a long time Windows Media Center since 2005 I figure it was time for an upgrade. And the only reason I did make the switch to Kodi was because I stumbled across your skin.Making the switch to Kodi has been pretty frustrating, AZ: FA has been great and its an amazing skin! But Kodi, to me ... seems pretty unstable. Kodi continues to crash and it drives me nuts. But i'm working through it. Anyway ...

For what its worth, i'd like to see some additional options and features. Things like ...

1. Option to reduce the length of the reflection from movie posters when browsing through media, screenshot below.

Main menu options and navigation.

1. A slide up and down animation when scrolling up or down.
2. On sub menus, would like to see an option to add a submenu labal at the top, for example my sub menu for "Movies" looks like this...

Movie Menu:

New Releases
Featured
In Theaters
Most Popular

It works just fine the way i'm doing it, but it defaults to "Movie Menu:" If it would default to the first menu item, "New Releases" it would just look better.

3. Widgets for sub menus
4. You may be aware of this, but icons do not display on sub menus

I'd also like to ask a few questions ...

1. What is "Use Fake Logo" ?
2. I have "Animate Logo" checked and i'm pretty sure the logos don't "Animate"
3. What does the option "Blur Level" actually do? I've adjusted this and don't see a difference anywhere within the skin
4. Is it possible to display a News Ticker ONLY in the Movie Library? or on a Sub Menu? Would be nice to display "Upcoming Movies: Blah, Blah, Blah" etc ...

Well, I guess that's about it for now... I could do this all day, but I won't be too annoying right now!

Appreciate all your help! Again, thanks for replying and being super helpful! And thanks for a crazy awesome skin!
Kodi Jarvis
Windows 8.1 2GB DDR3
8TB Storage
Awesome skin! Real clean and sharp.

But the Watched icon.. Omg.. Bright pink? Really? Is it possible to change this?
Ballistic Wrote:Awesome skin! Real clean and sharp.

But the Watched icon.. Omg.. Bright pink? Really? Is it possible to change this?

@Ballistic: The pink is a result of a wrong hex color code but I have never bothered to change it because a lot of the colors are user selectable since the last release. This is why in my screenshots they are white. You can find the setting in Skin Settings. @minus0 is [I believe] working on an update to the color selector which will allow further color customization.

@Moor208: I will need a little more time than I have to respond properly to you Smile. I'll respond soon.
No worries, take your time!
Kodi Jarvis
Windows 8.1 2GB DDR3
8TB Storage
@Rubicon99

I am unable to reply to private messages, unfortunately ...

So i'll basically just reply here as others have inquired as well. Now, weather this is the "proper" way to Accomplish this task or not, I do not know! What I do know... is that it works. I haven't done any coding in over 20 years and I just took a chance with this and it worked out. Pretty simple really ... I did actually get some of this from another post a while ago. If I remembered where, i'd give credit to that person... I just don't remember.

For anyone interested in having the rotten tomatoes reviews, this is the code I used:

Code:
<!--START ROTTEN TOMATOES RATINGS -->

<control type="image">
        <description>Rotten logo</description>
        <left>1575</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>130</top>
        <orientation>vertical</orientation>
    <width>265</width>
        <height>150</height>
    <texture>http://s23.postimg.org/nw37rbb97/Rotten_Tomatoes_480x300.png</texture>
</control>        

<control type="image">
        <description>Rotten logo 59% or less</description>
        <left>1590</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
    <width>45</width>
        <height>45</height>
    <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/rotten.png</texture>
        <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 59) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

<control type="image">
        <description>Tomato logo Between 60-74% only</description>
        <left>1590</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
        <width>45</width>
        <height>45</height>
        <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/fresh.png</texture>
        <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 59) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 74)</visible>
</control>

<control type="image">
               <description>Certified Fresh logo 75%+ only</description>
               <left>1590</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
              <width>55</width>
              <height>55</height>
              <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/icons/cf-lg.png</texture>
              <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 74)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="label">
             <left>1650</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>235</top>

<centertop>50%</centertop>
                 <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                <font>RottenTomatoes</font>

<label>[B]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter)]%[/B]</label>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="image">
              <description>Popcorn Logo</description>
             <left>1725</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
               <width>45</width>
               <height>45</height>
               <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/popcorn.png</texture>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 59)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="image">
                <description>Popcorn - Rotten Logo</description>
              <left>1725</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
                 <width>45 </width>
                <height>45</height>

<texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/spilt.png</texture>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 0) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 59) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="label">
                 <left>1780</left>
          <right>SidePad</right>
      <top>235</top>

<aligny>center</aligny>
                 <label fallback="19055">[B]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter)]%[/B]</label>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 0) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

<!--END ROTTEN TOMATOES RATINGS -->
Kodi Jarvis
Windows 8.1 2GB DDR3
8TB Storage
(2016-04-10, 03:57)Guardian Hope Wrote: The watch indicators will of course be returning back to base AZ's version

I serious love the work you are doing on this skin mate, but this, is what im most excited about. I was JUST looking at a way to put back the "old" style indicators!

Im also glad to hear about the media tags (720p, 1080p, time, etc), i was never a fan of the Graphic ones, and had changed them to the orginal text based ones in AZ, would be fabulous to see this as an option in your skin.

Once again your going great work, thankyou!
(2016-04-19, 07:29)Moor208 Wrote: @Rubicon99

I am unable to reply to private messages, unfortunately ...

So i'll basically just reply here as others have inquired as well. Now, weather this is the "proper" way to Accomplish this task or not, I do not know! What I do know... is that it works. I haven't done any coding in over 20 years and I just took a chance with this and it worked out. Pretty simple really ... I did actually get some of this from another post a while ago. If I remembered where, i'd give credit to that person... I just don't remember.

For anyone interested in having the rotten tomatoes reviews, this is the code I used:

Code:
<!--START ROTTEN TOMATOES RATINGS -->

<control type="image">
        <description>Rotten logo</description>
        <left>1575</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>130</top>
    <width>265</width>
        <height>150</height>
    <texture>http://s23.postimg.org/nw37rbb97/Rotten_Tomatoes_480x300.png</texture>
</control>        

<control type="image">
        <description>Rotten logo 59% or less</description>
        <left>1590</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
    <width>45</width>
        <height>45</height>
    <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/rotten.png</texture>
        <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 59) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

<control type="image">
        <description>Tomato logo Between 60-74% only</description>
        <left>1590</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
        <width>45</width>
        <height>45</height>
        <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/fresh.png</texture>
        <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 59) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 74)</visible>
</control>

<control type="image">
               <description>Certified Fresh logo 75%+ only</description>
               <left>1590</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
              <width>55</width>
              <height>55</height>
              <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/icons/cf-lg.png</texture>
              <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 74)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="label">
             <left>1650</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>235</top>

<label>[B]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter)]%[/B]</label>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesMeter), 0) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="image">
              <description>Popcorn Logo</description>
             <left>1725</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
               <width>45</width>
               <height>45</height>
               <texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/popcorn.png</texture>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 59)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="image">
                <description>Popcorn - Rotten Logo</description>
              <left>1725</left>
    <right>SidePad</right>
    <top>245</top>
                 <width>45 </width>
                <height>45</height>

<texture>http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/trademark/spilt.png</texture>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 0) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 59) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

<control type="label">
                 <left>1780</left>
          <right>SidePad</right>
      <top>235</top>

<aligny>center</aligny>
                 <label fallback="19055">[B]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter)]%[/B]</label>
                <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesAudienceMeter), 0) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>

<!--END ROTTEN TOMATOES RATINGS -->

@Moor208:

Don't worry, I still have to get back to you on all the other customizations but this was something I can touch on fairly easily to say you pretty much nailed the code. Naturally, there'll be minor changes in the "official" version like integrating the texture into the skin rather than remote calling it but that's not something everyone can do as the media for this skin is compressed into xbt format so what you did was spot on.

Virtually the only things that would be happening is some minor positioning and texture integration plus some additional comments.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7