• 9(current)
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.00
Agitator Wrote:Ok guys her is the date of the build T3ch rev16762 30.12.2008 Blush

I searched but did not remember where the altmassive font came from?
Mhm sorry guys!
As Paul said you can choose the altdefault fontBlush

Perhaps look here?http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cfea3...952dde4a38

And for those who wants some own testing
Search for all Mediastream versions you can find plus mods,
now rename all textures (find in media folder of the Skin)to textures1 textures2 textures3 ..... copy all this textures.xpr into the mediastream v1
media folder!
tada you can choose the textures fast from whithin the Skin!
Test yourself what textures are best for you!

The best for me is the one from paul called MediaStreamV1_lite
the textures is about 15,7 MbCool
From my experience all others textures if 5Mb or 11Mb results in less memory!Shocked

will do some testing today with some small fontsNod
Thanks for that mate at last someone else who has noticed that a small file size = more memory consumptionBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Ok i don't mind people complaining but please do post in the correct thread as this thred is for Mediastream V1_lite. as to your question regarding versions the mod version uses version 0.5 and please no wise cracks about my name at least i use my real name unlike most people

Paul,

Please calm down... you take offense way to easy. First off MY name is PAUL also so it was not a "wise crack"!

Second, I am not sure where you get that I was complaining... I was simply asking a question because I am stupid/ lazy/ or just unsure. I see that we are talking about fonts and some altdefault/altmassive fonts here... and that is my question. All you would have to say is the altMassive is not in the V1_lite. Please try to use Minimalko's mod_lite thread etc...

I love the work you have done for the xbox and mediastream. I am just trying to sort out what version I would like to use. I do like your work and appreciate everything that you have contributed.

Have a good day.
SoBBie <<< AKA Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!
super_sobbie Wrote:Paul,

Please calm down... you take offense way to easy. First off MY name is PAUL also so it was not a "wise crack"!

Second, I am not sure where you get that I was complaining... I was simply asking a question because I am stupid/ lazy/ or just unsure. I see that we are talking about fonts and some altdefault/altmassive fonts here... and that is my question. All you would have to say is the altMassive is not in the V1_lite. Please try to use Minimalko's mod_lite thread etc...

I love the work you have done for the xbox and mediastream. I am just trying to sort out what version I would like to use. I do like your work and appreciate everything that you have contributed.

Have a good day.
SoBBie <<< AKA Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fair comment i respect you for your calm response but how was i supposed to know it was in refference to your name? it just sounded like you were being a little cheeky about the name.
Regarding fonts if your using Minimalko's modlite you could try takeing the fonts from version you and renameing them to the ones in minimalko's modlite i see no reason why it should not work, i will give it a try myself tonight if it works better i will upload it.
And sorry if i did not make the font issue clearer from the startBig Grin
Paul,

Thanks again for your help and all the hard work you put in through this forum Big Grin . I will try to move the fonts around as well and see what I get. Have a Great day/evening.

Thanks again,
Paul <<< SoBBie Wink
Having trouble getting fanart to show with MediastreamV1.00_lite...

In other skins Fanart shows up, I even tried the Full-featured release Mediastream but still didn't work. Unless I overlooked a option to check I believe I have everything checked properly to enable Fanart.

I used the skin on my windows machine and everything shows up fine...

Heres my setup in case theres an error with my setup:
Xbox-softmodded
T3CH XBMC 2009-02-18 SVN rev17820 release
Streaming via SMB access
Regular XBOX AV cables (ordered new HD cables, so I can get 720).

Thx for any replies
Exclamation 
first off great work you have done its helped out alot freeing up memory for me and now my xbmc rig runs great. but i have run into a few issues this is mainly with this version of the skin, which seems to free the most memory for me. i have pics to show you better what i mean. when i see the clock big 12:00pm example the pm still sticks out. on the apple movie times script the counter sticks out of the boarder, and the big one for me when I'm in library mod for movies i have it as media preview now when i have fan art or just the normal background the filter i guess your using shows black and gray spots on the main section of it, if i do it in other view mods i don't see it most of the time. (see pictures for what I'm talking about) i also notice this with album covers too.

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...qciuvi.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...rnmesh.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...tcqckk.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...ukxpaq.jpg
Till All Are One!!!!!
Aucard The 3rd Wrote:first off great work you have done its helped out alot freeing up memory for me and now my xbmc rig runs great. but i have run into a few issues this is mainly with this version of the skin, which seems to free the most memory for me. i have pics to show you better what i mean. when i see the clock big 12:00pm example the pm still sticks out. on the apple movie times script the counter sticks out of the boarder, and the big one for me when I'm in library mod for movies i have it as media preview now when i have fan art or just the normal background the filter i guess your using shows black and gray spots on the main section of it, if i do it in other view mods i don't see it most of the time. (see pictures for what I'm talking about) i also notice this with album covers too.

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...qciuvi.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...rnmesh.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...tcqckk.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/pers...ukxpaq.jpg
Hi aucard nothing i can do about the clock and counter but i can resolve the issue with the other problems i will create a new texures pack in the next day or 2 when i find some spare time inbetween testing serenity etc. but i will find time will post back as soon as it's done. ps glad it's sorted your memory woes
This fresh textures.xpr should clearup the graphical errors just unzip and place this file in your mediastreams media folder overwrite the old one with it http://www.mediafire.com/?e2kvwlimnmy
thanks paul. the texture pack helped out greatly i don't have the black spots anymore and memory usage seems to be down a meg or 2. i did change my fonts to classic and i noticed a 3-4 meg free up, but i want to try this altmassive font that was mentioned a few posted back and see how it does on my rig. Thanks again paul.Laugh
Till All Are One!!!!!
mcborzu Wrote:Having trouble getting fanart to show with MediastreamV1.00_lite...

In other skins Fanart shows up, I even tried the Full-featured release Mediastream but still didn't work. Unless I overlooked a option to check I believe I have everything checked properly to enable Fanart.

I used the skin on my windows machine and everything shows up fine...

Heres my setup in case theres an error with my setup:
Xbox-softmodded
T3CH XBMC 2009-02-18 SVN rev17820 release
Streaming via SMB access
Regular XBOX AV cables (ordered new HD cables, so I can get 720).

Thx for any replies
Try rolling back to Build 17349 from T3CH as there have been issues with later builds
That may fix your fanart issues Smile
Aucard The 3rd Wrote:thanks paul. the texture pack helped out greatly i don't have the black spots anymore and memory usage seems to be down a meg or 2. i did change my fonts to classic and i noticed a 3-4 meg free up, but i want to try this altmassive font that was mentioned a few posted back and see how it does on my rig. Thanks again paul.Laugh
High the alt massive font came from Version .95 of mediastream my other xbox lite skin is based on that but why Bother changeing it if your happy with the one you have.
I was carefull not to compress the .xpr too much that's what caused the problem and thats why it uses a fraction more memory if your still having some problems the icons can be stripped out and the preview banners can also be removed this may help you further.
Hey Paul.

Whats new in this version

MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox).rar Uploaded 03/10/2009

Compared to the old one

MediaStreamV1_lite(default Textures)
Rion Wrote:Hey Paul.

Whats new in this version

MediaStreamMod_v2.1(xbox).rar Uploaded 03/10/2009

Compared to the old one

MediaStreamV1_lite(default Textures)

The two skins you mention are in fact two different skins.
MediastreamMod_v2.1 is actually Minimalko's mod made better for xbox hence my other thread.......

This thread refers to MediastreamV1_lite(default Textures)
This skin has not been replaced as yet but if you do have the same graphical issues as aucard (read above) then using the link in my signature there is a replacement Textures.xpr for your skin if you need the full skin i can and will be uploading it as and when i get the time
In the mean time try out the mod version as in my oppinion it's the better anywaySmile
Probably a newbie issue but, Paul, I'm not seeing the mediastream files through your link. Only seeing an Aeon skin.

Help would be appreciated.
You can download the the mod version from my link at the bottom but the V1_lite has been deleted because of Small error in one of the texture files.
Besides the mod look's better anyway
Thx for th reply paul....

Actually I didn't realize I was using whatever xbox release you get from ***** when I bought another XBOX for another TV, and on that XBOX I definately was using the newest release and fanart was working perfectly....
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.001