• 94(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
How did you do it exactly?
(2017-07-24, 19:36)sidneysides Wrote: Just tried it - seems to fixed now - legend!
Thanks CaptainT, that's fixed it for me.

Enjoy your holiday !
(2017-07-25, 01:25)4kaz Wrote: I wish I understood where and what I'm supposed be looking for to get BBC working.
(2017-07-24, 19:18)CaptainT Wrote: If you want to give it a try, you can fetch 3.0.13 or 2.5.21 from GitHub to see if it fixes your issues. Both are on their way to the official repo already.

Just wait a couple of days then, it'll update itself, once CaptainT fix has been accepted & put in the repository.
Regards
Kevin
(2017-07-25, 11:53)bleep42 Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 01:25)4kaz Wrote: I wish I understood where and what I'm supposed be looking for to get BBC working.
(2017-07-24, 19:18)CaptainT Wrote: If you want to give it a try, you can fetch 3.0.13 or 2.5.21 from GitHub to see if it fixes your issues. Both are on their way to the official repo already.

Just wait a couple of days then, it'll update itself, once CaptainT fix has been accepted & put in the repository.
Regards
Kevin
It already is on the official repo, so you should get it anytime now by automatic updates.
Hi guys, hope this is not considered off topic.

To use BBC Iplayer one needs to have inputstream adaptive and RTMP enabled.

In Kodi 17.0 there is no RTMP setting. I have found many addons which are supposed to add RTMP setting to Kodi, but all fail to install.

Is there a way to get both this setting visible and/or enabled in Kodi 17.0 for Android?
(2017-07-26, 19:18)basjke Wrote: Hi guys, hope this is not considered off topic.

In Kodi 17.0 there is no RTMP setting. I have found many addons which are supposed to add RTMP setting to Kodi, but all fail to install.

Is there a way to get both this setting visible and/or enabled in Kodi 17.0 for Android?

You can get away with just using HLS streams in iPlayer WWW although they are a bit screwed in Krypton and take a few seconds to unfreeze.

You should really update to 17.3 if you can as there were some potentially harmful bugs in earlier Krypton releases to do with subtitle providers.

inputstream adaptive and rtmp are probably ok in 17.3 but have been hit and miss in various 17.x versions on different devices.
Sometimes they were missing or not working as expected.
(2017-07-26, 19:25)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:18)basjke Wrote: Hi guys, hope this is not considered off topic.

You can get away with just using HLS streams in iPlayer WWW although they are a bit screwed in Krypton and take a few seconds to unfreeze.

You should really update to 17.3 if you can as there were some potentially harmful bugs in earlier Krypton releases to do with subtitle providers.

inputstream adaptive and rtmp are probably ok in 17.3 but have been hit and miss in various 17.x versions on different devices.

I get your point about the upgrade, but this is for people with Android 4.4 who want to be able to install Kodi 17 builds.

So far none of the forks, however there are a few who claim to be 17.1 based and also show a such in the system info, have the settings for these.

I know there was no such setting in 17.0 and 17.2, but it was there in 17.1 and 17.3.
(2017-07-26, 19:31)basjke Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:25)primaeval Wrote:

I get your point about the upgrade, but this is for people with Android 4.4 who want to be able to install Kodi 17 builds.

So far none of the forks, however there are a few who claim to be 17.1 based and also show a such in the system info, have the settings for these.

I know there was no such setting in 17.0 and 17.2, but it was there in 17.1 and 17.3.

It really does depend on who made the build and whether they were able to compile the inputstream and rtmp libraries for that platform.
Sometimes we saw inputstream missing from some pretty major platforms.
(2017-07-26, 19:34)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:31)basjke Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:25)primaeval Wrote: You can get away with just using HLS streams in iPlayer WWW although they are a bit screwed in Krypton and take a few seconds to unfreeze.

It really does depend on who made the build and whether they were able to compile the inputstream and rtmp libraries for that platform.

Let me see if i understand you correctly.

I create the build on Kodi 17.3 with inputstream adaptive and rtmp enabled.

I then back up and restore the build on one of the forks, but there are still no settings visible in the addons menu.

Do you mean that because the build was taken from a Kodi 17.3 install, those settings are enabled anyway?
(2017-07-26, 19:39)basjke Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:34)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:31)basjke Wrote: I get your point about the upgrade, but this is for people with Android 4.4 who want to be able to install Kodi 17 builds.

I then back up and restore the build on one of the forks, but there are still no settings visible in the addons menu.

Do you mean that because the build was taken from a Kodi 17.3 install, those settings are enabled anyway?

I'm talking about the actual build of the Kodi exe and associated libraries not an addon type build.
The inputstream and rtmp libraries are built like the optional pvr binary addons and packaged up in the installer.
Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Sometimes they had different versions on some platforms than others (eg Linux than Windows).

Depending on where your Android 4.4 fork of Krypton started the inputstream and rtmp binaries probably weren't compiled for it.
(2017-07-26, 19:43)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:34)primaeval Wrote: It really does depend on who made the build and whether they were able to compile the inputstream and rtmp libraries for that platform.

I'm talking about the actual build of the Kodi exe and associated libraries not an addon type build.
The inputstream and rtmp libraries are built like the optional pvr binary addons and packaged up in the installer.
Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Sometimes they had different versions on some platforms than others (eg Linux than Windows).

Depending on where your Android 4.4 fork of Krypton started the inputstream and rtmp binaries probably weren't compiled for it.

The latest fork I tried is the EBMC fork which is based on Mygica 17.1, and shows in the system info as Kodi 17.1

Can you point me where to look if the correct libraries are present or not, and what to look for?
(2017-07-26, 19:34)primaeval Wrote: It really does depend on who made the build and whether they were able to compile the inputstream and rtmp libraries for that platform.

Ok I found where to find them.

In Kodi 17.3 they are there but in the EBMC both inputstream adaptive and RTMP are missing.

Is it as easy as copy and past them from the Kodi 17.3 assets/addons to EBMC assets/addons , or is that a bit too simplistic?

You do not need RTMP for this add-on. RTMP is not used at all, only DASH (through InputStream Adaptive) or HLS (through the standard video player).
(2017-07-26, 19:48)basjke Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:39)basjke Wrote: Let me see if i understand you correctly.

The latest fork I tried is the EBMC fork which is based on Mygica 17.1, and shows in the system info as Kodi 17.1

Can you point me where to look if the correct libraries are present or not, and what to look for?

As a start if you don't see the addon in the Kodi settings it probably isn't there.
System->Add-ons->My Add-ons->VideoPlayer.InputStream -> InputStream Adaptive

There are two places where the addons live. The ones installed with Kodi and the additional user ones.
inputstream and rtmp should be in the Kodi system addons folder.
On Windows it is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\library.kodi.inputstream\libKODI_inputstream.dll
On Android it is somewhere in /data. I've been trying to find it on my phone but I can't right now.
You need root access and a good file manager. I wiped my system the other day as I got some random adverts that I couldn't get rid of. ES File Manger might have been the culprit so I'm not going to install that again.
(2017-07-26, 20:09)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:48)basjke Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:43)primaeval Wrote: I'm talking about the actual build of the Kodi exe and associated libraries not an addon type build.

As a start if you don't see the addon in the Kodi settings it probably isn't there.
System->Add-ons->My Add-ons->VideoPlayer.InputStream -> InputStream Adaptive

There are two places where the addons live. The ones installed with Kodi and the additional user ones.
inputstream and rtmp should be in the Kodi system addons folder.
On Windows it is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\library.kodi.inputstream\libKODI_inputstream.dll
On Android it is somewhere in /data. I've been trying to find it on my phone but I can't right now.
You need root access and a good file manager. I wiped my system the other day as I got some random adverts that I couldn't get rid of. ES File Manger might have been the culprit so I'm not going to install that again.

Ok I found where to find them.

In Kodi 17.3 they are there but in the EBMC both inputstream adaptive and RTMP are missing.

Is it as easy as copy and paste them from the Kodi 17.3 assets/addons to EBMC assets/addons , or is that a bit too simplistic?
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12