• 96(current)
Release MLB.TV®
I got 720P steam last night in garage on a onn.tv box fresh install. 

PC I'm getting SD tonight. 

Edit: Ok it changed settings in input stream adaptive. 
Then I was able to switch to 720 streams using that video setting button by the seek bar or w/e. 
Thanks
First off - thanks for this addon! I've had Kodi for years but never knew this existed. I found it because the official MLB.tv app kept telling my my team (Mets) was blacked out even though I live in NC. I've since installed the add-on on a few devices and it's been working great!

1 question though.. how does it determine if/when to skip breaks like commercials? I've noticed that skipping commercials works sometimes but other times it doesn't. just curious if the add-on is using some mlb.tv detail that isn't being sent correctly.

I remember the official mlb.tv app would sometimes have problems with things like which inning so figured maybe it's coming from them
(2024-04-15, 18:03)jpage4500 Wrote: 1 question though.. how does it determine if/when to skip breaks like commercials? I've noticed that skipping commercials works sometimes but other times it doesn't. just curious if the add-on is using some mlb.tv detail that isn't being sent correctly.

I remember the official mlb.tv app would sometimes have problems with things like which inning so figured maybe it's coming from them

It is based on data from MLB, although it might be possible to fix within the addon.

If you can share a specific game and timestamp where it doesn't skip properly, I could look into this further.
I have been using this add-on for several years now, and it's been great.  This year, I haven't been able to watch a game yet.  When it tries to connect to a game, it just spins a very long time and then quits.

I am running on a nVidia Shield Pro.  Whenever I have had a problem with the add-on, I open a browser and test MLB.TV directly.  But this year, if I try to open a browser and watch a game that way, MLB.TV says I need to use their app, and dumps me to a redirect page.

Is that my problem?  Does the add-on require that I load the MLB app onto the shield?

Never mind.  Not sure what was happening, but it is working now.  The browser error was because I did not tell the browser to use the desktop page.  It has nothing to do with the add-on.
No it does not require MLB app. 
What version of Kodi and what versions of the MLB addon is installed?
(2024-04-16, 20:32)ChrisI Wrote: I have been using this add-on for several years now, and it's been great.  This year, I haven't been able to watch a game yet.  When it tries to connect to a game, it just spins a very long time and then quits.

I am running on a nVidia Shield Pro.  Whenever I have had a problem with the add-on, I open a browser and test MLB.TV directly.  But this year, if I try to open a browser and watch a game that way, MLB.TV says I need to use their app, and dumps me to a redirect page.

Is that my problem?  Does the add-on require that I load the MLB app onto the shield?

Never mind.  Not sure what was happening, but it is working now.  The browser error was because I did not tell the browser to use the desktop page.  It has nothing to do with the add-on.
As the other poster said, the MLB app is not required to use the add-on.

So is the add-on working now?

If you want us to diagnose further, please share a complete Kodi debug log of attempting to load a game.
(2024-04-17, 00:21)tonywagner Wrote:
(2024-04-16, 20:32)ChrisI Wrote: I have been using this add-on for several years now, and it's been great.  This year, I haven't been able to watch a game yet.  When it tries to connect to a game, it just spins a very long time and then quits.

As the other poster said, the MLB app is not required to use the add-on.

So is the add-on working now?

If you want us to diagnose further, please share a complete Kodi debug log of attempting to load a game.

Yes, it's working now.  Not sure what went wrong, but re-installing the add-on fixed it.

Thank you to everyone that responded.
(2024-04-15, 19:20)tonywagner Wrote:
(2024-04-15, 18:03)jpage4500 Wrote: 1 question though.. how does it determine if/when to skip breaks like commercials? I've noticed that skipping commercials works sometimes but other times it doesn't. just curious if the add-on is using some mlb.tv detail that isn't being sent correctly.

It is based on data from MLB, although it might be possible to fix within the addon.

If you can share a specific game and timestamp where it doesn't skip properly, I could look into this further.

It's been happening a lot on the Mets vs Pirates game I'm watching.

4/17/24, Pirates @ Mets, SNY video, at 3:28:20

It's also happened on most of the commercials before that -- this is just the one I'm looking at right now.

The commercial itself is just this Google Cloud AI one (image below)

https://pasteboard.co/OzG8At2gxs76.png
(2024-04-17, 22:24)jpage4500 Wrote: It's been happening a lot on the Mets vs Pirates game I'm watching.

It's also happened on most of the commercials before that -- this is just the one I'm looking at right now.

Thanks. That Google "commercial" is just their new break slate (replacing the old "Commercial Break In Progress" screen).

The "skip commercials" option in the add-on actually looks for where MLB dynamically inserts ads into the stream and skips those times, so it's possible they're not inserting ads at every break and so the add-on just plays the slate.

You could try instead the "skip breaks" option in the add-on -- that skips all inning breaks based on logged game events, so it's probably more consistent.
Thanks so much for adding the option to auto-play the favorite team’s live stream at launch a couple years back, I use it constantly.

I’ve been trying to figure out what would be necessary to allow launching that stream more than once in a day -- for example, if I switch to some other media and return and start up the plugin again. This would be handy for the occasional rain delay or double header, though personally I’d use it more often (particularly since Kodi on my CCwGTV often crashes the first time I run Kodi, though fortunately only once …).

I’ve experimented quite a bit, but I fundamentally end up at the same place every time: if I modify the code to allow starting up the stream a second time at all, stopping the stream or backing out of the live stream doesn’t return to the menu. Instead main.py runs with mode None, and then calls the live_fav_game(), and starts the stream again.

I’m not sure if this is inherent in the way video addons work, or more of a limitation in my understanding of addon development.

Any pointers would be appreciated, even if I have to settle for adding this behavior to my own branch.

Thanks as always for the fantastic plugin!
(2024-04-18, 05:48)thromer Wrote: Thanks so much for adding the option to auto-play the favorite team’s live stream at launch a couple years back, I use it constantly.

I’ve been trying to figure out what would be necessary to allow launching that stream more than once in a day -- for example, if I switch to some other media and return and start up the plugin again. This would be handy for the occasional rain delay or double header, though personally I’d use it more often (particularly since Kodi on my CCwGTV often crashes the first time I run Kodi, though fortunately only once …).

I’ve experimented quite a bit, but I fundamentally end up at the same place every time: if I modify the code to allow starting up the stream a second time at all, stopping the stream or backing out of the live stream doesn’t return to the menu. Instead main.py runs with mode None, and then calls the live_fav_game(), and starts the stream again.

I’m not sure if this is inherent in the way video addons work, or more of a limitation in my understanding of addon development.

Any pointers would be appreciated, even if I have to settle for adding this behavior to my own branch.

Thanks as always for the fantastic plugin!
Most addons with a menu don't auto-play videos on start, and I think this is a reason why -- if a menu never loads, there's no menu to go back to, and you sort of get locked out of the menu altogether!

It might be best to move auto-play functionality into a separate addon. The separate addon could be dead-simple, just a couple lines of code to require the MLBTV addon and call it like:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.video.mlbtv/?mode=111")'

Then mode 111 in the MLBTV addon could call the auto-play function, with the one-time per day limit removed.
(2024-04-19, 16:33)tonywagner Wrote: Most addons with a menu don't auto-play videos on start, and I think this is a reason why -- if a menu never loads, there's no menu to go back to, and you sort of get locked out of the menu altogether!

It might be best to move auto-play functionality into a separate addon. The separate addon could be dead-simple, just a couple lines of code to require the MLBTV addon and call it like:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.video.mlbtv/?mode=111")'

Then mode 111 in the MLBTV addon could call the auto-play function, with the one-time per day limit removed.

I'll give it a try, thanks!
Might it be possible to add a feature to download archived games into a mkv file?
(2024-04-20, 05:33)hhqjdaasc Wrote: Might it be possible to add a feature to download archived games into a mkv file?

Not in Kodi, no.
(2024-04-18, 01:33)tonywagner Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 22:24)jpage4500 Wrote: It's been happening a lot on the Mets vs Pirates game I'm watching.

Thanks. That Google "commercial" is just their new break slate (replacing the old "Commercial Break In Progress" screen).

The "skip commercials" option in the add-on actually looks for where MLB dynamically inserts ads into the stream and skips those times, so it's possible they're not inserting ads at every break and so the add-on just plays the slate.

You could try instead the "skip breaks" option in the add-on -- that skips all inning breaks based on logged game events, so it's probably more consistent.

I was using skip all breaks for every game I've watched so far this year. But, today I decided to try skip commercials instead and it's actually skipped all of them! Maybe just coincidence though.

Anyway, if there's any extra debug/logging thing I can do to help if it happens again let me know. Honestly even if the skip doesn't work automatically just being able to skip them manually beats the MLB site with forced commercials!
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MLB.TV®2