• 97(current)
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY]
(2013-01-02, 01:15)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 21:58)Elixxen Wrote: My logos for Movies, TV Shows and Music haven't been showing up in XBMC for a while now. It all started after an update I did a few weeks ago. I did some searching and found this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146079

I'm super confused. What's going on?

Try this version of AD http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1249529 although I'm pretty sure that the latest version of AD already includes this "hack". You have to run this version in bulk mode eg. for your entire library, to pick up local art. If you run in Gui mode from within the information panel of a TV show or Movie it won't pick up locally saved art files.

When you state that logos stopped displaying after an update, are you referring to an update for XBMC or for Nox 4?

I'll do my best to explain what has changed.

Since the release of Frodo, the way that artwork (posters, fanart, logos, clearart, banners etc) is managed has changed. The changes actually make it easier for skinners to deliver art for you to select in the various viewtypes.

The changes do affect how "some" local art is picked up when you scrape your libraries. Locally saved posters will still be picked up by scrapers.

Previously in Eden, local art for logos etc was referenced by the drivepath to where they were saved, so you didn't have to run AD in order for them to display, they did so automatically. Under Frodo, that type of artwork is now accessed by a URL path, so you have to run AD to search fanart.tv for all available artwork for your library content. If you created local artwork that isn't uploaded to fanart.tv then it can't find it and won't show it.

The "use local files" option in AD doesn't mean what you think it means.

Sequence AD works:

Searches fanart.tv for artwork for movie/tv show
Checks if there is already an existing URL link in your DB for the artwork, if the link exists it will do nothing and move on to next item
If there is no URL link, it will check for "use local files" setting and if enabled will download artwork from fanart.tv and set the file in your DB, if setting is disabled it will just use the URL link directly

Martijn has explained that this is how AD was designed to work, to change it to pick up local art files will require a lot of coding changes and will take time.

Hope this explains things better for you.

Oh I see, thanks for explaining so nicely. I really appreciate it! After reading your post I concluded that all my custom logos will not be usable anymore as they're not on fanart.tv. Is that correct? Because then I read Martijn's post under yours and got confused again haha.

Oh never mind, I got it. Thanks again for the help! Smile
I've been wanting to suggest for a year now - make the "Latest Movies/Episodes" widget have an option to exclude watched items. That would make those widgets immensely more useful to me. Just a thought. Let me know if I should move this comment elsewhere - I have a look but didn't see anything obvious.

Aside from that, no issues to report for Aeon Nox 4.0. Been absolutely in love with it!
(2013-01-02, 04:46)r0tt3n Wrote: I've been wanting to suggest for a year now - make the "Latest Movies/Episodes" widget have an option to exclude watched items. That would make those widgets immensely more useful to me. Just a thought. Let me know if I should move this comment elsewhere - I have a look but didn't see anything obvious.

Aside from that, no issues to report for Aeon Nox 4.0. Been absolutely in love with it!

Yeah, it does this already. You have to have your library sections set up for "Unwatched" in the slide out menus.

Edit - actually... it just does this by default, as I have my Movies set to "All", and tvshows set to "unwatched", and both widgets display the behavior you desire.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2013-01-02, 04:46)r0tt3n Wrote: I've been wanting to suggest for a year now - make the "Latest Movies/Episodes" widget have an option to exclude watched items. That would make those widgets immensely more useful to me. Just a thought. Let me know if I should move this comment elsewhere - I have a look but didn't see anything obvious.

press up in customizer --> widget setup.
that will open service.skin.wigets settings.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-01-02, 01:19)Martijn Wrote: Correct Smile
However it should also use local files if you use it from info panel if you don't want to specifically want to choose the art yourself

Hi,

What I have found is when you run AD to check fanart.tv if no logo.png is present, when you use the movie info via the c button, you can not choose your local artwork as it only shows you the files it can find from fanart.tv.

Hope I have made sense

Thanks
(2013-01-01, 20:49)varuag Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 19:12)Branphma Wrote: Happy new year everyone!

Right now artwork downloader does not any logo, clearart, cdart etc from fanart.tv. Is this just my problem or have they updated anything that has still to be fixed for the artworkdownloader app??

It seems like a site connectivity issue to me.

I saw the same yesterday. When I went to the specific show and chose Get artwork, and download artwork with user interaction, it didn't even list the logo, clearart etc.
But it was able to list/download all the artwork after a few retries/ a few minutes later. Hence most likely an issue with the site.

And a very happy new year to all!

(2013-01-02, 08:30)zorg2000k Wrote:
However it should also use local files if you use it from info panel if you don't want to specifically want to choose the art yourself

Hi,

What I have found is when you run AD to check fanart.tv if no logo.png is present, when you use the movie info via the c button, you can not choose your local artwork as it only shows you the files it can find from fanart.tv.

Hope I have made sense

Thanks

If you enable "Use Local Files" in AD and then run AD, when you finish, anything that doesn't have artwork do a local refresh and it will show up.

And, just to add, I had a few really stubborn TV shows that simply would not get artwork even though artwork was present at fanart.tv. I started to notice that all these 10-12 TV series were all from the same hard drive (my TV shows are spread out through 7 drives). Then I realized that this was my first drive and these were my very first TV shows on XBMC. I finally went in and deleted the tvshow.nfo from each of these and refreshed them. Then AD was able to download artwork. Something with the nfo, probably missing the show's ID number, was causing AD to not be able to match it up to a show on their server.
What Martijn was referring to was any local artwork files you've created or found yourself that aren't available on fanart.tv plus any logo/clearart/banner/disc/landscape images from fanart.tv that you've manually downloaded from the site and saved locally will be picked up if you run AD from the movie info panel and say yes to "download without any interaction" it will pick up those local files.

You are correct in that local images that aren't available from fanart.tv won't appear in the dialog for "Choose Art".

Hoi Martijn,

Quick NOOB question. When you say, run it from info panel, you mean the 'get artwork' button from the left icon menu in NOX (that appears when pressing left) and run it for all data? I have my logo's and clearart locally stored. After reading the last threads I'm starting to understand this strange behavior I'm getting since Frodo.

I haven't really figured it all out ... for example, I have about 60 TV shows, spread over 2 HDs. The HD's are not linked all together to the PC (I'm using a docking station). Anyway, when HD 1 is active, it seems that some logo's from shows on HD2 are not visible (some??). When I switch to HD2, the logo's are back. I don't believe I had this behavior in EDEN.

Anyway, I need to test more to see how it all runs in Frodo ...
Sorry wrong thread.

Question asked in the right one : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1283422
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-01-02, 08:42)clubwerks Wrote: If you enable "Use Local Files" in AD and then run AD, when you finish, anything that doesn't have artwork do a local refresh and it will show up.

And, just to add, I had a few really stubborn TV shows that simply would not get artwork even though artwork was present at fanart.tv. I started to notice that all these 10-12 TV series were all from the same hard drive (my TV shows are spread out through 7 drives). Then I realized that this was my first drive and these were my very first TV shows on XBMC. I finally went in and deleted the tvshow.nfo from each of these and refreshed them. Then AD was able to download artwork. Something with the nfo, probably missing the show's ID number, was causing AD to not be able to match it up to a show on their server.

Thanks for this. I had problems with a few of the shows. After this I looked at the nfo's for the shows that weren't showing artwork. The ID was from IMDB and the TVDB was separate. Once I put the TVDB ID in the ID it all worked perfectly
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
Is it normal that when displaying albums with Showcase2 view, setting clear case to ON remove cases :

And setting clear case to OFF display cases :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Quick question about Git, Do we still use master branch or Frodo branch now?

Also i have updated to 2.01 for randomlastitem and its giving me script fail. http://pastebin.com/TJhws03W

I re-added my latest eps (classic view) for my TVshow playlist and even reconfigured in Smart playlist Manager but still get the error popup...

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2012-12-28, 01:20)phil65 Wrote: you can either assign the "play disc" to any custom main menu item or activate the bottom menu, then a small icon will appear when a disc is inserted.
the new main menu system doesn´t use any main menu items which appear / disappear dynamically anymore.

I tried this solution to put back play disc where it was, but with this solution it's always there, not only when it detects it... it's not possible to bring back the old solution? It's really annoying and in confluence still works very well...
(2013-01-02, 20:29)phate89 Wrote:
(2012-12-28, 01:20)phil65 Wrote: you can either assign the "play disc" to any custom main menu item or activate the bottom menu, then a small icon will appear when a disc is inserted.
the new main menu system doesn´t use any main menu items which appear / disappear dynamically anymore.

I tried this solution to put back play disc where it was, but with this solution it's always there, not only when it detects it... it's not possible to bring back the old solution? It's really annoying and in confluence still works very well...

no.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi all,

Could somebody with the knowledge please have a look at following screenshot :

I have the serverices.skin.widgets installed, but I can't get the widgets to come up. Did I miss something? I'm doing something wrong here but I can't figure out what. Anyone any idea?

Here you see what works and what not for me : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1282441

Thanks,
Grave
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY]10