• 98(current)
Release YouTube
I have a question around the "watched" tags which are applied in Kodi server UI. In the Kodi UI watched videos will show a check mark. This is equivalent to the Kodi JSONRPC API responding with "playcount" > 0, but the API always responds with "playcount" = 0. Is this something the add-on needs to change?
(2022-07-09, 02:45)letac Wrote: But I have new problem now, can't sort list Watch Later by "Date Added". Seems to me that list is always sorted by Date (created), not by date when I added item to the list.

I solved it, somehow. First, with web browser, I created new list, and sorted it as "Date Added (newest)".

Then, inside the Kodi, new Watch Later list is sorted as "Default".

And everything works now.
Two questions:
  1. Is there any way to get Chapters to work?
  2. Is there any way I can make the plugin default to "Play with subtitles" for every video?
Thanks!
You can use subtitles, go to "Settings/General/Configure subtitles". Choose one of the options.

OFC youtube video must have subtitle, auto-generated are usually bad.
Thanks, I'll try it later on.

So no chapters?
Hello, I've used this addon for years now on an Android box running CoreELEC and it worked fine.
That box recently died, and when I try to login to the addon on linux mint kodi, I get 401 client type invalid.

Here are the logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ruqisuyigi.kodi

the api worked, and I triple checked the keys.
what could cause this?
Check this message:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3096245

And create new client id and client secret.
(2022-07-16, 05:57)letac Wrote: Check this message:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3096245

And create new client id and client secret.

Thanks, will check this out!
That worked, thank you!
Does anyone else have issues playing age restricted videos in kodi? I have set safe search to none and unchecked age gate, but I get the "youtube: no streams found" and this in the log
Code:
2022-07-19 07:13:05.595 T:3316    ERROR <general>: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=UoTams2yc0s]
(2022-07-19, 06:15)jim_p Wrote: Does anyone else have issues playing age restricted videos in kodi? I have set safe search to none and unchecked age gate, but I get the "youtube: no streams found" and this in the log
Code:
2022-07-19 07:13:05.595 T:3316    ERROR <general>: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=UoTams2yc0s]

Yes some info here https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/278
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
Thank you. What a piece of trash has youtube's api become...
Hi there.
After Updating Kodi from Leia to Matrix and in the process updating everything else i now have the problem that 60 Frame YT Videos go asynchronous. Audio goes up to 3 seconds ahead.
I tried every setting i could find in Kodi, YT Plugin, MPEG-DASH, and InputStream Adaptive i could find but cannot get it working.

Any ideas?
so - is anyone else getting a swirling waiting then a message saying there was an issue on all videos?

now I'm getting an Error 98 - address already in use

tried uninstalling app but now have to re-enter my api info and see if it will let me set it up

---

well - after much futzing and fussing - restarting router and attempting to connect to enter API from my computer (never did connect for some reason) - had to use a bluetooth keyboard to enter it on my Pi ... finally got it to accept my login and it's up and running again 

but I'd still like to know - can someone tell me what an Error 98 - address already in use means? if it's something that's easier to fix then everything I did the past couple of hours that would be wonderful ;-)

does anyone know if and when the creator and maintainer of this app will fix it? if they're still currently fixing it (haven't seen them on here in awhile so I don't even know if they're still working on it really) ... are there any other YouTube apps for Kodi that work similarly? 

this is such a convenient way to watch YouTube on our Tv so it would really suck should it crap out at some point

thanks for any input ...

Xenophrenia
@xenophrenia I saw that error too. It only came when I had two instances of Kodi running with the same YouTube credentials. Everything was still working fine. 

(2022-07-05, 08:12)Imgema Wrote: @3000 

Ok, i re-did my Api keys from scratch and i re-enabled the device. I'm logging in successfully but i still can't see all my playlists or the "watch later" section.

hi, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Are you still having problems?
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0