• 219(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
I wanted to post an update on my efforts to add sorting based on filenames. I was able to get it working, though there may be issues with this implementation. Basically, all I had to do was add
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int( self._handle ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_FILE)
with the other sort methods, and then I modified the url of xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(...) in _add_rom(...) to be set to the cmd argument instead of the format string that was previously there. At least in the current code, the cmd argument to _add_rom(...) is always the path to the rom, so sorting by File results in sorting by the filename. I'm a bit unsure of this implementation though, because I don't know why url was previously set to the format string. It's very much possible that the naming convention used comes in use somewhere else in the plugin or with skin integration. Angelscry, I'm sure you can tell me if I'm breaking anything with this implementation Tongue

Edit: It looks like doing this may disable launching anything lol... I'll keep digging through the code to see if I can get this working.
utsusemi Wrote:I wanted to post an update on my efforts to add sorting based on filenames. I was able to get it working, though there may be issues with this implementation. Basically, all I had to do was add
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(handle=int( self._handle ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_FILE)
with the other sort methods, and then I modified the url of xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(...) in _add_rom(...) to be set to the cmd argument instead of the format string that was previously there. At least in the current code, the cmd argument to _add_rom(...) is always the path to the rom, so sorting by File results in sorting by the filename. I'm a bit unsure of this implementation though, because I don't know why url was previously set to the format string. It's very much possible that the naming convention used comes in use somewhere else in the plugin or with skin integration. Angelscry, I'm sure you can tell me if I'm breaking anything s.with this implementation Tongue

Edit: It looks like doing this may disable launching anything lol... I'll keep digging through the code to see if I can get this working.
If you touch at the listitem url values, you will break all the way XBMC call and start the items and the launchers... and so will not be able to start anything after. BTW, I have already added the option for the next Advanced Launcher version that will be released this week-end. Please, just be patient.

Name sorting

Filename sorting : Default
Angelscry Wrote:BTW, I have already added the option for the next Advanced Launcher version that will be released this week-end. Please, just be patient.

Awesome, that's very nice to hear. Sorry if I seemed impatient; I was kind of using this as a way to become more familiar with using python with xbmc. I'm looking forward to seeing how you got it working ^_^
Angelscry Wrote:You can try to suspend XBMC using and .sh script like here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39. But you must be aware that booting and running XBMC as standalone means that you define system conditions that favors XBMC to be the only running application.

Thank you, this script worked!
Version 1.7.12 : This new version of advanced launcher add a the "default" sorting order for launchers and items. This "default" option is corresponding to the filenames sorting and could be use for example to correctly sort launcher and item names containing roman numerals version number (when filenames containing alpha numerical version number).

Changelog :
  • Add launcher and item filenames sort support.
i get an addon.py failure when loading any version of AL beyond 1.7.7 - can anyone think of what would have changed that would have created that problem? via the changelog the change was removal of the mameworld scraper. maybe that's the problem somehow?
cracksloth Wrote:i get an addon.py failure when loading any version of AL beyond 1.7.7 - can anyone think of what would have changed that would have created that problem? via the changelog the change was removal of the mameworld scraper. maybe that's the problem somehow?
It could be related to the fact that Advanced Launcher settings still configured with MAMEWorld scraper. You can try to close XBMC, delete the
xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/settings.xml file and restart XBMC then Advanced Launcher.
Any chance you'll add support for scraping platform data and images from thegamesdb.net? It's been added to our API support. Smile
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
that did the trick - thank you!
High, awesome programs/launcher. getting probs with nulldc naomi, ive the reg nulldc set up flawless. As below

[ImageReader]
PatchRegion=0
LoadDefaultImage=1
DefaultImage=defualt.gdi
Application
C:\Program Files (x86)\nullDC-optimized-r133\nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe
Arguments
-config ImageReader:defaultImage="%rom%"
Roms Extension
cdi|gdi

Now the naomi roms i have are zips, mistly just single .bin inside i have all bios etc. Demul has this file in the root folder im thinking should i set this like & as DefaultImage=NAOBD.bin

Thanks in advance
Question 
High, awesome programs/launcher. getting probs with nulldc naomi, ive the reg nulldc set up flawless. As below

[ImageReader]
PatchRegion=0
LoadDefaultImage=1
DefaultImage=defualt.gdi
Application
Arguments
Roms Extension
cdi|gdi

Now the naomi roms i have are zips, mostly just single .bin inside i have all bios etc. Demul has this file in the root folder im thinking should i set this like & as DefaultImage=NAOBD.bin

Thanks in advance
(2012-03-11, 09:32)pmk1977 Wrote: High, awesome programs/launcher. getting probs with nulldc naomi, ive the reg nulldc set up flawless. As below

[ImageReader]
PatchRegion=0
LoadDefaultImage=1
DefaultImage=defualt.gdi
Application
Arguments
Roms Extension
cdi|gdi

Now the naomi roms i have are zips, mostly just single .bin inside i have all bios etc. Demul has this file in the root folder im thinking should i set this like & as DefaultImage=NAOBD.bin

Thanks in advance
Your declared roms extension are cdi and gdi. And your actual roms file are zip files containing bin images. You need first to extract your zip file and then add the .bin extension into the launcher (cdi|gdi|bin).

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with launcher menu entries vanishing. I'm using the latest release (1.7.13) on XBMC Eden, running on ubuntu 8.04. I use it to run emulators, and sometimes when I add a new emulator or update something (item list, info/thumbnail/fanart), one of the entries just disappears (like my Super Nintendo launcher just vanishes.) There's no error output that I've seen, it just disappears and I have to readd it. Thanks!
(2012-03-13, 01:35)jickler Wrote: Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with launcher menu entries vanishing. I'm using the latest release (1.7.13) on XBMC Eden, running on ubuntu 8.04. I use it to run emulators, and sometimes when I add a new emulator or update something (item list, info/thumbnail/fanart), one of the entries just disappears (like my Super Nintendo launcher just vanishes.) There's no error output that I've seen, it just disappears and I have to readd it. Thanks!
Do you mean that your Super Nintendo launcher is completely deleted from Advanced Launcher (entry deleted fro the launchers.xml file) or that your Super Nintendo entrie disapears from the XBMC custom home menu (favorite link broken)?

any idea why my thumbnails are not showing up. i corrected my comics in comic rack and they show fine in there and i have the xml files contained in the cbz file? but no thumbs showing. do i need to scrape them again from comicvine as i already did this in comic rack?
be kind, rewind
  • 219(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24