Win If Intel for desktop then what? Mini ITX (not HTPC)
I have in mind a desktop out of this case:
SUGO SG06 Silver
or the Lian Li PC-Q15 in silver....

For everything intensive except HTPC....

Since there is a lot of fuzz on Intel then what would be a good setup?
Mobo.... etc.....

Goal also on this is to be quiet! and power friendly..... also not to expensive....

Thank you....

I ask because I was thinking a AMD A8-3870K and a Asrock board... or an AMD A8-3850

Just to see what you guys think!

Cheers! Big Grin

I also been looking at this Intel....

Shuttle SH67H3

and

Shuttle SZ68R5
(2012-05-20, 07:04)Beer40oz Wrote: I have in mind a desktop out of this case:
SUGO SG06 Silver

For everything intensive except HTPC....
For intensive works desktop PC, I think that you will be very happy with Sugo and "Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) + ASRock Z77E-ITX". You'll have a powerfull desktop PC........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-20, 07:04)Beer40oz Wrote: I have in mind a desktop out of this case:
SUGO SG06 Silver

Your be pleased with the case. I build a pfsense firewall for a friend using the SG05B and it was a great case and great size, plus the case fan is so quiet. I also have built a SG07, which is far to big in my opinion.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Yes I have owned a SG05B before.... just did not like how much dust it showed on the front!

This SG06 is great!

Honestly thinking from what I am going to use it for the AMD A8-3850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103994

Is all I need.... and price wize its the bang for the buck.....

Mmmm... since I am not going to stay stock for the cooler....

This one is pretty neat! It's fanless and they fit the SUGO's very nicely.

So the only two fan that would run be the front and the PSU fan......

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.ph...en&pid=190

It depend on what you want to do. When you say intensive what do you mean? really. Crunching? Gaming? video editing. If its going to use a discreat GPU and overclocking there are a lot of cases with better air flow. Not that the SG06 is a bad case its not. Ive seen gaming rigs build in it and it gets cramped, just saying.
(2012-05-20, 12:28)Jetster Wrote: It depend on what you want to do. When you say intensive what do you mean? really. Crunching? Gaming? video editing. If its going to use a discreat GPU and overclocking there are a lot of cases with better air flow. Not that the SG06 is a bad case its not. Ive seen gaming rigs build in it and it gets cramped, just saying.

I should of been more clear! Video editing once in a while....

But mostly as my Sab, Couch.... etc.....

I know I don't need much power to do all that....

I was just curious on Intel. Big Grin

This is case is so cool too...... Lian Li Pc Q15
I love Lian Li. Very nice
If you're anywhere near a MicroCenter then a i5-2500K or i5-3570K would be my choice for a non-HTPC CPU. Even a i3-2100 makes a great "office PC" CPU. The SNB/IVB CPUs are stoopid fast.

AMD A8-3850 APU @2.9GHz Average CPU Mark 4157

Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.10GHz --- Mark 3853

So why will the i3 be better?

Yes Microcenter has a good deal on it!

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...id=0359809

as new egg .... for a A8-3850 can be bought for the same price of $89.99
(2012-05-21, 06:52)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you're anywhere near a MicroCenter then a i5-2500K or i5-3570K would be my choice for a non-HTPC CPU. Even a i3-2100 makes a great "office PC" CPU. The SNB/IVB CPUs are stoopid fast.

Hi.....

Really am considering to give intel a try for an office PC.... well my main PC

This Shuttle SZ68R5 and the i3-2100....

what you think? power supply that comes with it... i bet the fan is loud.... go PICO?
My office PC is one of my E-I7 mini itx case with i3-2100, Gigabyte H61N-USB3, 4GB of ram, 128GB SSD and slot-load DVD. The case already has a fanless 120W power supply and reading via Kill-a-Watt under Prime95 was 65W.

Way better looking than a Shuttle Smile

It's a nice case I have to admit.... I am looking for something small.... I love the E-15 also...

So what modification did you do to them?
(2012-05-21, 16:33)Beer40oz Wrote: It's a nice case I have to admit.... I am looking for something small.... I love the E-15 also...

So what modification did you do to them?

No mods. I forgot to say that the CPU cooler is the Silverstone NT07-1156. It's very quiet and runs around 50C with the CPU fan switch on low and the BIOS on "silent". If you wanted to go picoPSU there's an option to get the E-I7 or E-I5 w/o the internal power supply. The barrel-style jack fits the same rear hole as the internal power supply jack does.
Oh cool so no need to buy an aftermarket cooler.... nice....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If Intel for desktop then what? Mini ITX (not HTPC)0