• 54(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
has anyone got a zip file fr Nox 3.0 please
(2012-06-18, 19:44)Goldeneyepad Wrote: has anyone got a zip file fr Nox 3.0 please

why?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thank You for the great new Player Controls and the Fact it's customisable. This word is used too much but in this case it is valid....AWESOME.
because phil65 i want it and i like the look of it, and I can seen to find it anywhere to download it
(2012-06-18, 20:19)Goldeneyepad Wrote: because phil65 i want it and i like the look of it, and I can seen to find it anywhere to download it

it´s on the official repo (or the newest version here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master )

wonder how people can change their mind....

(2012-05-28, 17:12)Goldeneyepad Wrote: sorry to say, i hate 3.0 version.

I had to use rollback, becauuse 3.0 lost all my own movie/tv backgrounds.

And when trying to set up my comics feature again in the main screen it never show up.

I feel dispointed xbmc staff. Over the years you done me proud, but this time

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-06-17, 02:43)phil65 Wrote: some new stuff...logo for info panel and new panel layout:

How do I get the top info panel in this screen shot to show? I have a smart playlist set up to show my movies, I have the Latest Videos (VPL) widget selected for widget 1, and I am using that latest github commits. Cant see anything appropriate to pick for widget 2 if thats how its done.
(2012-06-18, 20:48)chrisvilla Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 02:43)phil65 Wrote: some new stuff...logo for info panel and new panel layout:

How do I get the top info panel in this screen shot to show? I have a smart playlist set up to show my movies, I have the Latest Videos (VPL) widget selected for widget 1, and I am using that latest github commits. Cant see anything appropriate to pick for widget 2 if thats how its done.

press up when widget 2 has focus. it will turn around. (same for widget 1 when pressing down)
Does the new 3.0.1 release get auto updated and do we get all of the features like dual widgets on home screen?
(2012-06-18, 16:13)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 15:55)Ghostdivision Wrote: Nox still runs nicely for me. Mq3 at the moment is unreasonable at the moment.

With nox when skimming menus im at 7-8%, viewing my library around 15% hardly any. Mq3 i am at 7-8% skimming menus as well generally, but the library for movies and music goes to 35%.

Anyway i have not used this skin much for a couple of reason does big noid still handle this?

I only ask because I left it since he did not want to include an HD TV case, and bluray folder case handling was hit and miss, i explained it to mq3 creator and he fixed it, ....It appears when using bluray folder structure this skin relies on xbmc handling of bluray folders which in my discussions with xbmc is hit and miss, and acknowledged and the work around is being worked on right now. Basically xbmc looks toward the longest file run time wise using the bluray folder structure...Some blurays have extras encoded in mpeg 2 and 4:3 which are longer then the actual bluray movie (Black hawk down for instance has an extra piece that runs 2 hours 29 minutes), and thus the skin applies a dvd case to some of my bluray folders because xbmc plays that file which is an extra encoded in mpeg-2 and 4:3 simply because its the longest file run time wise. I could explain in more detail but if case handling for the bluray folder structure wont change, I dont want to waste anyones time.

Thats an xbmc problem if you ask me. Regardless of the cases, the aspect and resolution flags will be always wrong. Since we rely on resolution to determine cases, theres no way for us to fix this. I dont want to rely on filenaming for showing cases, which is far more unuser friendly imo.

Its up to you, but this is basically a limitation of xbmc that they are aware of, the skin however could be corrected. File naming could simply override case selection so it is not necessary to name fles, only if your getting the wrong cases. Marcos added it so file naming or if mt2s file extensions were detected the bluray cases were added..So if you dont want to allow file naming as a backup to make things 100% accurate, you could apply it based on mt2s file extension that bluray folders use which would be much more reliable. Even those 4:3 Mpeg 2 extras use mt2s file extensions. I dont believe mt2s extension is used in anything other then bluray folders. XBMC wont be able to correct this behavior for quite awhile, they just dont seem to have the resources right now to properly figure out full bluray playback with menus. Even better would be the ability to select my own cases in the skin to make sure there proper.

The xbmc quick fix is simply to allow a playlist to popup letting us select the stream we want to play in the folder...Also called bd lite on some media streamers. Which wont have any effect on the skin.

Just a suggestion since it is your skin, but it is unfortunately unusable for those who have large bluray folder libraries. About 15% of my blurays incorrectly apply dvd cases. I use total media theater or powerdvd external player so xbmc bluray limitations dont effect me.
(2012-06-19, 03:22)crimsonfury Wrote: Does the new 3.0.1 release get auto updated and do we get all of the features like dual widgets on home screen?

it will auto-update when we release the update. no ETA.
(2012-06-19, 03:44)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 03:22)crimsonfury Wrote: Does the new 3.0.1 release get auto updated and do we get all of the features like dual widgets on home screen?

I thought 3.0.1 was already released?... The front page states we're on 3.0.1....
(2012-06-19, 03:50)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 03:44)phil65 Wrote:

I thought 3.0.1 was already released?... The front page states we're on 3.0.1....

yes, 3.0.1 is the repo version atm . the next one (3.x) is worked on atm and can be previewed by downloading it from our github page. it contains the option for two widgets and the other new stuff.
Changelog can be found here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...ngelog.txt
(2012-06-18, 15:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 15:01)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2012-06-18, 14:53)phil65 Wrote: no, doesn´t need a setting. but only appears for custom-playlist related widgets.
the movie count should appear for all playlists. for which custom items does it not show up?

I created a custom playlist for HD Films and added Recently Added as a favourite, the movie count used to appear for both of them so I'm not sure if I've inadvertently disabled it although if that were true then I'd expect that behaviour to affect all playlists and not just two. I recreated the playlist but that didn't change anything.

EDIT Just realised that the movie count won't apply for Favourites so it's only the HD playlist that isn't working.
yes, only works for smart playlists. should also work for HD playlist though.

Thanks Phil, did some more testing which confirmed my suspicions, nothing wrong with the skin it's just that one playlist. Created other playlists for various genres and the movie count is displayed as expected. I deleted and recreated the HD playlist and for some reason the movie count doesn't appear.

The 1 rule I set was movie/resolution greater than 719 , is there something in that condition perhaps that isn't triggering the movie count. Even created two rules: resolution is 720 and resolution is 1080 and one or more is true but still no dice.

I know it used to work before so not sure what I'm doing differently this time or what has changed.

EDIT - Curious, I changed skins to Aeon Nox instead of the GIT version as I hadn't changed any of the settings with that skin and the same behaviour is occurring for the same HD playlist. I then deleted the skin folder and guisettings file, reinstalled, setup again and get the same result.
(2012-06-18, 06:20)h8redv2 Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 23:43)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 21:59)h8redv2 Wrote: Ok so I have succesfully run the artwork organizer and I point the cd Wall viz to the album art folder, created by the artwork organizer.
Still no dice....
Any suggestions?

does it show black squares on home menu? remember that the cdwall background only shows up on home menu when music is playing.
It doesn't show antthing at all...
Well it seems it does, but only after pressing TAB.
Is that how it's supposed to be ?
Was hoping that returning to the homescreen, would show me something other than the now playing widget.
Is that not possible, cd Wall, fanart, ... anything.

Pulled from GIT and now it´s working.
Sweet....
@BN & phil

any chance that you implement this addon in the git version ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132764

Greets
Eisi
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9