• 63(current)
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
I must say I haven't tested the build yet, so maybe there something wrong.
I did run into build problems since it now depends on tinyurl which wasn't build for OpenELEC by default.
I'll test the build sometime later this weekend.
hey tsp,

latest build won't load the plugin, error is:

Code:
17:54:19 T:140526004901632   DEBUG: InitialiseClient - initialising add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client'
17:54:19 T:140526004901632   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV cmyth PVR Client
17:54:19 T:140526004901632   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr)
17:54:19 T:140526004901632   DEBUG: Loading: /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
17:54:19 T:140526004901632   ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr, reason: /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr: undefined symbol: GetRecordingLastPlayedPosition

hope this is an easy fix?

Regards,

Jimmer
jimmer: Is it Eden-pvr or master?
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
Tap. I do a build from Eden pvr. Don't see a speed up in channel change. If anything it is slower. Is there a configuration change I am missing.

Thx Kevin
DISREGARD - PROBLEM FIXED - MOVING ON TO XBMC NOW...

(2012-06-23, 01:29)Mad Medik Wrote: Okay, I'm still new to Linux and the use of GIT. It looks like the standard operating procedure is to look in the docs folder to find the readme files. I have installed the dependencies from the readme.ubuntu file (different from post #7), and now folliwng the instructions in the readme.linux file. Okay, more reading for me to do. If I hit another wall and exhaust resources here and online, I will humble myself for another question...

Looking for some hand holding - Clean install of Ubuntu 11.10 (64 bit) and all updates applied. Cloned the directory from the quoted GIT bootstrapped, configured, make, make install. I installed the MythTV backend. As I went through the setup - It did not detect my TVTuner (Hauppauge 2250). I then applied palm to forehead, as I realized I hadn't done any installation for the card since doing the clean install. I followed the Linuxtv.org wiki and then retried MythTV. It is now detecting the card, BUT, I have tried every option in the card type drop down without success; Each time, it indicates a lock on every TV channel (2-69) with a signal strength of 99% and zips though the entire list. However, no actual channels are tuned in.

I have rebooted, tried with video0 and video1 options under each card, returned to the LinuxTV wiki and tried each of the three methods of "Getting it to work" and have ensured the firmware has been applied. This computer is still set up as a dual boot with Windows 7 and the tuner card works fine there. Also, I had it working under Ubuntu 12.04 with MythTV backend and front end.

I noticed one of the dropdowns is for an "IVTV" card. I also noticed that there are a few IVTV files available in the repositories. Should I be installing these?

Thanks in advance for your help.
(2012-06-23, 19:17)tsp42 Wrote: jimmer: Is it Eden-pvr or master?

I'm on master,

thanks for looking into it!
I'm working on implementing the queue and playlist for the recordings as it can be quite tedious to change to the next recording every time my son has watched a 5 minutes episode of Timmy time.

kburkart: No unfortunately not. It can slow things down if you have the "Include more debug information in the log" enabled. Could you do me a favor and post a log from when you watch LiveTV with several channel switches with the "Include more debug information in the log" enabled so I can see if there is a specific reason for the slowness.
The last time I bechmarked the channel switch it took 2 seconds to change the channel and 5 additional seconds for ffmpeg to figure out the stream type. So the major bottleneck is ffmpeg and I'm not sure if I can do much about it.

InoD: I just saw you updated the PR. I must admit that I'm not a big fan of the macro's in the c++ code. Will see if there is a way to reduce them. Else it looks good.
If you have a suggestion on how to do it differently I'll change it. These macro's just prevent a lot of code duplication and have the reconnect handling more or less centralized.
I've added the option to queue recording and recording folders to "Now playing" list in the context menu and the series recording feature to the Eden PVR branch. The Windows Eden-PVR binary has been updated. The master branch compile bug should be fixed although the branch doesn't contain the previous mentioned additions.

Compiling from master is OK.
When compiling Eden-pvr I get errorrs:

Quote:CPP xbmc/filesystem/RSSDirectory.o
ButtonTranslator.cpp: In member function ‘bool CButtonTranslator::LoadKeymap(const CStdString&)’:
ButtonTranslator.cpp:549: error: ‘TINYXML_ELEMENT’ is not a member of ‘TiXmlNode’
ButtonTranslator.cpp: In member function ‘bool CButtonTranslator::LoadLircMap(const CStdString&)’:
ButtonTranslator.cpp:599: error: ‘TINYXML_ELEMENT’ is not a member of ‘TiXmlNode’
/usr/src/setup/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h: At global scope:
/usr/src/setup/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h:245: warning: ‘g_graphicsContext’ defined but not used
make[1]: *** [ButtonTranslator.o] Fout 1
make: *** [xbmc/input/input.a] Fout 2
make: *** Wachten op onvoltooide taken...
CPP xbmc/filesystem/RTVDirectory.o
CPP xbmc/filesystem/SAPDirectory.o

I am compiling on Debian Squeeze.
bas.t: Looks like a wrong version of lib tinyxml. It compiles fine on ubuntu 11.4 with libtinyxml v2.6.2. The default version on debian squeeze is 2.5.3.
Quote:CPP xbmc/filesystem/RSSDirectory.o
ButtonTranslator.cpp: In member function ‘bool CButtonTranslator::LoadKeymap(const CStdString&)’:
ButtonTranslator.cpp:549: error: ‘TINYXML_ELEMENT’ is not a member of ‘TiXmlNode’
ButtonTranslator.cpp: In member function ‘bool CButtonTranslator::LoadLircMap(const CStdString&)’:
ButtonTranslator.cpp:599: error: ‘TINYXML_ELEMENT’ is not a member of ‘TiXmlNode’
/usr/src/setup/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h: At global scope:
/usr/src/setup/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h:245: warning: ‘g_graphicsContext’ defined but not used
make[1]: *** [ButtonTranslator.o] Fout 1
make: *** [xbmc/input/input.a] Fout 2
make: *** Wachten op onvoltooide taken...
CPP xbmc/filesystem/RTVDirectory.o
CPP xbmc/filesystem/SAPDirectory.o

I am compiling on Debian Squeeze.
[/quote]

I had same issue last week using ubuntu 11.04. I ended up having to track down a libtinyxml2.6.2 package for Ubuntu 11.04
(2012-06-23, 16:33)InoD Wrote: I must say I haven't tested the build yet, so maybe there something wrong.
I did run into build problems since it now depends on tinyurl which wasn't build for OpenELEC by default.
I'll test the build sometime later this weekend.

It seems to be tinyxml (not tinyurl) indeed. It was build, but not installed.

ION x86_64 (OE2b4 with tsp's Eden-pvr)
Ultra x86_64 (OE2b4 with tsp's Eden-pvr)
tsp42, when I click 'OK' (Media Center Remote) on a recording folder in "Recordings" it starts to play an item in the folder instead of opening the folder list its items (like it used to do). Now I cannot go to a specific recording. Is this a side effect of your recent changes?
(2012-06-24, 10:54)tsp42 Wrote: bas.t: Looks like a wrong version of lib tinyxml. It compiles fine on ubuntu 11.4 with libtinyxml v2.6.2. The default version on debian squeeze is 2.5.3.

OK, but why does master compile fine? Does it not use libtinyxml?
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth8