• 15(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
A little feedback about exporting and importing library. The way I understand it :

When the library is exported it basically takes the images you got in userdata/Thumbnails ( ex : actors photos, movies thumbnail and fanarts ) and puts the images in your exported folder by organizing them in actors, movies, music videos and tv shows folders. It renames the thumbnails/fanart in the movies folder, by putting the name of the movie ( spaces are replaced with underscores ) followed by the date of the movie and then -fanart.jpg for the fanart images or simply .tbn for the thumbnails. I guess the same mechanism applies to the tv shows but I can't check that. I think renaming happens because when the library is imported it is used to match the movies ( whose names are in the videodb.xml ) to their thumbnail/fanart.

But on Android this is problematic. A lot of movies have a colon ( : ) in their title and Android doesn't support this in a filename. A simple workaround would be to replace the colons of the title by an authorized character when renaming the files, in the same way that spaces are replaced by underscores.
Just to confirm this as working on my HTC One X. Thanks so much!

I'm trying to SSH in to change the default audio player to DVDPlayer from Paplayer, but I haven't managed it. Can anyone help?
(2012-07-18, 03:03)Pivos_BigC Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 12:26)Speedst3r Wrote: Pivos-BigC, a couple of questions.

1) can you confirm Pivos Group are pursuing licensing of lossy and lossless multichannel audio codecs so they can be passed through the HDMI connection? (ie AC3, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD sent to a receiver to decode. Not too concerned with having the XIOS decode and send as LPCM although others might be.

1) Android has certain limitations, and then there are licensing issues. I have been told 'we are working on licensing DTS' by the business side. I'm a tech guy, so I get to be a mushroom with that stuff.

No HD Audio? Well that's a Buzz Kill.Undecided
(2012-07-19, 18:09)Tyler Durden Wrote: Just to confirm this as working on my HTC One X. Thanks so much!

I'm trying to SSH in to change the default audio player to DVDPlayer from Paplayer, but I haven't managed it. Can anyone help?

I'm not sure how to accomplish that but using ssh won't work since you don't ssh into xbmc on any other platform. You can ssh into linux or osx, but not into xbmc itself since the os can run a ssh server, not xbmc (although it might be possible).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
We have DD licensed right now.
(2012-07-19, 19:27)Pivos_BigC Wrote: We have DD licensed right now.

I think the question was if the hardware supports DTS-HD bitstreaming, and if it does will the license you guys are working on support it ?
(2012-07-19, 18:09)Tyler Durden Wrote: I'm trying to SSH in to change the default audio player to DVDPlayer from Paplayer, but I haven't managed it. Can anyone help?
From a PC? Then you have to use the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) - you then can access the shell of the android system. You can however not access a XBMC-Shell, because there is no such thing.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I see on the PIVOS web site that the AIOS supports the following audio outputs: DTS Digital Surround 5.1 and DTS-HD MA.

I see no mention of Audio Outputs supported on the XIOS which leads me to believe there are hardware limitations.
(2012-07-19, 19:29)johoja Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 19:27)Pivos_BigC Wrote: We have DD licensed right now.

I think the question was if the hardware supports DTS-HD bitstreaming, and if it does will the license you guys are working on support it ?

Well someone asked over on Pivos forums about multi channel flac and they said it should be doable, if your lossless ripping with Makemkv in the first place then you can use it's transcode to flac option. No loss of quality with video or audio, just the lights on your amp wont say HD audio displaying PCM 5.1/7.1 instead.
Before the audio capabilities questions get out of hand, let me just say there a current capabilities and future possible capabilities with respect to 'bitstreaming'. DD (AC3) is there but not enabled, DTS is being licensed. Also there is no hardware limitations that I can see.

So a) chill and wait and see or b) pass and look else where if you must have an answer today.
(2012-07-19, 20:37)davilla Wrote: Before the audio capabilities questions get out of hand, let me just say there a current capabilities and future possible capabilities with respect to 'bitstreaming'. DD (AC3) is there but not enabled, DTS is being licensed. Also there is no hardware limitations that I can see.

So a) chill and wait and see or b) pass and look else where if you must have an answer today.

Completely agree on the chill, wait and see. As much as I appreciate the work in releasing the APK to the public I wish they hadn't; there's too much speculation and misinformation as a result.
I'm glad they announced it, Im done looking for a Ras-Pi (for now) and my Pivos has arrived today and i've flashed it with ICS and ready to roll when the hardware APK is available

Finally a platform that looks like home, just remember the homes 3/4 built and there alot of work to be done. Luckily it's sounds like the team is close to an initial Hardware enabled APK and hopefully Pivos will settle the Dolby Licensing issues soon for us. Then all the speculation will stop and this platform can grow for years without the need for SoftModded Xboxs, ATV PatchSticks, IOS backdoors and Teathered booting (all BTW Spectacular work)

I'm "Chillin" too, Just excited as everyone else - You guys Rock!

(2012-07-19, 15:29)Khivar Wrote: A little feedback about exporting and importing library. The way I understand it :

When the library is exported it basically takes the images you got in userdata/Thumbnails ( ex : actors photos, movies thumbnail and fanarts ) and puts the images in your exported folder by organizing them in actors, movies, music videos and tv shows folders. It renames the thumbnails/fanart in the movies folder, by putting the name of the movie ( spaces are replaced with underscores ) followed by the date of the movie and then -fanart.jpg for the fanart images or simply .tbn for the thumbnails. I guess the same mechanism applies to the tv shows but I can't check that. I think renaming happens because when the library is imported it is used to match the movies ( whose names are in the videodb.xml ) to their thumbnail/fanart.

But on Android this is problematic. A lot of movies have a colon ( : ) in their title and Android doesn't support this in a filename. A simple workaround would be to replace the colons of the title by an authorized character when renaming the files, in the same way that spaces are replaced by underscores.

Likely an easy fix, as we have the same limitation on Mac OS X.
I'm not sure how this works on various different android devices, but it seems that the userdata folder is more or less located in something like:

something/something/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Any ideas on a good way to phrase this for the XBMC wiki so that it makes sense to the end user trying to find it?
(2012-07-19, 08:20)ykhehra1 Wrote: on my pios, I don't have /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/, files folder is empty.
userdata and everthing is under /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/

(2012-07-19, 09:10)Khivar Wrote: That's strange. I just deleted .xbmc from /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/ and it gets automatically created at xbmc startup. Are you sure it's not there ? Can you do a ls -la in /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/ ?

Yes checked it again after update new apk.
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/ is empty
and userdata, addons, media, system, language, sounds and FEH.py is at
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/
There is no Android folder

In userdata folder there only one folder called 'Picturelcon' and couple of xml files nothing else

I also had many plugins on my pivos xios ds.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6