Not all movies showing up in library - best way to find out which ones are missing?
I've got a pretty large number of movies, and when looking at my library in XBMC I can tell that a few of them are missing. I've currently got 761 movies in my scanned directory. However, I can see that only 756 of them are showing up in the library view. I'm guessing this is due to a discrepancy in the way certain movies are named and scraped. Is there any easy way to figure out which ones aren't showing up in the library list other than going through and comparing my movies one by one?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Add-on:Missing Movie Scanner (wiki)
(2012-07-26, 03:03)Ned Scott Wrote: Add-on:Missing Movie Scanner (wiki)

Is there anything similar for TV series?

I have XBMC on my Raspberry Pi showing the folder for Red Dwarf, but it says it is empty and I know it has all the series in it.

Same for a few other seasons.

thanks
(2013-01-07, 11:53)TomTom2000 Wrote: Is there anything similar for TV series?

I have XBMC on my Raspberry Pi showing the folder for Red Dwarf, but it says it is empty and I know it has all the series in it.

Same for a few other seasons.

There are two problems:

The first is enumeration. A useful hack is to export your TV library from XBMC and then sort the media file system on change dates. This should find all of your missing shows.

The second problem is scraping. Double check that the show is named exactly as it is on TheTVDB and that a proper season and episode name is assigned. You can also look at your log file for errors, but this is cumbersome. If those steps fail, I use MediaElch to manually scrape the show.
Guys, I have a similar problem and I would appreciate your help...

When I start Kodi in my ATV2, the scanning starts, it finds all the new movies, but these will not show in the showcase/list when I go into Movies.

What can I do?
ok installed the add on missing movie scanner. problem is it does not FIX anything.

it finds the 10 missing movies but well that is it. it does not actually DO anything IE how to I "fix it" so it incorporates teh movies into the database properlyHuh?
Well now you know what the movies are, give us an example of the FULL PATH AND NAME of a movie that is not scraping, also where in that path the source is set, and what your source scraping settings are.

An example of a full path is:

c:\media\movies\avatar 2009\avatar.mkv

with the source set as c:\media\movies, set as movies with themoviedb set as scraper and ... (how the options are set)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr - nerys issue solved in a thread in 'windows' forum - wrongly named files (years were incorrect)
Just a quick FYI. Kodi 15 will retry without appending year if first scrape attempt failed. Source https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6532
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yep. all of them were "year" issues. pocahontas needed journey and year.

100% in library now.

thank you!
Bumping old thread , no need for a new one, this is the exact problem I am having.

I downloaded Missing Movies add-on, and can see the titles of the missing movies flash during Library Update, but they still don't show in the Movie list.

I then went back and added years to the missing movies, both the folder and the file itself. Nothing.

Most are major releases too, titles like Avatar, Whiplash, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins etc. (over 25 out of 220 titles)

If I look them up in Windows, I can see all the fanart, extra fanart etc. ...and can play them from there, but they are still not showing in the Movie list.

I've been at this for countless hours on and off for weeks, and am at a loss for now.

Any updated possible solutions? Any help greatly appreciated...

Thanks
-Steve
debug log (wiki) of scraping.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK, I viewed the event log and found some things I needed to address on my own, but there are still several movies not showing up.

One of the things I noticed was extrafanart folders were inside the movie folder along with the movie on almost all content that wasn't showing up, so I deleted those in one movie and it showed up. (the good).
Then in an "aha!" moment I did that with all that weren't showing, but no more showed, so you might see those errors in the logfile. (the bad)

As stated, currently there are around 15 movies not showing, I've checked and re-checked that all titles and (year) are all spelled correctly and both file and folder match exactly. I hope someone can help, and I hope I pasted the correct information.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23678894/
(2016-12-19, 21:00)nickr Wrote: debug log (wiki) of scraping.
See above post ...again, hope I got it right...
So in that log, what is an example of a file that didn't scrape?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not all movies showing up in library - best way to find out which ones are missing?2