• 24(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2012-08-06, 09:55)TF2000 Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 09:35)Kevo Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 09:08)jscsltd Wrote: Another thought, is that I wonder if it's worth flashing the Xios DS firmware onto the Sumvision box. I know this may brick the device but if they are the same hardware, wouldn't this be possible?

Thanks for your help.

Try it and let us know if it works or breaks.

I've already tried it (on 2 devices). Seems to work without any issues.

Hi TF2000.
Did you find the Sumvision box ran better with the Xios DS firmware installed? I find the wifi very unstable too on this box. Did that improve at all after flashing the Xios DS firmware?

Which version of the Xios DS firmware did you flash? Was it the GB or ICS?

Thanks,
John
If your wifi is unstable please have a look at this thread about re-positioning the antenna: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=874 (How to: XIOS DS Wifi fix in 5 mins.) It solved my wifi issues.
(2012-08-06, 10:28)jscsltd Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 09:55)TF2000 Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 09:35)Kevo Wrote: Try it and let us know if it works or breaks.

I've already tried it (on 2 devices). Seems to work without any issues.

Hi TF2000.
Did you find the Sumvision box ran better with the Xios DS firmware installed? I find the wifi very unstable too on this box. Did that improve at all after flashing the Xios DS firmware?

Thanks,
John

Hi,

To be honest, I didn't really see much difference after applying the Xios ICS image (although I only used the Sumvision for about 30 minutes before deciding to try the Xios image). I didn't try the Wifi so I cant tell you if it's any better.

I do get lots of crashes in XBMC but I'm putting these down to the alpha status of the app rather than the Xios image on Sumvision hardware.

Let me know if there is anything you want me to try (but be warned my Android skills are close to non existant).
(2012-08-06, 11:23)TF2000 Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 10:28)jscsltd Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 09:55)TF2000 Wrote: I've already tried it (on 2 devices). Seems to work without any issues.

Hi TF2000.

Thanks,
John

Hi,

To be honest, I didn't really see much difference after applying the Xios ICS image (although I only used the Sumvision for about 30 minutes before deciding to try the Xios image). I didn't try the Wifi so I cant tell you if it's any better.

I do get lots of crashes in XBMC but I'm putting these down to the alpha status of the app rather than the Xios image on Sumvision hardware.

Let me know if there is anything you want me to try (but be warned my Android skills are close to non existant).

Thanks a lot, that's great. I'll give this a go this evening.
I think the wifi issues are down to the internal position of the antenna, so I'll open up the box and do this as well.

Thanks,
John

(2012-08-06, 10:39)Elbert Wrote: If your wifi is unstable please have a look at this thread about re-positioning the antenna: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=874 (How to: XIOS DS Wifi fix in 5 mins.) It solved my wifi issues.

Thanks for this. Will give this a go.
Question 
Hi guys, wish I had something to test on Sad

I am looking at replacing my atv2's but am wanting to be able to handle 3d now aswell, have been looking around and this is as far as I have found, but not being major into hardware I dont know if it would work.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexiview-FV-1...19d2acfa2f

Am posting in the hope someone richer than me may buy it and try it Smile
(2012-08-06, 14:05)backlash666 Wrote: Hi guys, wish I had something to test on Sad

I am looking at replacing my atv2's but am wanting to be able to handle 3d now aswell, have been looking around and this is as far as I have found, but not being major into hardware I dont know if it would work.

Bought and tried one of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/388070-sumvision-c...nenanoslim-

Works fine with ICS and latest pivos xios official alpha version of XBMC (normal bugs and issues withstanding).

(2012-08-06, 22:15)sipart Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 14:05)backlash666 Wrote: Hi guys, wish I had something to test on Sad

Bought and tried one of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/388070-sumvision-c...nenanoslim-

Works fine with ICS and latest pivos xios official alpha version of XBMC (normal bugs and issues withstanding).

I've tried this combination too. I flashed the Pivos Xios DS firmware without a problem and it does seem more complete than the Sumvision firmware.
Streaming using XBMX and the Pivos software from the 1Channel addon is quite poor and choppy to be honest. Still not sure if the hardware just isn't up to the job or its the XBMC that isn't making the most of the hardware that's available.

Any ideas appreciated.
I am not using wifi but a wired connection!

1Channel addon is asking for and getting dvdplayer and not amlplayer. Ask the author of the 1Channel addon to fix this and 'auto select' then player instead. We will NOT be adding hacks inside xbmc to redirect player selection requests, this only results in a player arms race.
I'm having issues with Amazon and Hulu addons, and they appear to be related to lbrtmp. I grabbed the newest librtmp.so for Android off rtmpdump, but it is only 110 KB as opposed to the 1.02 MB one installed with XBMC. Tried to simply switch it out anyway, but that just made XBMC crash when attempting to play a stream (instead of simply failing like it did before switching out the files).
Any suggestions on how to resolve this and get the newest librtmp into Android?
The newest librtmp (released) is in android. We have said this before, we will not git clone some random head for any xbmc library depends, The library devs must release a tagged release before we will bump lib versions. Go bug librtmp devs to release a tagged release like they should.
(2012-08-04, 13:42)michaeljwestii Wrote:
(2012-07-29, 20:25)WisdomWolf Wrote:
(2012-07-26, 19:14)michaeljwestii Wrote: I just wish I could figure out where sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml are loaded so I can copy over my custom ones.

<STORAGE DEVICE>/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

<STORAGE DEVICE> refers to sdcard or external storage, whichever is applicable to your phone/tablet. Be sure to have hidden files visible or you won't see the .xbmc folder.

That is exactly what I was looking for, I forgot about checking for hidden folders. thanks!

Glad I could help. I added it to the wiki as well, since this seems to be a common question.

I tried to put a custom advancedsettings.xml into the userdata folder and xbmc will not boot. Is there something specific that I am missing?
(2012-08-09, 00:20)thebaum Wrote: I tried to put a custom advancedsettings.xml into the userdata folder and xbmc will not boot. Is there something specific that I am missing?

I had this issue. I had to restart the device. Still took ages to start XBMC but it did start in the end.
Hi can someone please confirm if it's possible to reflash the Sumvision Nano Slim Plus with the Pivos firmware, and run the hardware accelerated Pivos xbmc build on it? I'm itching to replace my Original Xbox and not sure I can wait for a Pivos UK reseller. Smile And at £73 in black it seems ok value.

I've heard the Wifi isn't that great on the Sumvision but this is moot as I'd be using wired anyway. Is it 10/100/1Gb or 10/100 does anyone know?

Many thanks for any info. Smile
(2012-08-10, 15:00)rl4engx Wrote: Hi can someone please confirm if it's possible to reflash the Sumvision Nano Slim Plus with the Pivos firmware, and run the hardware accelerated Pivos xbmc build on it? I'm itching to replace my Original Xbox and not sure I can wait for a Pivos UK reseller. Smile And at £73 in black it seems ok value.

I've heard the Wifi isn't that great on the Sumvision but this is moot as I'd be using wired anyway. Is it 10/100/1Gb or 10/100 does anyone know?

Many thanks for any info. Smile

Yes. I've done it, as have others on the forum. Where have you seen the black model for £73?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6