• 1(current)
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....
The Arctic barebone below might be the cheapest and the most powerful very low power HTPC on the market. It included everything other than SSD and Windows 7 for $479. It is very tiny.....

1. Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)
2. ARCTIC’s Trinity Inspired HTPC Powerhouse

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've been keeping my eye on this one. Here are a couple of other threads already here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121859
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132184

And in this thread here's a guy who's been using one:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1416245/htpc-w...-by-arctic

I'd love to have my hands on a mini-itx Trinity mobile embedded motherboard.
It's not a bad deal for a very nice case, great newest CPU/iGPU and everything else they included in their barebone system....
I ordered one last week. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
(2012-11-01, 06:16)woomba Wrote: I ordered one last week. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
You'll enjoy it.....and let us know how it turn out.....

(2012-11-01, 06:16)woomba Wrote: I ordered one last week. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Can't wait to get some feedback on this hardware!!

and it includes a TV Tuner,....not bad....not bad at all. Uh-oh,....I feel money jumping out of my wallet.
Imagine if it included a CableCard tuner ... and a tap for beer Smile.
ummmm,...wedding bells
(2012-11-02, 14:48)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: and it includes a TV Tuner,....not bad....not bad at all. Uh-oh,....I feel money jumping out of my wallet.
I wish that there is money in my wallet...Blush

I'm planning to mount Samsung 55" Series 7 LED Black Flat Panel 3D HDTV- UN55ES7100 on the wall.....it'll definitely look good on the table underneath the LED....I doubt that my wallet will support MC101 though....Sad

I'm afraid that I might have to settle for the cheaper AMD A6-5400K.....

(2012-11-02, 16:23)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Imagine if it included a CableCard tuner ... and a tap for beer Smile.
You still can get cable channels by connecting cable coaxial to it.....you'll get local in high def, and standard def for all other channels....

(2012-11-02, 20:19)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 16:23)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Imagine if it included a CableCard tuner ... and a tap for beer Smile.
You still can get cable channels by connecting cable coaxial to it.....you'll get local in high def, and standard def for all other channels....

Thanks for the clarification, bluray. It's also clear to me it also won't ever serve beer.

FWIW, with my non CableCard tuners on my cable system (Comcast) you only get locals in HD or SD and no other channels except QVC, NECN and local access. There is no access to what used to be considered basic cable without a CableCard on our cable system. So, your mileage may vary on the tuner.

I honestly don't care about the tuner.
(2012-11-02, 04:11)bluray Wrote: ]You'll enjoy it.....and let us know how it turn out.....

(2012-11-02, 14:40)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Can't wait to get some feedback on this hardware!!

The order status is still 'hasn't been processed yet'. I will definitely give you some feedback once I have it.
It finally arrived! Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment and can't set it up.
(2012-11-14, 05:53)woomba Wrote: It finally arrived! Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment and can't set it up.
It's exciting time......take some photos and let us know how it handles XBMC....

Here is a first photo of it next to a G500. It is much smaller than what I thought.

Sorry for the bad light.

Put Windows 8 on it and checked out the performance info. The HDD is a Samsung SSD.

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic MC101 Barebone (A10)- very powerful low power HTPC....0