• 7(current)
New Aeon Nox crashing?
I opened an issue in Github to grab their attention:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/issues/466

Go there and put ur comments
(2012-11-03, 00:30)bladesuk1 Wrote: although i can stilll ssh onto the system and restart the gui from there

How do you restart just the GUI from SSH?

(2012-11-03, 00:30)bladesuk1 Wrote: i'm having the same issue, but i'm using the xbmc android remote control, so it's not usb. 64-bit ION (acer revo 3700) under openelec's current version (2.0) after a completely clean install. issue only present on this skin - context menu fails and system locks up, although i can stilll ssh onto the system and restart the gui from there. disabled the mouse and the next aired add-on, but still crashes. nothing different in the logs to anything that's been posted on here, so i've not bothered to post any logs up. the end of the logfile doesn't mention the context menu at all, and the last line is a timeout from the android xbmc remote's ip address.

I have the exact same problem as well, but im on XBMCBuntu (latest release).
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

A little update, I'm using 3.6.1 on a fresh install and I completely uninstalled the next aired addon and I have had zero crashes since. It is so nice to finally be able to use this skin again as it is my favorite. Hopefully this can help some people!
I'm also having issue with "Add Videos". XBMC freezes every time with latest Aeon Nox / OpenElec 2.0 / Zotac. Thanks.
Yep, heaps of freezing here as well (for a good month or two). Glad I found this topic so I know it's not just me! Just about to read through it all, hopefully there are some fixes other than changing skins.
I haven't disabled Next Aired add-on, since I like to use TV-guide, but I've disabled "Show next aired info in media library" option and haven't experience any hard freezes since then.
The freezing should be solved when you revert to version 3.5 while using openelec someone said in the thread here.
I'm using Openelec and after uninstalling Next Aired add-on I no longer have any freezing issues. I started with fresh builds on two different machines (Openelec 2.0 for AMD build) and latest nightly for Nvidia build. Both are working fine after uninstalling Next Aired, it's the first thing I did as soon as I installed Nox 3.6.1
Guys, has there been a solution to this? I also have this problem on multiple occasions with OpenElec 2.0 on a Zotac AD10.
(2012-11-24, 18:47)toadle Wrote: Guys, has there been a solution to this? I also have this problem on multiple occasions with OpenElec 2.0 on a Zotac AD10.

reading helps:
(2012-11-11, 13:14)Roman_V_M Wrote: I haven't disabled Next Aired add-on, since I like to use TV-guide, but I've disabled "Show next aired info in media library" option and haven't experience any hard freezes since then.

(2012-11-13, 18:32)tman12 Wrote: I'm using Openelec and after uninstalling Next Aired add-on I no longer have any freezing issues. I started with fresh builds on two different machines (Openelec 2.0 for AMD build) and latest nightly for Nvidia build. Both are working fine after uninstalling Next Aired, it's the first thing I did as soon as I installed Nox 3.6.1

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Disabling next aired doesn't solve the problems for everyone. It's not a solution to the problem, it's just something that helps some people. Many others have posted that disabling these settings does nothing to stop the freezing/crashes.

To call that a "solution" is disingenuous. Phil, I understand you haven't been able to find the source of the crashing, but it's still an issue.
(2012-11-25, 05:04)StinDaWg Wrote: Many others
lol. considering the amount of downloads of nox that statement is disingenuous, not mine.
i can say it again and again: if there isn´t someone who can tell us a reproducable test case or can search the git commit causing that there is nothing we can do. all those bug reports are 100% useless to us.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
And how many people who download your skin are a member of the forums? A fraction? I'd say there's plenty of talk here to show that it's a problem, considering people don't have crashing/freezing problems with any of the other popular skins.

Love your skin, but I can't use it when it crashes Windows at least once every hour and I have to reboot.
(2012-11-27, 03:05)StinDaWg Wrote: And how many people who download your skin are a member of the forums? A fraction? I'd say there's plenty of talk here to show that it's a problem, considering people don't have crashing/freezing problems with any of the other popular skins.

Love your skin, but I can't use it when it crashes Windows at least once every hour and I have to reboot.

so what do you expect me to do? i cannot fix something if i cannot replicate it on any of my 3 test machines (+ noone from the more experienced guys here around cannot replicate it either)
you have 2 options:
1) use something else and be happy
2) learn GIT and find the commit causing the crash

moreover, it´s 99% a xbmc core or script-specific bug and not something which is wrong in skin code.
I don't expect you to do anything, just keep an eye out if someone is able to pinpoint a fix. Wink

I use xbmc so much it's frustrating, I just want it to work right. The only other decent option is MQ3/4, but I prefer this skin by far.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Aeon Nox crashing?0