• 42(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
That's great news

Great work btw
is there anyway to resume playback of a movie?

great app btw
Hi

Thanks for a greate app, use it alot on my ipad. A button I have always missed is "Shut down XBMC-client" though. Not shut down computer or anything, just the xbmc client running on my computer. The reason is, I use my laptop to do other things than to watch movies on my TV, and after watching a movie I can't just jank the hdmi out of my comp since resolutions etc etc gets carzy if I havn't terminated XBMC first. To just do this on my ipad, then get up and pull out the hdmi-cabel and take my comp with me would be nice Smile

I have seen that other remotes (can't remember the name) had this function, so it is possible atleast.

Hope yopu take this request in consideration.

Thanks

Great looking new UI.
Just installed the app on my iPad2.
Is there any planning for PVR support in the app. Like a channel list?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
@Overawy, the new version was submit to apple yesterday

@Saux64, yes you can resume a video playback - when you tap the play button if a resume point is found, in the action list there is a voice "Resume from HH:MM"

@Hersan, I will look into the feasibility

@Baswazz, you can already view the PVR channel list by going into Movies> Live TV. Due to the limited PVR api calls currently the live TV section is here. In the future there will be a dedicated section.

and thank you to all of you for the kind words!
Alright, so I really seem to be using this remote over the others and really see it as my go to remote. I do have two questions tho.
1)Direct play mode-what is it? I googled it but couldn't see any references to it.
2)Any way to ignore 'the' in band names? I'd rather have The Black Keys under 'B'

Thanks in advance and can't wait for the new update!
@StealthyMonk, Direct play mode acts when tapping on a row that contains a playable item:
- if it's turned off, an action sheet is showed with the options "play", "queue", "queue after current" etc.
- if it's turned on, the item is directly played

EDIT: forgot to answer second question: it isn't an easy task due the fact even if I ask to XBMC to return the movies list with the ignore articles on, when the app have to put the items in letters sections, I loose the ignore article sort. The only solution I see is to replicate the logic for ignore articles inside the app.
Hi joethefox thanks for pointing me on this.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
@joethefox : if you can motivate the team for next release to have a way to get current Xbmc language or better the sort articles list Wink Wink Wink
(2012-11-30, 11:13)Overawy Wrote: Hi,
Great app. Since updating to frodo beta 1 when playing a movie or tv show when the remote switchs to the now playing screen the app crashes.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

I'm experiencing the same problem. After updating to frodo beta, remote crashes when switching to now playing screen.
It is a very good screen that no other remote comes close to in usability.

I use a Iphone 3gs connected to raspberry pi. The remote is v1.1.9
Hey,

I hope this is the correct area to post my issue, apologies if it is not.

I use XBMC on raspberry pi with the ipad xbmc remote. For the last couple of weeks (since I set it up) it has worked perfectly. However, tonight my XBMC updated itself and now the remote only works when there is no video playing. As soon as a video comes on, be it from say iplayer or videos from my hard drive the remote app crashes. When I attempt to re-launch it crashes strait away. If I switch off my wifi on the ipad, the remote does not crash.

Has anyone seen this before and knows how to fix itHuh??

Thanks
(2012-11-30, 13:07)joethefox Wrote: @Overawy, sadly it's a known issue due to some api changes starting from november 25, not the beta1 (released before november 25). Incoming app update will solve the issue, thank you for your patience.

I also notice that keyboard.xml is not working with the remote under Frodo beta 2. Keyboard.xml works with the keyboard, but no longer with the remote - worked under Eden. Thanks and great work, a really impressive app.
@Tolriq, perhaps if one day this suggestion will be accepted maybe the issue will vanish (detected articles at the end of the title) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129326

@bstrang3, @dm2875, sadly it's a known issue due to some api changes starting from november 25, not the beta1 (released before november 25). Incoming app update will solve the issue (was submitted to apple for review on Dec 3), thank you for your patience.

@learningit, maybe because there was an API change http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13464 - so until a rewrite of the remote control functions using the event server, we have lost the relationship with the keyboard.xml . What is the behaviour that you are missing?
@joethefox would it be possable to add programs to the home screen like tv shows and music and be able to browse the add ons under programs too ??

Raines44
@raines44, yes I want it too: programs and live tv will have a dedicated section
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8