Changing channels = buffering
I'm having the same issue with the NPVR plugin and i've tried nearly every build so far and I still can't change channels without stopping going back to the menu's and changing from there.

NPVR works fine on it's own but regardless of which tuner I have enabled XBMC will not change channels. I've also tried this on 3 different pc's all with the same results.
For me, with Timeshift enabled, the NextPVR add-on will tune the channel, play exactly 1 second of video / audio before an error message is displayed by XBMC saying "NextPVR: Tuner Lost" or similar. XBMC then loops that 1 second of video / audio continuously until stopped. With it disabled it plays fine. This is on Beta 2 with patches installed.
For you and I think everyone else too. It's been like this for me since the Nov. 22 sub3 changes.

Martin
Also getting the channel change freeze bug as everyone else is.

At least it detects the LCN's during scanning. Something Argus couldn't manage, after 12 hours of fiddling.

Smile
Hi emveepee and gibxxi...

sub is aware of the issue and is due to look at it once he has returned home (he is away at the moment)
Small bug with TV channel logos too.

Example: UK Channel 5*.

If you name the Icon "5_.png" NextPVR won't see it. Nor will it see it with a trailing space (5 .png). It does see it if you name the channel simply "5.png" but then the forwarding to XBMC fails.
OK folks I have found a solution to the channel freezes and the tuner lost issue. i have re-downloaded the plugin from the 20th of Nov as i remember having it working perfectly on that date. If I use that version I can use the latest nightly build and can timeshift change channel etc.. without any issues.

you can get the version of plugin from here.

http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/pvr...extpvr.zip
I'm having similar issues as the ones described in this thread. As a standalone application, NextPVR seems to work fine. I can view and change channels without any issues. In XBMC, however, when I try changing a channel it freezes for a good amount of time, tries to buffer the next channel, then outputs only audio, the video is still frozen on the previous channel. If I try stopping the live tv and starting a different station, XBMC crashes. I have tried with and without timeshift enabled (however Timeshift doesn't work even when enabled). I am using XBMC Frodo beta 2 with the latest version of NextPVR and the update pack is installed.

edit: I tried the method posted by Mclarenmp4 to no avail.
Hi guys, I'm having similar issues as the ones described in this thread
I'm having the same issue with the NPVR plugin!
MediaPortal work fine!
But сhanging the channel is very slow.... brrr Sad
NPVR very fast,light and most buggy... heh..................
there is no happiness in life
Hello new to forum (actually this is my first post).

I live in the US and have standard off the wall digital cable, and really like the NextPVR software. I found it easy to set up and use and works well. Channel change time 2 seconds or less. When running through XBMC it takes 5 to 6 seconds. Is there a solution/reason for this? If so is it in the post and I missed it somewhere. Thanks!
(2012-12-20, 19:33)Gizmo85 Wrote: I live in the US and have standard off the wall digital cable, and really like the NextPVR software. I found it easy to set up and use and works well. Channel change time 2 seconds or less. When running through XBMC it takes 5 to 6 seconds. Is there a solution/reason for this?
NextPVR is typically delivering channel data to XBMC within a second. Unfortunately there the ffmpeg playback components of XBMC takes several seconds analyzing the video before it'll start playback. I'm not aware of any workaround at this stage.

I have the same issues as the OP. Applying the updates referenced does not resolve.

I'm running XBMC 12 RC2 on Windows 8.

I have NextPVR 2.5.9 installed and working (channels can be tuned, pausing works etc.)

I have the current PVR add-on installed in XBMC.

I have applied the patches from the support thread (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...arted-info) and also from earlier in this thread. Before doing so, I stopped NPVR service, and rebooted my machine afterwards.

My problems in XBMC are as follows;

1. The pause icon on the XBMC intrface is dimmed / inaccessible
2. Clicking PAUSE key on remote does not have any effect
3. First time in to LiveTV, channel will tune OK, subsequent attempts to tune a channel will result in a BUFFERING message that sticks at a very low %
4. Stopping playback, exiting to main menu and re-entering LiveTV will often allow a new channel to be tuned.

Help appreciated.
(2012-12-25, 16:33)ptrmee Wrote: 1. The pause icon on the XBMC intrface is dimmed / inaccessible

Did you enable Time Shifting on the Advanced Setting tab for the NextPVR plugin? If yes, when you applied the patches did you install them properly to avoid UAC, running as Administrator is not good enough.

Martin

Time shifting is enabled on the Advance Setting tab. Confirmed.

Would appreciate pointer on the 'correct install' method - that might be a problem but I didn't see a reference to that anywhere. (my account is admin and I didn't receive any UAC messages that I recall).

Thanks!
It depends on how you extract and move the patches in. One way would be to use 7-Zip File manager and start it with the Run as Administrator . Also note that you usually have to stop NTray.exe before applying patches.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing channels = buffering0