• 11(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Hello
I am using XBMC Frodo Beta 2, Aeon Nox 4.0 and I tried for the first time MyPics DB 1.2.9.

When I launched XBMC I had the message "Sript error MyPics DB"

I have configured MyPics DB, selected my Images repertory but the scan did not start ?
Please, always send the log to xbmclog and paste the url with your reply
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Sorry, please find hereunder the log file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20480
Pierre.

Could you rename your folder :

C:\Users\Pierre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb-master

To

C:\Users\Pierre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb

Don't know if it the source of issue but as you have install add-on form ZIP and not from repository, folder name is not correct.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
@Xycl

I have downloaded the last ZIP from GITHUB and make some improvements as fresh install in Aeon Nox 4.0 rize ERROR in log (because categories tables does not exist or no picture in DB).

So edit default.py file, go to line 1027 and replaces those lines :

Code:
# Get general statistics and set properties
        Count = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files WHERE "EXIF DateTimeOriginal" NOT NULL AND UseIt=1""" )[0]
        Categories = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM categories""" )[0]
        Collections = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM collections""" )[0]
        Folders = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM folders WHERE HasPics = 1""" )[0]

by

Code:
# Get general statistics and set properties
        # Check if FILES table exist
        _tableExist = MPDB.Request( """SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE name='files'""" )
        if len(_tableExist) != 0:
            Count = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files WHERE "EXIF DateTimeOriginal" NOT NULL AND UseIt=1""" )[0]
        else:
            Count = [0]
        # Check if CATEGORIES table exist
        _tableExist = MPDB.Request( """SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE name='categories'""" )
            Categories = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM categories""" )[0]
        else:
            Categories = [0]
        # Check if COLLECTIONS table exist
        _tableExist = MPDB.Request( """SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE name='collections'""" )
            Collections = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM collections""" )[0]
        else:
            Collections = [0]
        # Check if FOLDERS table exist
        _tableExist = MPDB.Request( """SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE name='folders'""" )
            Folders = MPDB.Request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM folders WHERE HasPics = 1""" )[0]
        else:
            Folders = [0]

Thanks.

(2012-12-11, 16:44)mikebzh44 Wrote: I have downloaded the last ZIP from GITHUB and make some improvements as fresh install in Aeon Nox 4.0 rize ERROR in log (because categories tables does not exist or no picture in DB).
Thanks.

Hi Mikebzh44,

I'll have a look on it this evening and probably exchange table Categories with table TagTypes (with a constraint to categories).
I've removed all special tag tables and changed the code to use the general TagTypes & TagContents tables.
But, obviously I forgot to change the statistic skin properties introduced by you Blush

Xycl
No log no help.
Great Wink

Havign trouble setting this up.

If i point it to a folder on the system or usb stick it finds the pictures, however all my pics/photos are stored on a server in my loft and selecting the photos folder ( which is added as a source in xbmc and is a shared folder ) on the server doesnt find any photos.

any Ideas?

Thanks

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
Wait for the final Frodo release of MyPicsDB then it'll be able to access remote shares without any trouble or read the text from help menu.

If you're brave enough then try MyPicsDB from my repository.
Link: https://github.com/Xycl/repository.xycl....-1.9.0.zip

It's any early beta version using a new file parser which supports the xbmcvfs module. Therefore you can expect some broken functionality but you can access remote shares with NFS or SMB.
No log no help.
Brilliant working great, Thanks

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
Frodo:

Don't use the geolocation with Frodo because it'll crash your XBMC.
No log no help.
(2012-06-28, 12:49)Xycl Wrote: Person tags are read from XMP MPRegTongueersonDisplayName.
Microsoft was the first who introduced this tag with Picture Gallery. Therefore the MPReg namespace.
Due to the complete chaos with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags, I don't wonder that other programs use a different tags.

But with Picasa there is a complete different problem. Picasa stores the persons in it's own database but not in the pictures.
Have a look at: (there's also the solution for your problem)
AvPicFaceXmpTagger

Anyone knows a Mac OSX application which is able to do the same as AvPicFaceXmpTagger?
My searches were not successfully so far!
would be good ... thanks
rebuilding ....
Oh oh. I'm testing the 1.9.0... Still scanning my 9000 pictures through CIFS share. I'm still waiting for the end, but it sounds good.
Thanks !
Some debug information:
NOTICE: There is useful EXIF-like data here (quality, comment, copyright), but we have no parser for it.
What does it mean ?
Eventghost 0.3.7.r1462 / XBMC Dharma RC2 / Windows Seven 64bits (AOpen MiniPC MP965-DR 2GB RAM Core 2 Duo T8300 Penryn 2.4 Ghz)
Hi,
Have had this installed for a while and just getting around to playing with it. Everything about the plugin seems to be doing fine, but I had some questions about usability and am not sure if it's a skin or plugin problem and hoped you could clear it up so I can ask in the appropriate place.

XBMC Eden
MyPicsDB 1.29

1. Aeon Nox has a "Pictures" menu item but it is the only menu item that has completely transparent menus which makes it hard to read depending on the background pictures. Since this the only menu item like this I thought it might be a plugin setting.

2. I would like to add some sub-menus to the main menu item for easy access to my most used functions. Aeon Nox allows for custom button functions, but I'm not sure how to make them for a plugin. This way I could go directly to keywords or a collection from the sub menu.

something like:
function = XBMC.RunScript(plugin.image.mypicsdb,0,?action='setproperties'&method ='Keywords'&sort ='Name')
or
function = XBMC.RunScript(plugin.image.mypicsdb,0,?action='setproperties'&method ='Collection'&collname ='Pets'&sort ='Name')
??

Is there a reference somewhere with all the methods and such to customize these?

Lastly, I wondered if it would be possible to add a menu item to "add to collection" in the fullscreen mode or the info mode? There are times when I have a series of similar pictures and I want to pick the best ones for a collection and the thumbs aren't big enough to to distinguish between them which means a lot of going back and forth and button clicking to add items to a collection.

Edit: Info mode crops images so that wouldn't work. =/

Either way, I really love your plugin and you have my thanks for all your hard work!

Cheers

i'm rescanning my database after a fresh installation of xbmc and frodo.
i'm not able to use the same db but the issue isn't it.
every time i scan a certain folder the scan stop always in the same pictures ed i receive a pyton error message (with confluence) and scan stops showing me the number of incriminated image. if i scan the same folder in eden everyting works...
on eden i have mypicd from your abandoned dharma repo (as suggested from you time ago..)
on frodo the last from your repos
any idea? do you need my log
thankyou peppe

[EDIT]

today i have installed last version from git (1.9.6) and i'm rescanning.
i will let you know!
peppe

[EDIT]

always the same result on the same image!!
i need help
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1