• 58(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Hello! This is an awesome app, but I have a problem with XBMC 12RC3 (XBMCbuntu) on this app This button (see on screen Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us) is not working. As far as I know - this button must show a context menu (like right mouse click), but when i click on this key - nothing is happen. Tried XBMC Constellation - everything works fine. How can I fix this issue? Thank you!

P.S. Sorry if this question is allready asked in this thread, but my English is terrible and I can't find an answer.
@hayona, thank you!
1) true, you should notice the same behaviour in XBMC GUI
2) you can try to tap and hold the folder and select "queue", all the files inside that folder should be present in the music playlist now.

HINTS: MusicBrainz Picard or equivalent software could help you to tag your mp3s if they aren't properly scraped by XBMC.

@LCF_R, thank you! try to tap and hold that button to activate the context menu. You can access the buttons explanation in the help screen (top right button of your screenshot -> help screen).
(2013-01-18, 14:32)joethefox Wrote: @LCF_R, thank you! try to tap and hold that button to activate the context menu. You can access the buttons explanation in the help screen (top right button of your screenshot -> help screen).

Thank you for your fast answer! I'll try your advice (when I will be at home). May be you can add an option in program settings to choose between "tap and hold" and "tap" to access this option in future versions of application?
@LCF_R, yes, thinking on that button, it could act as context menu when tap it if you are not in fullscreen (so avoiding additional settings)
Hey joethefox,

does this app work with XBMC 12RC3? And is there a step-by-step on how to do a setup? Maybe the first post could be updated with that? Clean up the old TO-DO and add a how-to install.

For noobs like myself setting this up is not trivial. Although for you guys it might seem a joke that I can't manage to do so. I understand I have to enter the IP address of the machine that I have XBMC running on. But I can't get any connection. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

The app says "go to system settings > network" all I see in Frodo is "system settings > internet access". Maybe that should be adjusted?

SOLVED Smile
It's System > Services > Webserver > Allow control of XBMC via HTTP (set to active)

@joethefox: Could you add that important info to the first post and adjust the info in the app itself so it matches frodo?
joethefox
Hello again! Tried your advice - yes, everything is work fine. Timings to open menu seems perfect! But I have a new idea to improove usability (logical construction of you app). May be you can move power on/off menu (hibernate, reboot and so on) [under the REMOTE CONTROL menu?
is it possible to sort by year in the movies section?
(2013-01-18, 14:32)joethefox Wrote: @hayona, thank you!
1) true, you should notice the same behaviour in XBMC GUI
2) you can try to tap and hold the folder and select "queue", all the files inside that folder should be present in the music playlist now.

HINTS: MusicBrainz Picard or equivalent software could help you to tag your mp3s if they aren't properly scraped by XBMC.

@LCF_R, thank you! try to tap and hold that button to activate the context menu. You can access the buttons explanation in the help screen (top right button of your screenshot -> help screen).

Thank you @joethefox! Queuing the entire folder solved my issue
+ thanks for the hint, i'll give it a try

Kudo!
I'm wondering where the default view for movies is. When I click on "movies" I get "No items found." But when I click the camera with the clock, I see all my movies in the order that I added them. Can someone help me out?
this is an amazing remote thanks, just recently I have noticed that it is a little slow to respond with my Xbmc's on two MacBooks. for example scrolling through films it will be unresponsive for a split second or it may jump a few rather than just one when pressing the down arrow.

It used to work seamless so I am just wondering what could be causing this slight interference?

thanks for any help
@Syncopation Is xmbc running on a mac by any chance? I have this problem also connecting to the bedroom xbmc installation running on a mac mini, but I dont have the problem when connecting to the xbmc installation running in either my lounge or kitchen (both openelec on revos)
ignore...
First time poster.

I've tried looking through the 87 pages of this thread and can see problems similar to mine, but not identical.

Mac mini 2012 running Eden, using a iPad 1st Gen.

Sometimes I can connect to XBMC first time and control it, other times it will take 4-5 attempts, shutting the app down, or re-searching until the app "finds" computer

Any ideas?
On reading
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13464
it appears that cursor operations in videoplay mode have been disabled

Is there any way to configure the keymaps to get the cursor keys working as stepfwd/bwd and bigstepfwd/bwd again?
Is there any other way to do perform a "bigstep" operation?
TommyT
Hi,

Since I installed this I'm unable to use my normal Apple TV remote. I can't seem to be able to unpair the iOS app, if such a thing is possible. Any ideas?

Also, I can't access the context menus using the iOS app.

Thanks.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8