• 30(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Outstanding!!! Thank YouNod
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2013-02-05, 00:15)Komet Wrote: A shiny new version is waiting for you: MediaElch 1.4 Smile Read about the new features in the announcement.
Downloads are here.

THANK YOU, LL TEST NOW Smile

edit: When I go to season tab to chosse a fanart (jpg/jpeg) in local folders, nothing is listed even theres a file.jpg inside...
Early testing of 1.4 feedback:

1) Would _love_ an option to remember my preferences for scraping of TV shows (TV Show, Show+Episode, etc), or be able to set a default. Something.
2) A initial launch popup to remind people to set Frodo or Eden as their profile option would be awesome as well. (I initially scraped using Eden, then had to redo it for Frodo)
3) The speed increase is night and day, much much appreciated! (Yes, feedback is positive too!)
4) When initially scraping a TV series, I have say "Battlestar Galactica (2003)", would it be possible to remove the (2003) automatically from the search? It's the default renaming, which I get, but when searching I get 0 results ever until I remove that portion from the search field. Just a minor annoyance.

Overall, a wonderful release, just a few tweaks and it's brilliant.
I just retested the "Fixed naming of posters and fanarts with stacked files" changes and all the art files are working fine. The only remaining issue is the naming of the .nfo file. It is currently being named as "Movie -CDx".nfo, where x is the CDid of the last file in the stack. XBMC will ignore these nfo files.
(2013-02-05, 00:54)fepunk Wrote: edit: When I go to season tab to chosse a fanart (jpg/jpeg) in local folders, nothing is listed even theres a file.jpg inside...

Local artwork will not be listed there, it shows the results from a scraper.
(2013-02-05, 03:49)peoii Wrote: Early testing of 1.4 feedback:

1) Would _love_ an option to remember my preferences for scraping of TV shows (TV Show, Show+Episode, etc), or be able to set a default. Something.
2) A initial launch popup to remind people to set Frodo or Eden as their profile option would be awesome as well. (I initially scraped using Eden, then had to redo it for Frodo)
3) The speed increase is night and day, much much appreciated! (Yes, feedback is positive too!)
4) When initially scraping a TV series, I have say "Battlestar Galactica (2003)", would it be possible to remove the (2003) automatically from the search? It's the default renaming, which I get, but when searching I get 0 results ever until I remove that portion from the search field. Just a minor annoyance.

Overall, a wonderful release, just a few tweaks and it's brilliant.

1) Feature request is recorded
2) No need to rescrape, use MediaElchs feature to rename artwork to Frodo naming conventions (http://www.mediaelch.de/xbmc-frodo-naming-scheme/)
3) Great Smile
4) I'll think about it. Most of the time appending the year will give you better search results. Maybe it's just the brackets which are causing problems
(2013-02-05, 04:05)DecK Wrote: I just retested the "Fixed naming of posters and fanarts with stacked files" changes and all the art files are working fine. The only remaining issue is the naming of the .nfo file. It is currently being named as "Movie -CDx".nfo, where x is the CDid of the last file in the stack. XBMC will ignore these nfo files.

Looks like nfo naming of stacked files has changed with Frodo. I think with Eden XBMC used a filename from the stack. I'll adjust it.
(2013-02-05, 10:33)Komet Wrote: [quote='fepunk' pid='1324030' dateline='1360018447']
edit: When I go to season tab to chosse a fanart (jpg/jpeg) in local folders, nothing is listed even theres a file.jpg inside...

Local artwork will not be listed there, it shows the results from a scraper.

OK, understood. But all my tv shows never brings up the season fanart by the scrapper, only season poster and banner, what i want is add a pictute manually to became my season fanart (automaticly rename the pictute that i chosed to seasonxx-fanart.jpg and put in the right place), BUT like i said, when i go and click at the buton "chose local image" nothing is listed... sorry if i cant be more clear...

edit: the images are not showing by itlself, but i typed "*" and all jpg files showed up, exactly what i wanted, i think the filter (*.jpg*.jpeg) is broken..is not missing a "," (comma) there?? or space

(2013-02-05, 17:25)fepunk Wrote: OK, understood. But all my tv shows never brings up the season fanart by the scrapper, only season poster and banner, what i want is add a pictute manually to became my season fanart (automaticly rename the pictute that i chosed to seasonxx-fanart.jpg and put in the right place), BUT like i said, when i go and click at the buton "chose local image" nothing is listed... sorry if i cant be more clear...

edit: the images are not showing by itlself, but i typed "*" and all jpg files showed up, exactly what i wanted, i think the filter (*.jpg*.jpeg) is broken..is not missing a "," (comma) there?? or space

Now I got your problem Wink Which OS do you use?

Cool Windows 8

Hi Komet,

Downloaded and installed 1.4. First impression? Fast in scanning and absolutely love the fact that I can download additional fan art. I am waiting for OE 3 to arrive to test the conversion to Frodo.

Keep up the good work!

Keep you posted Smile

Greetz,

_J@n_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
no issues re "looking " at my existing library thats pretty much all scanned in,

i did notice a speed increase as well .
ME 1.4 works so far. Thx for that!

A few suggestions for future versions:
1. Multi-Scraping: Scrape only Films which are recognized, all others ask at the end for user input
If you do a multiscrape on 30 films and only 20 are fully recognized by ME, put the remaining 10 at the end of the scrape and let the user correct the name for the search. E.g. remove "2011", "AC3" or $whatever and do a new search. Then users can scrape 30 films, get a cup of coffee, come back and rescrape the films, which are not recognized

2. Add default words/strings/characters to exclude from scanning or don't use for search
In XBMC this are the words which are ignored:
Code:
ac3|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]
see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml -> section "3.19 <cleanstrings>"
Maybe you can add them to ME, too?

3. Scrape/Multi-Scrape to temp-folder
Save Pics/Fanarts etc. in a temp folder, so if a crash occurs you don't have to rescrape all the unsaved Films again. It would save a lot of time and bandwidth. The temp folder can be deleted, if a film-information is saved.

Edit: Just had the 3rd crash while multiscraping. The Log gives nothing more than: (filenames edited)
Code:
"void DownloadManager::addDownload(DownloadManagerElement)              :" Entered, url=  QUrl( "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/165/hdmovielogo/moviename-part-ii-50b276a712d6d.png" )  
"void DownloadManager::addDownload(DownloadManagerElement)              :" Entered, url=  QUrl( "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/165/moviedisc/moviename-part-ii-4f7f5a968d178.png" )
"void DownloadManager::downloadFinished()                               :" Entered
"void DownloadManager::downloadFinished()                               :" Entered
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi Komet,

Thank you for the great job, I discovered MediaElch only a week ago and I am very pleased with it. I think MediaElch will soon become one of the best Media manager for XBMC. Thanks a lot!

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Hi Komet,

You forgot to update the first post with the new 1.4 version

Regards.
Zestef
(2013-02-07, 00:00)zestef Wrote: Hi Komet,

You forgot to update the first post with the new 1.4 version

Regards.
Zestef

Thanks Wink
The connection between MediaElch and XBMC 12 doesn’t work. Both Apps run on the same PC (Windows 8). I can access the XBMC Webserver via Browser, but MediaElch can’t. I’ve double-checked all settings and even disabled the Firewall, but doesn’t help. iPhone Remote App for XBMC also works.

Any ideas?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9