• 305(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Hi, I'm trying to add windows games to Advance Launcher, but after I've added a few games I get a script error message and all the games I've added disappear.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm running version 1.12.2
Log File: <iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=44jck2Jg" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>
(2013-02-17, 23:36)Rob55Levo Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to add windows games to Advance Launcher, but after I've added a few games I get a script error message and all the games I've added disappear.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm running version 1.12.2
Log File:
Thanks for the feedback. This is unfortunatelly a know bug that occuring with Frodo that I'm not able to identify and fix. Use the backup option into Advanced Launcher setting to recover your launchers.xml file before the error occurs.

Go into Advanced Launcher settings, then Backup/Debug menu, select Load a backup launchers.xml file. You will have a list of launchers.xml files named like this : YYYMMDD-HHMMSS-MILLIS-launchers.xml. Select the file corresponding to a date before your games was deleted.
Thanks for the quick response and advice, Ill wait for an update
-Rob
(2013-02-17, 23:48)Rob55Levo Wrote: Thanks for the quick response and advice, Ill wait for an update
-Rob
Could be long... and I'm not sure I will be able to fix it. Confused
Just a note Angelscy, The back up logs worked well, the Launcher did crash a few times while adding games but thanks to the logs I was able to return to where I left off each time. took a while, but sound advice, thanks.
I'm a long time user of Advanced Launcher (thank you for all your efforts!) but I never thought to ask:

When the launcher launches a game or program, it always causes XBMC to switch to windowed mode. Usually when you close the game, XBMC goes back to fullscreen mode, but sometimes it doesn't do so correctly and you get a weirdly aligned XBMC window.

This isn't a deal breaker, but it does look weird when launching, and if it doesn't go back correctly after closing the program, you have to switch it back to full screen manually. Is there a way to alleviate this from happening?
Hi all, I've been messing with PCSX2 and advanced launcher recently. I modified Angelscry's Autoit script a bit for it and thought I'd post it here if anyone else is looking for something similar. It allows you to close PCSX2 and return to XBMC with the escape key, as well as load a configuration folder on a per game basis. So Ratchet and Clank can launch in software mode from Advanced Launcher, while Final Fantasy XII can launch in DirectX 11. You need to use the binary version of PCSX2, and you need to create config folders for your games as well, which should be in a directory of their own with folder names matching rom names. It uses pssuspend, so if you want to use it, you'll need that too.

Code:
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

If $CmdLine[0] == 2 Then
    Run ( 'pssuspend XBMC.exe' )
    Run ( '"Your PCSX2 executable.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '" --cfgpath="Your config folders\' & $CmdLine[2] & '"', "Your PCSX2 directory" )
    While 2
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()
    ProcessClose ( "Your PCSX2 executable.exe" )
    Run ( 'pssuspend -r XBMC.exe')
    WinSetState("XBMC","", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
    Exit 0
EndFunc

You should also change your launcher arguments to
Code:
"%rom%" "%romname%"

Thanks for the great addon Angel!
First of all: Thanks for this great add-on, looks beautiful and keeps my ROM Collection organized.

Sadly, since my complete MediaCenter upgrade (11.04 -> 12.04, Eden -> Frodo), I'm running into some
issues regarding Advanced Launcher. I'm running xbmc-standalone via lightdm, so XBMC will start right
away & restart when ever it freezes, but running any Emulator Fullcreen (Mame, Mednafen, Mupen64Plus, ...)
will result in a black screen.
If I run XBMC from Gnome Desktop, starting the Emulators works just fine, as well as starting them windowed mode
gives me a result (Emulator working, but in upper, left corner).

It seems, like the Fullscreen Emulators can't "open" their "own graphical layer".

Strangely this exact setup has worked for me in Ubuntu 11.04 with Eden, but refuses to work now.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Christian
(2013-02-18, 03:57)crisdecuba Wrote: I'm a long time user of Advanced Launcher (thank you for all your efforts!) but I never thought to ask:

When the launcher launches a game or program, it always causes XBMC to switch to windowed mode. Usually when you close the game, XBMC goes back to fullscreen mode, but sometimes it doesn't do so correctly and you get a weirdly aligned XBMC window.

This isn't a deal breaker, but it does look weird when launching, and if it doesn't go back correctly after closing the program, you have to switch it back to full screen manually. Is there a way to alleviate this from happening?
You can normally avoid XBMC to switch into windows mode by going into launcher context menu ("C" key), then "Edit Launcher", then "Advanced Modifications" and set "Toggle XBMC into Windowed mode" to Off.

If it is not working you can also try to change the XBMC video settings by using "Fullscreen Windows" mode instead of "True Fullscreen" mode.

If it is again not working, the last thing you can try is to make s script that will force XBMC to maximize after your application was closed. You will found an example of such scripts here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=199

(2013-02-18, 13:41)Chime Wrote: Hi all, I've been messing with PCSX2 and advanced launcher recently. I modified Angelscry's Autoit script a bit for it and thought I'd post it here if anyone else is looking for something similar. It allows you to close PCSX2 and return to XBMC with the escape key, as well as load a configuration folder on a per game basis. So Ratchet and Clank can launch in software mode from Advanced Launcher, while Final Fantasy XII can launch in DirectX 11. You need to use the binary version of PCSX2, and you need to create config folders for your games as well, which should be in a directory of their own with folder names matching rom names. It uses pssuspend, so if you want to use it, you'll need that too.

Code:
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

If $CmdLine[0] == 2 Then
    Run ( 'pssuspend XBMC.exe' )
    Run ( '"Your PCSX2 executable.exe" "' & $CmdLine[1] & '" --cfgpath="Your config folders\' & $CmdLine[2] & '"', "Your PCSX2 directory" )
    While 2
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()
    ProcessClose ( "Your PCSX2 executable.exe" )
    Run ( 'pssuspend -r XBMC.exe')
    WinSetState("XBMC","", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
    Exit 0
EndFunc

You should also change your launcher arguments to
Code:
"%rom%" "%romname%"

Thanks for the great addon Angel!
Thank you the script. The config files do not have file extension?

(2013-02-18, 16:24)zwickl Wrote: First of all: Thanks for this great add-on, looks beautiful and keeps my ROM Collection organized.

Sadly, since my complete MediaCenter upgrade (11.04 -> 12.04, Eden -> Frodo), I'm running into some
issues regarding Advanced Launcher. I'm running xbmc-standalone via lightdm, so XBMC will start right
away & restart when ever it freezes, but running any Emulator Fullcreen (Mame, Mednafen, Mupen64Plus, ...)
will result in a black screen.
If I run XBMC from Gnome Desktop, starting the Emulators works just fine, as well as starting them windowed mode
gives me a result (Emulator working, but in upper, left corner).

It seems, like the Fullscreen Emulators can't "open" their "own graphical layer".

Strangely this exact setup has worked for me in Ubuntu 11.04 with Eden, but refuses to work now.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Christian
What have happened for my on my system is that the emulators were starting to fast before XBMC finish to release the graphical ressources. To solve this I have add a delay into Advanced Launcher that you could set before an after starting an application. You can adjust this delay into Advanced Launcher Settings / Advanced Options. Try to increase the "Adjust launcher delay" value to 1000ms or 2000ms, and look if it solve your problem. If it is ok... then decrease the delay until XBMC restart to freeze. The right delay value is depending how fast your system is able to switch ressources between XBMC and the started application. This values vary from 200ms to 1000ms on my different setup.
(2013-02-18, 18:30)Angelscry Wrote: You can normally avoid XBMC to switch into windows mode by going into launcher context menu ("C" key), then "Edit Launcher", then "Advanced Modifications" and set "Toggle XBMC into Windowed mode" to Off.

If it is not working you can also try to change the XBMC video settings by using "Fullscreen Windows" mode instead of "True Fullscreen" mode.

If it is again not working, the last thing you can try is to make s script that will force XBMC to maximize after your application was closed. You will found an example of such scripts here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=199
Didn't know that disabling the toggle was an option! Thank you very much!
(2013-02-18, 18:30)Angelscry Wrote: Thank you the script. The config files do not have file extension?
Sorry, I should've been more clear. The script loads a folder of ini files so that every option in PCSX2 is unique per game. It's handy for games that need weird settings to run, and allows you to tweak each game completely. Each game can have different graphics settings, 16:9/4:3 selection, memory cards, you name it.
(2013-02-18, 18:30)Angelscry Wrote: What have happened for my on my system is that the emulators were starting to fast before XBMC finish to release the graphical ressources. To solve this I have add a delay into Advanced Launcher that you could set before an after starting an application. You can adjust this delay into Advanced Launcher Settings / Advanced Options. Try to increase the "Adjust launcher delay" value to 1000ms or 2000ms, and look if it solve your problem. If it is ok... then decrease the delay until XBMC restart to freeze. The right delay value is depending how fast your system is able to switch ressources between XBMC and the started application. This values vary from 200ms to 1000ms on my different setup.

Already had the delay on 2000ms, what worked for me was the "Toggle XBMC to Windowed" switch. Now the games start and are working.
Only drawback: The Advanced Launcher draws about 30-40% CPU in the quite fancy ROM Select Menu in the background :/
A small option for "Pausing" the xbmc.bin Process (like "killall -STOP xbmc.bin & killall -CONT xbmc.bin") would be extremely nice Smile
Hi.

For as small a thing as it is, I cannot figure out how to get the YEAR information to display. The nfo generated is correct using the <year></year> format. If I click "C" on a title and go to Edit Item > Modify Datas/Infos, it lists the proper information for the year; in this case, it reads "Modify Release Date : 1992." However, on the showcase view, it says:

Year:
Info unavailable

Any advice on getting this to display would be awesome.

Thanks.
(2013-02-18, 19:51)zwickl Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 18:30)Angelscry Wrote: What have happened for my on my system is that the emulators were starting to fast before XBMC finish to release the graphical ressources. To solve this I have add a delay into Advanced Launcher that you could set before an after starting an application. You can adjust this delay into Advanced Launcher Settings / Advanced Options. Try to increase the "Adjust launcher delay" value to 1000ms or 2000ms, and look if it solve your problem. If it is ok... then decrease the delay until XBMC restart to freeze. The right delay value is depending how fast your system is able to switch ressources between XBMC and the started application. This values vary from 200ms to 1000ms on my different setup.

Already had the delay on 2000ms, what worked for me was the "Toggle XBMC to Windowed" switch. Now the games start and are working.
Only drawback: The Advanced Launcher draws about 30-40% CPU in the quite fancy ROM Select Menu in the background :/
A small option for "Pausing" the xbmc.bin Process (like "killall -STOP xbmc.bin & killall -CONT xbmc.bin") would be extremely nice Smile
There is already scripts for this (http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39). No need to add an option.

(2013-02-18, 22:32)dpandkp Wrote: Hi.

For as small a thing as it is, I cannot figure out how to get the YEAR information to display. The nfo generated is correct using the <year></year> format. If I click "C" on a title and go to Edit Item > Modify Datas/Infos, it lists the proper information for the year; in this case, it reads "Modify Release Date : 1992." However, on the showcase view, it says:

Year:
Info unavailable

Any advice on getting this to display would be awesome.

Thanks.
That's a problem with the skin you are using that do not properly display dates for program items. Here are the listitems entries used by Advanced Launcher that the skin your are using should use to display the date correctly : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=184
Hi can anyone tell why i keep getting advanced launcher has been marked as broken, its never happened before. I'm using Aeon Nox 4.0 frodo version.
  • 305(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24