• 34(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
(2013-03-15, 12:29)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 12:23)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 11:33)crni Wrote: did you re-set Landscape view ?

Uhm, don't think so, how do I reset it? Smile
simply choose it again from the views list

Tried switching between all viewtypes, but it won't change: keeps saying '1 Minutes' for all shows...?
(2013-03-15, 12:52)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 12:29)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 12:23)mikkelnl Wrote: Uhm, don't think so, how do I reset it? Smile
simply choose it again from the views list

Tried switching between all viewtypes, but it won't change: keeps saying '1 Minutes' for all shows...?
cannot reproduce problem, TV shows should not have duration only episode... this is how it looks for me:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1365586
Very strange, this is what I see (can;t make screenshots so it's a photo):

(2013-03-15, 13:31)mikkelnl Wrote: Very strange, this is what I see (can;t make screenshots so it's a photo):

try with original skin and see if problem persist but IMO there is something wrong with your library
anyone else having this ?
Seems ok at my end.

However, for full disclosure I haven't been able to test landscape view using "clear art / logo" selected as I don't use it.

But using the landscape view (with/without Fanart and description displayed), using the same version of the skin and looking at the very same tv shows ... using every configuration of the landscape view that is available to me, with my particular configuration, all seems well here.

Off topic:
@mikkelnl are you a fan of the old XFM stuff, such as songs of phrase, do we need 'um, the rice is right and the all time classic monkey news Big Grin ... Karl in film was probably one of the finest moments in radio history ... I nearly crashed the car that afternoon laughing so hard Big Grin
ok after some testing ive realised that the video thumbnail view doesnt display the filename at the bottom like others do , i activate the hide panel option since its not needed, id be greatful for a fix , and another thing that ive noticed is that if i use a seperate advanced launcher for my comics wich i rename per this tut , the views that youve added for advanced launcher dont show up to select , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXx2vn3...=1&list=UL , plus some more views would be appreciated alot , exspecially since theres no game info showing , thanks , and keep up the great work black and crni
(2013-03-15, 10:08)PatrickBateman Wrote: In all fairness, I spoke to black about in his thread, and I believe he did say he was/is going to do that anyway. So it's most likely coming to xperiance anyway way, I believe Wink

Never said that I'll do it. I'll add an extra tile like crni did on the bottom left instead off music add-ons but recently added will stay. Mod it yourself if you want to get rid of it and have an extra custom tile.
I'm gonna try a full fresh install of xbmc, feels like my xbmc is bloated anyway Wink Couldn't hurt...

(2013-03-15, 13:52)PatrickBateman Wrote: Off topic:
@mikkelnl are you a fan of the old XFM stuff, such as songs of phrase, do we need 'um, the rice is right and the all time classic monkey news Big Grin ... Karl in film was probably one of the finest moments in radio history ... I nearly crashed the car that afternoon laughing so hard Big Grin
Haha, I have NO idea Smile I live in Holland, and only know Karl etc via these series / Ricky Gervais... Absolutely love watching them, never heard the radio shows Sad
(2013-03-15, 01:35)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 21:11)ursli Wrote: would it be possible to get that extra tile on the right in red too? I think it does look a bit lonely if all the rest is red/green/blue/orange

sure try latest git and let me know if it works
(also now should use darker tile if show more fanart is enabled)

Works perfectly, thank a lot. Nod
(2013-03-15, 14:35)`Black Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 10:08)PatrickBateman Wrote: In all fairness, I spoke to black about in his thread, and I believe he did say he was/is going to do that anyway. So it's most likely coming to xperiance anyway way, I believe Wink

Never said that I'll do it. I'll add an extra tile like crni did on the bottom left instead off music add-ons but recently added will stay. Mod it yourself if you want to get rid of it and have an extra custom tile.

Just went back and re re-read our conversation, and it indeed looks like we were talking about different things (along with Derek). Its clear that both he and i clearly thought you meant the music tiles, but that you ment the addons tile lol Smile

You could have cleared that up back then Confused

Never mind,
I'll mod it now my self... Its Just a pain having to restore files after every git update.... First world problems man Rofl
Why don't you make a fork and merge the changes? Sure, sometimes it won't work if there are conflicts but should work most of the time.
You can try to create a patch for your changes Patrick, mine is pretty low tech so I don't know if it would work as nicely for more complicated things but here it goes:

All of this is working fine on ubuntu, you probably need to change things if you're running windows or any other system. First copy the xml file you want to patch I'll take ViewtypesVideos.xml for this example and rename it to ViewtypesVideos.backup, then you do your changes on the backup file. Once you're finished create the diff patch.

Code:
git diff -u ViewtypesVideos.xml ViewtypesVideos.backup > test.patch

Then edit the patch header to make sure it tries to apply it to the correct files once you want to patch. Should look something like this, the important bits are the 4 paths for ViewtypesVideos.xml.

Code:
diff --git a/ViewtypesVideos.xml b/ViewtypesVideos.xml
old mode 100644
new mode 100755
index 446eb91..2f65229
--- a/ViewtypesVideos.xml
+++ b/ViewtypesVideos.xml

Now you should be ready to give it a first test, stash your changes and update to latest commit.

Code:
git stash
git pull

Then do a dry run to see if everything works as expected

Code:
patch --dry-run -p1 -i test.patch

If everything patched all right you can now either patch it manually every time you update your skin (just leave out the --dry-run bit) or create a script that does everything automagically for you. Mine looks like this (I got the test.patch file and the patch.sh file in "/home/xbmc/scripts/" you probably need to change this on your end):

Code:
cd /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.xperience1080+/ && git stash

sleep 1

cd /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.xperience1080+/ && git pull

sleep 1

cp /home/xbmc/scripts/test.patch /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.xperience1080+/1080i/

sleep 1

cd /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.xperience1080+/1080i/ && patch -p1 -i test.patch

So now every time I want to update instead of running git pull I run the script which takes care of everything.

Code:
sh /home/xbmc/scripts/patch.sh

I'm no genius when it comes to these things, there are probably smarter and better ways to achieve the same, but it does work on my end so I'm fine with it.
Cheers Ursli (repped for such a helpful and informative post), I may do that!

Currently I just bastardise the active XML and force a refresh when im done Smile don't back up or anything, if it doesn't load I just start again Big Grin

I'm more into my art/testing/conception/design and ideas for functionality etc (much like my work) so I just use dirty hacks rather than great code when I have to Big Grin.....
Once it's working to my satisfction, I'll copy it out and just paste it over to the new skin when I upgrade... lazy!

I made a few changes to colours, icons, layout etc to blacks version, but they were all direct copies (from diffs) from crnis. Now he has added the music section, his mod now has all the stuff I wanted, with the exception of that 1 "new albums" button screaming at me all day like some shitty dashboard advert Sad

Its literally the only change I feel this skin needs to be perfect for me, it's just so annoying to me to have tht 1 tile flashing every few seconds with shit my wife added or whatever.. I hate it.

Colours of album covers clash with my icons and skin, its like an advert or something similar, it totally detracts/distracts me from the sleek beauty of this skin! I prefer a static silver icon there, for sound cloud or 8trcaks etc sitting directly below my custom live radio button.

I hate clutter, and love symmetry and sleek clean lines and design.
I'll have a look after the f1 practice session and my tea etc ... Smile
hello it's not very necessary but I feel that film genre icon from nbox by niamu and gabsaoleo would be a very good addition to xperience plus, much more in adequation with the skin...
what do you think?

(2013-03-17, 19:41)gabsaoleo Wrote: I've created some more icons:

Monstros=Monster movies

well maybe not the same icons exatly but the presentation...
(2013-03-17, 22:14)bakito Wrote: hello it's not very necessary but I feel that film genre icon from nbox by niamu and gabsaoleo would be a very good addition to xperience plus, much more in adequation with the skin...
what do you think?

genre icons are located under ..\extras\moviegenres and ..\extras\musicgenres so you can easily replace them with whatever you want.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4