• 11(current)
v12 Neon 2.5.9
Hmmm, TvTunes sure used to work in Neon, but I turned it off in my own setup some time ago because it annoyed me.
I will have to have a look at it at one point, have added it to the issue list as well. (#26)

I haven't had a lot of time recently, and I am not sure if I will have a lot of time in the next few weeks so development might be a bit slower.
If anyone wants to have a look themselves, please feel free to.

And thanks for the support guys Smile
Hi Kibje,

Thanks for your effort to make a Frodo version of Neon.

I have a request for a future feature and that is support for Movie sets.
Movie sets are supported in Frodo, as far as I know this isn't skin specific.
I have movie sets shown in Neon in my own installation, just make sure you enable them in the Frodo settings.
  • Make sure you have your scraper settings correct
  • do not use NFO's you generated with another program that did not add movie set info, remove NFO files if necessary.
  • Remove the movies that should be in a set
  • Rescrape your movie source.
(2013-03-18, 12:00)Kibje Wrote: Movie sets are supported in Frodo, as far as I know this isn't skin specific.
I have movie sets shown in Neon in my own installation, just make sure you enable them in the Frodo settings.
  • Make sure you have your scraper settings correct
  • do not use NFO's you generated with another program that did not add movie set info, remove NFO files if necessary.
  • Remove the movies that should be in a set
  • Rescrape your movie source.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I know movie sets are supported in Frodo. The suggestion i was thinking of was to get an submenu to Movie called Movie Sets/ Movie Collection or something similar.
Or is that submenu already supposed to show up automatically when movie sets are detected?
No, it's not and I don't know of a skin that works in that way. Movie sets work like in every other skin : instead of showing the individual movies in your movie list, a set will be show which can be opened to show the setmembers.

I believe you might be able to make a smart playlist that contains only movie sets, you could then add that to your home screen as a custom favourite.
I am not sure if the smart playlists support this feature though.
(2013-03-19, 09:10)Kibje Wrote: No, it's not and I don't know of a skin that works in that way. Movie sets work like in every other skin : instead of showing the individual movies in your movie list, a set will be show which can be opened to show the setmembers.

I believe you might be able to make a smart playlist that contains only movie sets, you could then add that to your home screen as a custom favourite.
I am not sure if the smart playlists support this feature though.

Hi Kibje,

Sorry i didn´t get back to you yesterday, had to much to do at work.

Confluence have a submenu to Movies that is called Sets:

and that is pretty much that submeny function i would like to see in Neon aswel. I know i probably could add sets as an custom submenu my self, like you say, but i think Neon only support one favorite as an custom submenu for the Movie homescreen and i have already added one to query my Movies per Country.

I guess i have to choose if i would like Sets or Country as the custom submenu.
The Sets submenu is a special node type that I would probably be able to add without too much problem.

The request to make it possible to add more custom submenus / favourites to the different choices has been asked several times before. Although this is not high on my list of priorities I believe Oleroc might be willing to program it in, I'll ask him.
This is my default skin, i tried a lot of skins but i keep getting back to Neon, i love the top osd, the skin is working great for me, thank you very much for this amazing job. Maybe in the future you can add some clearart views for tv shows and dvd case wrap from back row skin: http://iceimg.com/i/4d/bc/578267abff.png for movies. Cheers!
love this skin so much, thanks for all the hard work porting Neon to Frodo.
I still have a small issue with the Random items script, its not something i use, but i keep getting a warning that its broken, and then asks me to disable it. I choose to disable but this error message keeps returning from time to time.
Is this a known issue? does anyone know if it can be disabled somewhere in the registry or config files.. like i say, not something i use, but cant find it within my addons to disable or remove it.
(2013-04-28, 11:53)rjonesdj Wrote: love this skin so much, thanks for all the hard work porting Neon to Frodo.
I still have a small issue with the Random items script, its not something i use, but i keep getting a warning that its broken, and then asks me to disable it. I choose to disable but this error message keeps returning from time to time.
Is this a known issue? does anyone know if it can be disabled somewhere in the registry or config files.. like i say, not something i use, but cant find it within my addons to disable or remove it.

Hi,

I am using Confluence with Frodo myself and experience the same issue. So it seems it is not so much skin related as it is related to the Frodo release (just guessin' though)

If you come up with a solution I am more than interestedWink

EDIT: Maybe this thread solves our problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ript+error

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
What solves the issue with randomitems and Neon is using a version of Neon that does not depend on randomitems anymore. Double check if you are using a recent version, the current latest is 2.5.8
See the first post of this thread on how to get Neon 2.5.8

If you get this message and are using Neon 2.5.8, then i suppose XBMC is just unable to remove the randomitems script - this has nothing to do with Neon !
Check your addons folder, which is under %appdata%\XBMC\addons for a script.randomitems folder and remove it, then restart XBMC.
was using latest version 2.5.8

thanks for other suggestions, removing the folder from the appdata to have solved the problem for me. thanks
I got a message when I logged in tonight saying neon was marked as broken in repository and has now been disabled. I'm too tired to trouble shoot tonight, off to bed now...just wanted to ask is it probably just that I have an old version installed or are there problems at the moment? Pretty sure I'm using the version from passion repo.
Thanks.
I presume they changed a version or something in the latest Gotham alpha which you are probably using.
I'm running frodo at the moment.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon 2.5.93