• 23(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
HOW-TO:

Get the latest GIT changes in order to TEST the GIT version, it is not the official release and some problems may exists with the add-on:

I'm using Raspberry Pi so:

Code:
pi@raspbmc: sudo rm -R /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt

pi@raspbmc: sudo git clone https://github.com/rectifyer/script.trakt.git /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt

I tested this and its working.

Obs:
You must have GIT installed before running the second line above
pi@raspbmc: sudo apt-get install git-core

You can also create a shell script

Code:
pi@raspbmc: sudo nano /home/pi/trakt_sync.sh

paste (If you're using Putty, just right click with mouse to paste):

Code:
#!/bin/bash
clear
sudo rm -R /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt
sudo git clone https://github.com/rectifyer/script.trakt.git /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt
sudo rm -R /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/.git
sudo chown -R pi /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt

press CTRL+O to Write
press CTRL+X to Save

Set an executable permission:
Code:
pi@raspbmc: sudo chmod +x trakt_sync.sh

To run script:
Code:
pi@raspbmc: sudo sh /home/pi/trakt.sh

I'm new to linux and I guess others are too - mainly RPI users.
fernandovg, instead of removing the .git folder, any subsequent updates can be done by simply changing to the script.trakt folder and doing git pull.
thanks! will try that now
(2013-03-27, 20:17)mikelykzit Wrote: Done and done.

Just used the git commits posted about an hour ago: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7417

Ratings popped up for both TV plays from hulu and the movie play from amazon and all submitted successfully. Only issue was that after the 2nd hulu episode, the ratings box lost focus (I think due to a notification) and the only way to use it (or anything else) was to use my mouse. Not sure if that's really a trakt issue though or more of a skin/xbmc issue. That's between log line 1462 and 1464.

Thank you for testing this and being so patient mikelykzit.

Looking through your log, I spotted another error I over looked, fixing that up now.

As for the ratings box losing focus, not sure how thats even possible, as its a modal dialog (it should remain focused until closed).

Update: Fix submitted for the error, would've prevented the final scrobbling of the episode, one of these days I'll stop over looking stupid little things.
nate1280,

I just watched a TV-show and when It ended the rate dialog appeared but I pressed a key on my remote that opened the movie library. So I could not change the rating (I guess lost focus) so I press "back" and the rateing dialog closed
So I start to watch again the tv-show and fast foward it until last 30 seconds in order to rate again. I succeed to rate but at Trakt website its still appearing as "watching in XBMC" but I'm not watching anymore. It's a problem, isn't it?

Here's my log:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bkhivw
could not use pastebin (more than 500k)

(its still showing as "watching in xbmc")

UPDATE: today its not showing at my history as "watched".
I deleted the first scrobble because I needed to watch again and I thought it would scrobble again. So the second scrobble didn't marked as seen.
Is it something related with the amount of time that need to be watched do mark as seen? I never understood that % slider to scrobble at settings. So If its 75% I must watch 75% of 42min in order to mark seen?

Thanks
Will sleep now and talk to you tomorrow
I have a strange issue on one of my 2 XBMC Raspberry Pi instances (XBian 1.0alpha5, XBMC 12.1) with this add-on version 2.1.0. On one of them all is fine and after watching a TV show or movie, I get the rating dialog and all is well. But on the other instance it will initially scrobble fine (watch progress being updated every 5 minutes or so until near the end), but after finishing it won't popup the rating dialog and it doesn't automatically mark it as scrobbled on trakt (it stays being currently watched for a while). The settings on both XBMC are the same for this add-on and there are no warnings or errors logged. What could be wrong? I even reinstalled XBian and just enabled this add-on to be sure that nothing else has screwed it up, no luck either.

Edit: Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/BTw3nuLh . I started watching at 22:38:36, I see no errors related to trakt. However, this show has not been scrobbled, I initiated a manual sync afterwards to get it added.

Edit2: Pulled down the GIT version and all seems fine now! Sorry to bother you guys with this.
(2013-03-28, 04:10)fernandovg Wrote: nate1280,

I just watched a TV-show and when It ended the rate dialog appeared but I pressed a key on my remote that opened the movie library. So I could not change the rating (I guess lost focus) so I press "back" and the rateing dialog closed
So I start to watch again the tv-show and fast foward it until last 30 seconds in order to rate again. I succeed to rate but at Trakt website its still appearing as "watching in XBMC" but I'm not watching anymore. It's a problem, isn't it?

Here's my log:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bkhivw
could not use pastebin (more than 500k)

(its still showing as "watching in xbmc")

UPDATE: today its not showing at my history as "watched".
I deleted the first scrobble because I needed to watch again and I thought it would scrobble again. So the second scrobble didn't marked as seen.
Is it something related with the amount of time that need to be watched do mark as seen? I never understood that % slider to scrobble at settings. So If its 75% I must watch 75% of 42min in order to mark seen?

Thanks
Will sleep now and talk to you tomorrow

The reason the watching stayed, was because when it tried to scrobble again, it failed since it was already scrobbled, so it didn't clear the watching. I can handle this by cancelling the watching if an episode/movie is already scrobbled.

With the trakt.tv api if you try to scrobble the same episode/movie back to back without much time elapsing, only the first scrobble will succeed.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.
So, If I don't rate on the "first" time I see the tv-show, I can't rate it again doing what I did, is it correct?
(2013-03-28, 14:49)fernandovg Wrote: I see. Thanks for the explanation.
So, If I don't rate on the "first" time I see the tv-show, I can't rate it again doing what I did, is it correct?

You can go through and rate it again, it just won't scrobble a second time, and will remain watching until it times out (15 minutes), or you start another video.

I've added some code to clear the watching if a video has already been scrobbled, will push it to git soon.
Thanks!
How that % scrobble slider works (settings)? I never set that. Its the default value.
The minimum percent watched slider is just that, if you watch more then that % of the video (actually watch, or seek past) it will attempt to scrobble.
(2013-03-28, 03:02)nate1280 Wrote: Thank you for testing this and being so patient mikelykzit.

Looking through your log, I spotted another error I over looked, fixing that up now.

As for the ratings box losing focus, not sure how thats even possible, as its a modal dialog (it should remain focused until closed).

Update: Fix submitted for the error, would've prevented the final scrobbling of the episode, one of these days I'll stop over looking stupid little things.

I wouldn't really call it being patient with this fast of a turnaround Wink

But here's the latest log with the pull you posted last night: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7614

The log is kind of a mess, with a handful of pauses, stops and restarts, but I suppose at this point where everything seems to be working correctly that could be helpful too. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, so I think congratulations are in order! Great job, nate! If you'd like more logs or other scenarios, just let me know. Happy to help!
(2013-03-28, 18:31)mikelykzit Wrote: I wouldn't really call it being patient with this fast of a turnaround Wink

But here's the latest log with the pull you posted last night: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7614

The log is kind of a mess, with a handful of pauses, stops and restarts, but I suppose at this point where everything seems to be working correctly that could be helpful too. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, so I think congratulations are in order! Great job, nate! If you'd like more logs or other scenarios, just let me know. Happy to help!

Did everything show up in your recently watched ok? If so, it does look like this is finally solved.
(2013-03-28, 19:03)nate1280 Wrote: Did everything show up in your recently watched ok? If so, it does look like this is finally solved.

Yep. Watching, scrobble after view, and ratings all showing up on trakt.
nate1280, is it possible to use the $INFO[System.InternetState] to only do a SYNC to Trakt if internet is available?

I had no internet for the past 2 hours and I came up with this idea.
I ask this because I have a script that when I plug my external HDD to RPI, it runs a library update and a trakt sync (trakt settings)
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13