• 27(current)
[RELEASE] Ace
Hi,

Still using this skin, it's by far and away my favourite.

The only "issue" I have (which I did mention a good number of pages back but can't find if anyone addressed it, apologies if so and I've missed it!), is that when selecting a TV show, to load the season list, it spends a short age saying buffering! It doesn't do this anywhere else or in other skins I've tried before, and even if I go "back" and re-select the TV Show it does the same again, so it's not caching it or anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas as to why this one action insists on buffering, even if there's only 1 or 2 seasons.

Thanks in advance.

Dex
This has turned out to be my favorite skin by far.
One request: Could we have an EPG that looked either like Windows Media Center or TiVo?
I believe there was a post several pages back, that Marcos said he is working on the whole TV section (for version 1.5.2 or something like that).

So with that in mind, here is another suggestion for Marcos: How about a new section regarding Work in Progress (W.I.P.), instead of continuing to post updates in this thread which tend to get lost in the shuffle.

This thread could continue on with issues and praise for the ACE skin, and the W.I.P. section would be for upcoming features and bug fixes.

BTW Marcos, keep up the excellent work. I actually look forward to each new patch, as you bring so many cool new things to ACE.
Great looking skin. I liked it very much, untill I saw what LiveTV section looks like. There is no current EGP in the channels-list, like the confluence has, only progressbar. Why remove that?
People wan't to see what is currently on, on all channels in the list. So that they don't have to select every channel in order to see that.

Would be nice if you could add that, and if possible, the next event right under the progressbar.

Otherwise, great skin, very Fast, with a realy nice layout. Good job.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
There have been a few requests, and problems listed regarding the Watched Icon used in this skin. Yet I haven't seen anyone give examples (or alternatives) of what it should be or look like. Based on other skins, a simple LARGE check-mark would be enough.
Example:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80850

I would suggest, that whatever Icon you end up using, that it be two toned (White Icon with Black border for example), in case there is a background that matches the color of the icon, so it just blends in.

I was using My Movies for a long time, and the Icon I used for watched TV show was a pair of Dark Sunglasses. Which was great on light colored backgrounds, but you couldn't really see it on dark backgrounds.

I was kinda hoping there would be some kind of watched TV icon in the Colored Movie and TV-Show Icons thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923) but I didn't see anything that stands out.
Well, I have Ace set to "movie sets" and I have the extra info thing installed and i can get sets to work but I still have to manually set them up. I have a shared db and everything works fine except for the movie sets part. When xbmc scrapes a movie, it adds it to the library, but it does not make a .nfo file for it in the movie folder, so I still have to use an external scraper and then tell it that i want it in a set... What am I doing wrong? I thought xbmc was supposed to store the movie info in the movie folder?
Love this skin.. One question - how do I add the program add-on shortcuts to the 'My menu' as shown in the image here? Could not figure that out. Help will be appreciated.
Cheers!
/KR
(2013-04-08, 13:27)AndroiDad75 Wrote: Yes, I have run the artworkdownloader to get the disc files. Hmmm, I have shut down XBMC and started it back up multiple times. By restart, what do you mean?

Thanks,

I just meant what you have already done, which seemed to work for me. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
One small but huge request i would love to see, in your old skins like showcase you could set panel to show on a delay. In ace im using glass list which I love, but i only have the option to either display panels all the time, or manually bring the panel into view myself by always pressing over.

Could you add the option like in your other skins to have the panel appear based on a delay (such as 2 seconds?) It would be highly appreciated, when manually pressing over the panel transition is nice and smooth and looks great, and this way you can see the movie fanart before the details appear. Would be highly appreciated if the user could select a delay for the panel to appear automatically.
Hi there,

is there a possibility to get the watchlist feature (only showing the next episodes of every tv series you have start watching) in the series menu? this would be awesome!

Cheers
Is there a way to view all add ons?
I have a feature suggestion.... How about an option to have the paused show simply pause rather than show the info? I mean, it's cool and all, but often when I pause a show, I actually pause it to see what I'm looking at... I can then hit "info" if i want the info.
I didn't notice this before, but apparently there is a new Watched Image (a light blue triangle) on the right of TV episodes, at least in the Right view mode. Was this recently added, or have I been blind all this time. By the way, I like it, and the WAF is high with it was well.
@tommymsw, this exist in the latest release, go to menu M, choose option in show/hide furniture, done,only Pause word, and nothing more.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2013-04-09, 21:32)Wanilton Wrote: @tommymsw, this exist in the latest release, go to menu M, choose option in show/hide furniture, done,only Pause word, and nothing more.

Wow! That was fast! Smile

(sorry about that, I looked my best before I posted but couldn't find it) Thank you

Actually... pressing "M" does nothing for me on the main screen, nor does it when I am in the "movie" directory and I don;t see your solution under settings... I am clearly missing something.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ace26