• 10(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
mmm how could we say it the nice way? Shut up and go? You've got 8 posts.. all of them in this thread, who are you? A company rep?

Of course pivos does support XBMC just to win money.. they are a company after all. But they are making it the correct way, sharing the changes they do to the XBMC sources, as required by the GPLv2. You are allowed to sell GPLv2 SW as long as you share the sources, that's the deal. Others that do or did it in the past include company's as big as linksys.

About the plugins and the content, I see your point. Yes, it can be used to play illegaly downloaded content. And a knife can be used to kill. And now what? We could also ban the internet, since it can be used to download that pirated content. Or even forbid computers. Yes, that's stuppid, as are your statements.

That's my last post here, so good luck. If you are not working for the company yet, I hope that such a loyal user as you gets some thank you from them..
Etymology:

From Thomas Gray's poem, Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1742): "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."[1]

Proverb:
ignorance is bliss
  • Lack of knowledge results in happiness.
  • You are more comfortable if you don't know something.
I made a quick update.zip for the 4.2 firmware that includes both the aspect ratio fix(chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis) and the hide navigation bar for xbmc(setprop tv.hideStatusBar.enable true setprop vplayer.hideStatusBar.enable true)
http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/...132&t=1788

Basically I edited /system/bin/set_display_mode.sh and added the following to the bottom:
Code:
setprop tv.hideStatusBar.enable true
setprop vplayer.hideStatusBar.enable true
chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis

Then I packaged it into an update.zip that can be flashed using the Upgrade app.

Another thing I've noticed is that the current Netflix app from the playstore doesn't work. I've been using the v1.8.1 which works very well.
(2013-03-14, 09:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: mmm how could we say it the nice way? Shut up and go? You've got 8 posts.. all of them in this thread, who are you? A company rep?

--- hahahaha - that's all i need to say to that

(2013-03-14, 09:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: Of course pivos does support XBMC just to win money.. they are a company after all. But they are making it the correct way, sharing the changes they do to the XBMC sources, as required by the GPLv2. You are allowed to sell GPLv2 SW as long as you share the sources, that's the deal. Others that do or did it in the past include company's as big as linksys.

---Sharing the changes, but locking down so it only works with their unit's,

(2013-03-14, 09:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: About the plugins and the content, I see your point. Yes, it can be used to play illegaly downloaded content. And a knife can be used to kill. And now what? We could also ban the internet, since it can be used to download that pirated content. Or even forbid computers. Yes, that's stuppid, as are your statements.

---You don't get the point do you, Yes you can buy a knife and you can kill with it, but no ones sells a knife thinking my customers want this to kill, Pivos without so many words sell their units with exactly the intention that their buyers want it for watching illegal live streams
The statement wasn't about what you can watch over the internet, it was about pivos, the hardware, the software, and their tactics, which you seem to support

Remember apple tv' 2 jailbroken is probably the best unit (besides pc based unit's such as Zotac) that run xbmc, apple tv try to block this, zotac just supply the hardware, the rest is up to the people that want to install the software or not
No lockdowns to hardware plus good developers such as openelec that release versions that support a huge amount of hardware, the way it should be, The Pivos box is a standard M3, but they locked it down so no other M3 can use their version of XBMC
Mind you saying all this, if you look at Prometheous latest firmware, they have a version of xbmc that does work on a lot of other M6 unit's not just their's with hardware decoding including SMB, Download it and try it if you have an M6 from another company
If Pivos xbmc worked on other unit's and they didn't try to lock it to their own, then no complaint's, but they have

(2013-03-14, 09:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: That's my last post here, so good luck. If you are not working for the company yet, I hope that such a loyal user as you gets some thank you from them..

---Good
(Crap, I cant let it go...grrrrrr)

(2013-03-15, 07:52)psxwizz Wrote: The Pivos box is a standard M3, but they locked it down so no other M3 can use their version of XBMC

'This is proving your ignorance about the subject to any of the more involved people (developers and users) that have more then 9 posts, because this is plain and simple a false statement.

Shouting on a forum, with false statements is how you make a fool out of yourself Rofl
(2013-03-15, 11:32)j1nx Wrote: (Crap, I cant let it go...grrrrrr)

(2013-03-15, 07:52)psxwizz Wrote: The Pivos box is a standard M3, but they locked it down so no other M3 can use their version of XBMC

'This is proving your ignorance about the subject to any of the more involved people (developers and users) that have more then 9 posts, because this is plain and simple a false statement.

Shouting on a forum, with false statements is how you make a fool out of yourself Rofl

+1
(2013-03-14, 07:43)psxwizz Wrote: Pivos only plough money into development so they can overprice their unit's which are worth about $30 trade, i heard they gave everyone in the xbmc development team a pivos box free so they can work on the xbmc for it,
Only what i saw on statement somewhere so how true that is i don't know
This sounds like a company that do it for one future aim, lots of $$$, funny that as xbmc is freeware
So one unit out of hundreds of android unit's get xbmc attention, That is not good practice for freeware software
oh as for licenses ect... and the legal side of things
You do realise that most people are only interested in xbmc for all their lovely addons that show completely illegal live streams of movies, sports ect...
So talking about the legal side of licenses is a bit of a joke,
If it wasn't for the content that can be played then there wouldn't be the amount of interest in XBMC
And Pivos would not put any money into the development of the box and XBMC
So all the talk about breach of license and money investment is nothing but hypercritical considering what 99% of people interested in these want them for
Block all these addons so they do not work, then we would see the real interest in Pivos Development,

Wow.... well if Tronsmart obeyed the GPL licensing terms, and also sent all the members of the dev team good, working hardware then maybe they'd be a competitor. But they don't. Surprised this thread isn't locked for commercial spam.
j1nx off topic from this not so well working device. How is that [f16ref] Smart TV Box on your site performing with linux build? Im looking to replace my ATV2 that I use now as it doesent play 1080p. Think the Pivos is to expensive to get to Sweden and dont have so much confidence that the Tronsmart that I got for free will get any better...
(2013-03-15, 14:14)eskro Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 11:32)j1nx Wrote: (Crap, I cant let it go...grrrrrr)

+1

No it is not as i know the company that supplied the boxe's to Pivos, Very standard M3's just like the Cyclones
They were actually selling the unit's on Alibaba until pivos stopped them after they had enquires about the xbmc,

Anyhow who cares whether i made 1 post or 1000, that makes no odds
What my posts prove is there is more fools on forums then i first thought
I don't actually care for forum posts, but thought this would be a fun topic, to see how people react, wow is anyone here older then 18 or just immature that think they know more then they actually do,
You are the people that know nothing about development, just wannabe's that's why you are here not actually working on any unit's yourselves or developing anything, just a lot of gas,
That is my opinion and my last post as i can't be bothered now with fools, had my bit of fun, now i'm off
Cya all Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2013-03-15, 14:54)fremar Wrote: j1nx off topic from this not so well working device. How is that [f16ref] Smart TV Box on your site performing with linux build? Im looking to replace my ATV2 that I use now as it doesent play 1080p. Think the Pivos is to expensive to get to Sweden and dont have so much confidence that the Tronsmart that I got for free will get any better...

Maybe try to convience some other people from Sweden to do a group buy. That can lower the costs as you might be able to share the shipping costs and maybe order as a batch from Pivos USA instead of the EU.

That aside. I have good results with the f16ref, but it is far from finished. I will push out another binary for testing purposes in about a week. It is usinig the same XBMC sources as Pivos, with another kernel and NAND layout.
(2013-03-15, 16:44)psxwizz Wrote: No it is not as i know the company that supplied the boxe's to Pivos, Very standard M3's just like the Cyclones
They were actually selling the unit's on Alibaba until pivos stopped them after they had enquires about the xbmc,

Anyhow who cares whether i made 1 post or 1000, that makes no odds
What my posts prove is there is more fools on forums then i first thought
I don't actually care for forum posts, but thought this would be a fun topic, to see how people react, wow is anyone here older then 18 or just immature that think they know more then they actually do,
You are the people that know nothing about development, just wannabe's that's why you are here not actually working on any unit's yourselves or developing anything, just a lot of gas,
That is my opinion and my last post as i can't be bothered now with fools, had my bit of fun, now i'm off

OK, let us be mature and honestly get into a discussion. I interpreted your post as your have knowledge about the development aspects of XBMC on ARM hardware. So let's discuss;

Topic: Did Pivos indeed locked their firmware to their box only?

The sources can be found here;
https://github.com/Pivosgroup/buildroot-linux

Could you please show me the code that is locking the firmware to Pivos only?
(2013-03-15, 16:44)psxwizz Wrote: now i'm off

finally....
Hi Guys,
what are the pros and cons buying this device?
I found there is most recent firmware (28 03 2013 http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=86 ) which solves audio sync issues in the XBMC.
After all, maybe it's worth trying?
Hi Guys,
I found there is most recent firmware (28 03 2013 http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=86 ) which solves audio sync issues in the XBMC.
(2013-04-18, 12:48)jevgenijo Wrote: Hi Guys,

Why are you posting this message to multiple threads?
Oh right,..I forgot,..you're one of their sales lackeys.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0